ADVERTISEMENT

Jon Scheyer is like a young Brad Stevens with Cal's recruiting ability

Those of you who thought that Duke would fall off a cliff after K's retirement are in for a rude awakening. Jon already has 3 top 10 recruits locked up for '22 (Whitehead, Lively and Filipowski) plus another top 15 player for the Class of 2023.

Opposing coaches describe him as a young prodigy that's great with Xs & Os and executing end of game situations. He's been groomed for this role for half a decade now.

I'm feeling confident that Duke will return to its 90s level of dominance with a proven winner like Scheyer at the helm.

After browsing Rupp Rafters, its clear that we live rent free in BBN's head. I imagine it will only get worse if we put another beatdown on UK in the Champions Classic.

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
"If someone gave you proof that Zion received money, you wouldn't accept it." WRONG. And you can ask family members my stance on this.

"Marcus Camby took money from an agent, he secretly did that, Cal had no idea it happened and that was proven, yet you are accusing him of cheating. What did he do?

But when it comes to the Lance Thomas and Zion accusations, you demand proof." Difference. Lance and Zion have yet to be found to be guilty of anything. Marcus Camby was. BIG difference.
Okay, you say Lance and Zion have yet to be found guilty, but Marcus Camby was, well, Calipari wasn't found guilty, so why are you so adamant that he is a cheater?

Okay, you say Lance and Zion have yet to be found guilty, but Marcus Camby was, well, Calipari wasn't found guilty, so why are you so adamant that he is a cheater?
Having been exposed to Cal at a younger age and knowing some items that I do, lets just say that I find it very difficult to believe he was unaware. I will leave it at that.

Hardly the proof you were clamoring on and on about for the duke guys. Prove it of stfu. Did i do that right?

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Having been exposed to Cal at a younger age and knowing some items that I do, lets just say that I find it very difficult to believe he was unaware. I will leave it at that.
But you won't leave it at that, unless you just turned a new leaf, like today.

What were you exposed to? You've been around Cal at some point in your life? I have GOT to hear this.

giphy.gif

He gets a minimum of four years, just like K got.

After that, I'd say missing the tournament more than once over a 5 year period would put him on very shaky ground.

As long as he consistently produces top 25 teams, I don't think he has anything to worry about. Given his ability to recruit, I don't believe the transition will be as bad as some are hoping/expecting.
Hope you are right but IMO no one will ever get that much time again.If K or DES were starting over today both would be fired

Hope you are right but IMO no one will ever get that much time again.If K or DES were starting over today both would be fired

Except, K can fight for Scheyer - and I'm sure he'll have regular contact with the AD. If he believes in Scheyer, K can simply say, "Listen, I stunk it up after three years. You have to at least let get him through an entire recruiting cycle, like I did. By all accounts, I should have been fired after three years."

Judging by Scheyer's first recruiting class, however, I suspect he'll consistently be in the top 25. NIL rights are going to be in our favor, too.

Dickersons accolades speak for themseleves, but having said that ive seen Williams destroy us first hand. Not saying dickerson wouldnt have done the same thing if not even more. Just i cant say nothin bad about williams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT