ADVERTISEMENT

Jon Scheyer is like a young Brad Stevens with Cal's recruiting ability

Bc the 100k is FREE. And he very easily could have blown out his knee for life when he blew out that sneaker. 6 months from now is not guarenteed. RIP but i bet terrence clarks family wishes they had shopped his recruitment harder(just assuming they didnt). Not trying to hate on a dead man, just saying tommorow is not promised for anyone.

Better question, why would anyone NOT take the money, regardless if he was the sure fire number 1 pick in six months? Why would that deter you from taking 6 figures while you wait, when its free $. The ncaa cant throw u in jail and it was obv going on all around him, and he obv knew it was a possibility through the Kansas recruiting pitch. Again, no one turns down free $$$, not even rich people.

The dmv records are enough proof for me, if you need more than that it doesnt matter what comes to light, you’ll spin it. Theres a reson theres no “proof” and its the same reason they had to get al capone for tax evasion when he was a mob gangster.

And im the one not making sense lol.

again and again and again, gun to your head scenario youd say yes 10 times before the question was even completed.

but whatever you do you, believe what you want. Im very aware no one is about to change anyones mind on much of anything much less something about their team, on an anonymous message boards.

Just know if all the facts were still the same EXCEPT zion had went to UK or UNC or anywhere else in the nation, youd be the one leading charge on how they cheated to get him.

That dude is a different kind of stupid. Kay pissed in his face he swear to you it was raining.

AFAMU be like...
Horse-Blinders.jpg

Talking about not understanding finance in the same paragraph where you dont understand why a player would take free $$$ regardless of their draft status. And six months isnt that short of a period of time for most 18-19 year olds. It sint a short period of time for anyone waiting to be a multi-millionaire imo.

I doubt even accountants/financial planners would tell you to not take free money, unless it could land you in jail.

Nba teams didnt much care that james wiseman got busted. They dont care if you take the money, so its not like taking the 100k now jeapordizes the future earnings. Even if u get caught by the ncaa like wiseman, he still got drafted super high.
Every one of your posts is a guess and a wish and a maybe.

Do you have the link to the DMV records. I have never seen them.

When you actually prove something, get back to me.

Sorry, until it is actually proven, I dont believe it.

At least the UNc stuff was actually proven in the emails and transcripts. You know, FACTS. The Duke haters accusations have not been proven. Just wishes.

And the 6 months you mention, Zion was given everything he needs by Duke. Food, clothes, free Duke stuff.

Do you also understand insurance for that supposed blow out of his knee. You know he had insurance, right? All the stars get it.

These posts always make me laugh. Unproven story after story of made up shit about Duke by a Duke hater. Prove something.
So prove your accusations or stfu.

Didn't Lively (or maybe one of the other 22' recruits) say that K was on the phone during his recruitment and K said he'd still be involved for years? So is it Scheyer landing these recruits or is K still the reason?

The dmv records were linked and posted here a damn year ago. You very much saw them, just like the rest of us. Im not digging it back up. It was three luxury suvs, one being a benz wagon(over 100k itself). Those are facts, not hopes and dreams of duke haters.

I didnt make the ish up, it was on the North Carolina dmv records and it was posted right here on this very board.

And sorry but free clothes and food and gear pales to six figures in cash. I mean surely even you understand that.

And if he had the insurance, why would he not want any extra free $$$ on top of it. Thats a stupider argument than why take the money when u will be getting an nba paycheck in six months. BC ITS FREE $$$$

The reality is im the only person on here so stupid enough to continue to argue the same bs with you over and over and over again.

The dmv records were linked and posted here a damn year ago. You very much saw them, just like the rest of us. Im not digging it back up. It was three luxury suvs, one being a benz wagon(over 100k itself). Those are facts, not hopes and dreams of duke haters.

I didnt make the ish up, it was on the North Carolina dmv records and it was posted right here on this very board.

And sorry but free clothes and food and gear pales to six figures in cash. I mean surely even you understand that.

And if he had the insurance, why would he not want any extra free $$$ on top of it. Thats a stupider argument than why take the money when u will be getting an nba paycheck in six months. BC ITS FREE $$$$

The reality is im the only person on here so stupid enough to continue to argue the same bs with you over and over and over again.
And you are still the one that has yet to prove one of your accusations with any proof.

I am happy to listen and even agree with you if some actual facts can be provided.

Here's a potential scenario. The Kansas guy says to the other guy, he is a solid Duke commit, but what if we offer him 100k in cash.

Again, the money scenario NEVER mentioned Duke, just Kansas. And I wonder why RJ or Cam never was accused of taking money or asking for money.

Keep fishing dude, there is one fish in the ocean and you cant seem to catch him.

You always want proof. What was the NCAA's ruling against UNC? The same NCAA that said Zion and Magette were clean. Clue us in.
As I have said multiple times, the FACTS in the UNc case are the emails and text messages. Actual physical documentation. Plus Peppers transcript that showed he was ineligible. FACTS.

That the NCAA chose to not punish UNc is on them.

Now, please provide the actual facts in the Zion case. Physical or actual proof of the accusations you folks make.

As I have said multiple times, the FACTS in the UNc case are the emails and text messages. Actual physical documentation. Plus Peppers transcript that showed he was ineligible. FACTS.

That the NCAA chose to not punish UNc is on them.

Now, please provide the actual facts in the Zion case. Physical or actual proof of the accusations you folks make.

