ADVERTISEMENT

Just A Rumor Right Now-Mark Turgeon May Be Done At Maryland

gymman1031

Gold Member
Jan 24, 2008
Sounds like he is not getting fired. But, in addition to feeling pressure, he wants to head back to the Midwest.

Last edited:
Please never mention Turgeon and Kansas in the same sentence again. Damn near went into cardiac arrest.

Guy leaving Maryland for Wichita State

That has to be a slap in the face.
I don’t think you’ve paid attention to how Maryland fans have felt about Turgeon, and I don’t think you’ve paid attention to Wichita St either.

How ironic that Texas was mentioned!? Lots of Maryland people would like to see Shaka as the next coach.

How ironic that Texas was mentioned!? Lots of Maryland people would like to see Shaka as the next coach.
WHAT? Trade one scrub who can’t win in the tourney for another scrub who has one miracle run like a decade ago. Um no. Fvck outta here until you hit Pennsylvania and then keeping fvcking outta here.

WHAT? Trade one scrub who can’t win in the tourney for another scrub who has one miracle run like a decade ago. Um no. Fvck outta here until you hit Pennsylvania and then keeping fvcking outta here.
Maryland needs to land a ringer. CBB is better for it.

Reactions: bMORE607
bMORE607-Don't get me wrong! I am thinking EXACTLY what you are thinking. I am just saying who some people appear to want.

They have some money to play with.
Ultimately they will move in quiet. If Shaka is fired up they have a coach lined up.

Shaka isn't destroying the program. He is maintaining it by recruiting well and developing talent
The rush isn't there.

They have some money to play with.
Ultimately they will move in quiet. If Shaka is fired up they have a coach lined up.

Shaka isn't destroying the program. He is maintaining it by recruiting well and developing talent
The rush isn't there.
"Developing" is an awfully strong word for what Shaka is doing down there.

The rush isn't there.

giphy.gif

Disagree...

Plus that narrative is already out there.
Especially with bigs. Going to put two more in the NBA.
Jones and Sims.

I get it. You don't like Shaka. You don't think he is a good coach.
But people don't listen to that masses on the message boards.
They are too reactionary.

Disagree...

Plus that narrative is already out there.
Especially with bigs. Going to put two more in the NBA.
Jones and Sims.

I get it. You don't like Shaka. You don't think he is a good coach.
But people don't listen to that masses on the message boards.
They are too reactionary.

Sure. Absolutely. Over the course of 6 years at Texas, he's had an average of 8 top 100 recruits on his roster. In that time span, he's gone 52-56 in league play (48%). I assume it must be because other Big 12 schools have more talented rosters?

Sure. Absolutely. Over the course of 6 years at Texas, he's had an average of 8 top 100 recruits on his roster. In that time span, he's gone 52-56 in league play (48%). I assume it must be because other Big 12 schools have more talented rosters?

But you still need talent...
Once again he is maintaining the program so if they do replace him the next coach will have a talented roster to work with.

Firing coaches isn't a good thing in basketball. Hate to tell people.

There are reasons to fire a coach. Those are ones who are hurting a program.

But if one is maintaining one you don't replace them unless you have a for sure better option.

Once again he is maintaining the program so if they do replace him the next coach will have a talented roster to work with.

But if one is maintaining one you don't replace them unless you have a for sure better option.

I get it. There's always a high turnover with a new coach; players almost immediately hit the transfer portal button. Recruits decommit, and your first class is typically on the weaker side. The first year or two can be rough. Shaka has been there for 6 years, however. He has never lacked talent, he's employed by the most profitable athletic department in America, and yet he still hasn't won an NCAA Tournament game as the Texas HC.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

One of the dumbest fvcking things I've seen today. Not shocking from the source, though.

You are an emotional wreck....
You should know more than anyone. Maryland isn't trying to fire their coach for the same reason..
We're not firing him because they don't want to pay the buyout due to having to pay the family of the football player. Not to mention revenue took a hit due to covid. If this was a normal year there is a decent chance Turge would be getting the ax.

Also the emotional wreck part is lol worthy.

Maintaining mediocrity isn't the goal of most programs.

Their basketball program spends more than all but a handful of schools, but they're content with bowing out in the first round or getting an NIT invite. 😂

Reactions: sgrooms
We're not firing him because they don't want to pay the buyout due to having to pay the family of the football player. Not to mention revenue took a hit due to covid. If this was a normal year there is a decent chance Turge would be getting the axe.

Whatever you need to tell yourself.

Like with Alabama...Nate Oats is looking good because Avery Johnson did a great job at bringing in talent....

Everyone as of right now thinks Oats is an elite coach.
Because he is winning.

Once he isn't that could change. But the thing is that Oats will have to maintain that type of talent that was brought in under Avery Johnson.

Johnson projected at a very high level...

Reactions: Catilac
Whatever you need to tell yourself.

Like with Alabama...Nate Oats is looking good because Avery Johnson did a great job at bringing in talent....

Everyone as of right now thinks Oats is an elite coach.
Because he is winning.

Once he isn't that could change. But the thing is that Oats will have to maintain that type of talent that was brought in under Avery Johnson.

Johnson projected at a very high level...
Turgeon has been at Maryland for a decade, sorry we expect more from him than you do Shaka. I know you think you know everything, that’s like your schtick, but most of the time you’re in over your head.

Turgeon has been at Maryland for a decade, sorry we expect more from him than you do Shaka. I know you think you know everything, that’s like your schtick, but most of the time you’re in over your head.

We...
Do you mean you. Because you cannot speak for everyone.

It isn't expecting anything. There are people around Texas who think like you.

But once again these opinions are reactionary. People who attach their emotional opinions to the outcome of the game.

So if the ref didn't call a foul...Would that mean Shaka was a decent coach.
Shaka didn't change at all.

We...
Do you mean you. Because you cannot speak for everyone.

It isn't expecting anything. There are people around Texas who think like you.

But once again these opinions are reactionary. People who attach their emotional opinions to the outcome of the game.

So if the ref didn't call a foul...Would that mean Shaka was a decent coach.
Shaka didn't change at all.
No I guarantee <75% of the Maryland fan base expects more. Blows my mind that you're trying to tell a fan of another team what is good for them. Who the fvck do you think you are?

Go read an article or something. God damn all you do is interject with your shitty opinions and hot takes and expect everybody to agree because you think you're the smartest man in the room when in reality it's probably not the exact opposite, but close too. Here's an article for you, fvck face. God damn my ignore list just grows by the day.

Maryland men’s basketball is supposed to be better than this - The Washington Post

No I guarantee <75% of the Maryland fan base expects more. Blows my mind that you're trying to tell a fan of another team what is good for them. Who the fvck do you think you are?

Go read an article or something. God damn all you do is interject with your shitty opinions and hot takes and expect everybody to agree because you think you're the smartest man in the room when in reality it's probably not the exact opposite, but close too. Here's an article for you, fvck face. God damn my ignore list just grows by the day.

Maryland men’s basketball is supposed to be better than this - The Washington Post

Once again you speak for yourself....

ADVERTISEMENT