ADVERTISEMENT

Jon Scheyer is like a young Brad Stevens with Cal's recruiting ability

bignish

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2016
Team
Duke
Those of you who thought that Duke would fall off a cliff after K's retirement are in for a rude awakening. Jon already has 3 top 10 recruits locked up for '22 (Whitehead, Lively and Filipowski) plus another top 15 player for the Class of 2023.

Opposing coaches describe him as a young prodigy that's great with Xs & Os and executing end of game situations. He's been groomed for this role for half a decade now.

I'm feeling confident that Duke will return to its 90s level of dominance with a proven winner like Scheyer at the helm.

After browsing Rupp Rafters, its clear that we live rent free in BBN's head. I imagine it will only get worse if we put another beatdown on UK in the Champions Classic.

UK fans are obsessed with Duke. Let me prove it by going to UK's website and reading about UK.

Congrats on Lively, really wanted him. I guess we will have to settle for two of the top 5 instead of three. And we aint done yet.
RR is pretty entertaining though, its by far the homeboard with the most traffic so lots of fans of other schools check in for shits and giggles. RR has an incredible amount of sunshine pumpers so its a must read.

Who's the other top 5 recruit ya"ll have besides Sharpe? I haven't seen Livingston being ranked in the top 5 by any of the major recruiting services.

ESPN: 12
Rivals: 8
247Sports: 6

Filipowski is ranked top 5 by Rivals while Whitehead is ranked top 5 by ESPN and 247Sports.

Is Cason Wallace going to come to UK when they already have Sharpe, Skyy Clark and possibly a sophomore TyTy Washington/senior Sahvir Wheeler?

RR is pretty entertaining though, its by far the homeboard with the most traffic so lots of fans of other schools check in for shits and giggles. RR has an incredible amount of sunshine pumpers so its a must read.

Who's the other top 5 recruit ya"ll have besides Sharpe? I haven't seen Livingston being ranked in the top 5 by any of the major recruiting services.

Filipowski is ranked top 5 by Rivals while Whitehead is ranked top 5 by ESPN and 247Sports.

Is Cason Wallace going to come to UK when they already have Sharpe, Skyy Clark and possibly a sophomore TyTy Washington/senior Sahvir Wheeler?
I would bet we get Wallace. I’ve seen a place or two with Livingston top 5. Lol at ESPN.

And give me a break with the Rafters BS. I don’t care at all if people read Rafters, it’s people reading rafters and then coming back here giggling like school girls afterwords. We are all aware home boards have their fair share of morons. We also are all aware that Rafters is much more lively than other boards. So what other outcomes are you expecting when you go over there? Give it a rest.

5 posts asking clarifying questions and proof of accusations and I was banned at RR. Bunch of sensitive sallies over there

No team ever is going to return to the 1990's level of dominance. Not unless the NIL is enough to keep these kids around for a while.

Reactions: topps coach
UK fans are obsessed with Duke. Let me prove it by going to UK's website and reading about UK.

Congrats on Lively, really wanted him. I guess we will have to settle for two of the top 5 instead of three. And we aint done yet.
They are obsessed with Duke.

Calling him a young Brad Stevens before he even coaches a game 🤣

Glad you're back to your full blown homerness

Reactions: TheBlueCat
Calling him a young Brad Stevens before he even coaches a game 🤣

Glad you're back to your full blown homerness
Kind of like Cal is a young Eddie Sutton. Only time will tell what lengths he went to for recruits.

Reactions: Villian07
It's truly impressive how bad you are at this
It is truly impressive how worried you are about information and people posting on a message board. All I know is that Eddie cheated and got caught. Cal will eventually.

Nish is such a homer. Scheyer is starting out well on the recruiting trail though.

After yall choked with Zion he went full bore negative for a bit. It's good to see him back on the homer side.

Reactions: tw3301

Wallace has already committed to UK. That one has been over for at least a few weeks. Just a matter of when he wants to announce.

Both Wheeler and Washington are convinced they’re gone after this season. is what it is.

Those of you who thought that Duke would fall off a cliff after K's retirement are in for a rude awakening. Jon already has 3 top 10 recruits locked up for '22 (Whitehead, Lively and Filipowski) plus another top 15 player for the Class of 2023.

Opposing coaches describe him as a young prodigy that's great with Xs & Os and executing end of game situations. He's been groomed for this role for half a decade now.

I'm feeling confident that Duke will return to its 90s level of dominance with a proven winner like Scheyer at the helm.

After browsing Rupp Rafters, its clear that we live rent free in BBN's head. I imagine it will only get worse if we put another beatdown on UK in the Champions Classic.
jon-scheyer-of-the-duke-blue-devils-celebrates-after-they-won-6159-picture-id98271427

This is funny to me.
Eh, I don't think browsing another team's homeboard out of boredom and curiosity represents some sort of obsession.

Half of the threads on RR are about Duke, its clearly a big contingent of BBN is obsessed with us and have a little brother mentality. I don't think this applies to any of the longtime UK posters here though.

Go over to any Duke homeboard, rarely will you see any mention of UK unless its about an actual recruiting matchup or when we're playing each other.

It is truly impressive how worried you are about information and people posting on a message board. All I know is that Eddie cheated and got caught. Cal will eventually.
Then so will K. If you cant connect dots idk what else to tell ya. Dont feel like arguing the same ish weve argued before.

Eh, I don't think browsing another team's homeboard out of boredom and curiosity represents some sort of obsession.

Half of the threads on RR are about Duke, its clearly a big contingent of BBN is obsessed with us and have a little brother mentality. I don't think this applies to any of the longtime UK posters here though.

Go over to any Duke homeboard, rarely will you see any mention of UK unless its about an actual recruiting matchup or when we're playing each other.
Little brother mentality? Why exactly? A few top 5 recruits K acconplished nothing with? You sound like a RR poster yourself, no wonder u like it over there.

Then so will K. If you cant connect dots idk what else to tell ya. Dont feel like arguing the same ish weve argued before.
I wasnt replying to you. Scroll by if it gets your ppanties in a bunch.

And K is clean. Many have tried, but nothing has been found. Cal already has been caught cheating and had 2 FF's erased. But carry on.

I’ll say this; Cal signed similar classes during his down years. It’s going to take Scheyer more than just recruiting at a high level. It’s what he does with them once they’re there.

He can sign top players 1 through 5 every year and it couldn’t concern me less because those classes rarely hoist the hardware. It takes someone special to pull them through.

Last edited:
I do like Scheyer. Big fan. He was the only Duke guy, outside of Quin Snyder, that I had any interest in as a successor to K. Still... he's 14 months away from coaching his first game lol.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
ADVERTISEMENT