The NCAA didn't punish UNC because they had nothing and that just pisses you off. You been unhappy ever since the ruling and I love it!

The NCAA didn't punish UNC because they had nothing and that just pisses you off. You been unhappy ever since the ruling and I love it!
Nice story. A fairy tale, but nice story OJ.

Your POS school got off on a technicality. Geez, even the kids taking the classes knew and admitted.

I guess Carol Folt is a liar also.

FACTS dude. But I do love that every time Unc is mentioned in today's world, the majority of people think they cheated and got away with it. Even UNc grads can admit to that.

Nice story. A fairy tale, but nice story OJ.

Your POS school got off on a technicality. Geez, even the kids taking the classes knew and admitted.

I guess Carol Folt is a liar also.

FACTS dude. But I do love that every time Unc is mentioned in today's world, the majority of people think they cheated and got away with it. Even UNc grads can admit to that.

You're still upset. Cry it out Phil, you may feel better.

You're still upset. Cry it out Phil, you may feel better.
Funny thing is, I dont have to spend the rest of my life defending my school over the biggest athletic cheating scandal in history.

I dont cry over it, I laugh about it.

Funny thing is, I dont have to spend the rest of my life defending my school over the biggest athletic cheating scandal in history.

I dont cry over it, I laugh about it.

We laugh at you and we'll continue to do so. By the way don't change the handle because it reminds everyone here how sensitive you really are.

Every one of your posts is a guess and a wish and a maybe.

Do you have the link to the DMV records. I have never seen them.

When you actually prove something, get back to me.

Sorry, until it is actually proven, I dont believe it.

At least the UNc stuff was actually proven in the emails and transcripts. You know, FACTS. The Duke haters accusations have not been proven. Just wishes.

And the 6 months you mention, Zion was given everything he needs by Duke. Food, clothes, free Duke stuff.

Do you also understand insurance for that supposed blow out of his knee. You know he had insurance, right? All the stars get it.

These posts always make me laugh. Unproven story after story of made up shit about Duke by a Duke hater. Prove something.
So prove your accusations or stfu.
Ever seen propane gas?

Wait, so he thinks Duke/K are free of anything illegal because the NCAA has always cleared them, but UNC broke rules even though the NCAA cleared them?

This will help me know your line of thinking pretty easy. Did OJ Simpson kill anyone or not?

Wait, so he thinks Duke/K are free of anything illegal because the NCAA has always cleared them, but UNC broke rules even though the NCAA cleared them?

This will help me know your line of thinking pretty easy. Did OJ Simpson kill anyone or not?
Actually because there has been no actual physical proof of said crimes by Duke. With UNc you had all the emails and admissions by those involved. Plus, the Chancellor at the time said it was an athletic and academic scandal they were working to rectify.

And yes, OJ killed his wife and the other guy.

And you are still the one that has yet to prove one of your accusations with any proof.

I am happy to listen and even agree with you if some actual facts can be provided.

Here's a potential scenario. The Kansas guy says to the other guy, he is a solid Duke commit, but what if we offer him 100k in cash.

Again, the money scenario NEVER mentioned Duke, just Kansas. And I wonder why RJ or Cam never was accused of taking money or asking for money.

Keep fishing dude, there is one fish in the ocean and you cant seem to catch him.
Lets just agree to disagree.

Im sure barrett and Reddish got their nike bag too, they just werent on the wire discussing being paid by other schools/shoe sponsers.

The dmv records and the house were brought to light in the lawsuit by the lady agent or whatever. Just bc zion didnt lose the lawsuit doesnt mean she fabricated evidence about the house and the cars. Plus arent dmv records public info. Ive already told u i dont care to go digging for that old thread, its old news. And it proves nothing against duke anyways, it just proves the williamson family came into some money.

I get it, if the ncaa aint looking/dont care I wouldnt throw my coach or players under the bus for likely getting paid either. Same crossroad I get to when arguing the same argument with UK fans.

And again adidas gave fringe 5 star brian bowen 200k so when i say six figures i dont mean 100k on the dot, it was probly closer to 500k than 100k for zion, but obv i cant prove that one. Also bowen was gettin paid by his effing high school team and his aau teams. And he wasnt even a top 10 recruit. Maybe he was an outlier but i doubt it.

Like ive said, gun to your head, youd have a quick reversal of opinions. Reminder pitino got busted as an assistant at hawaii for buying pizza for recruits/team so if you had a gun to your head and had to guess(bc lets be honest none of us really know the fine details, just the breadcrumbs) whether zion received ANY impermissible benefits at Duke, youd guess yes 1000 times in a row.

I will agree to disagree and move on. But acting like im making up the dmv records that came to light during that lawsuit is garbage and you know it.

Last edited:
Lets just agree to disagree.

Im sure barrett and Reddish got their nike bag too, they just werent on the wire discussing being paid by other schools/shoe sponsers.

And again adidas gave fringe 5 star brian bowen 200k so when i say six figures i dont mean 100k on the dot, it was probly closer to 500k than 100k for zion, but obv i cant prove that one. Also bowen was gettin paid by his effing high school team and his aau teams. And he wasnt even a top 10 recruit.

The dmv record and the house were brought to light in the lawsuit by the lady agent or whatever. Just bc zion didnt lose the lawsuit doesnt mean she fabricated evidence about the house and the cars.

Like ive said, gun to your head, youd have a quick reversal of opinions. Remindet pitino got busted in hawaii for buying pizza for recruits/team so if you had a gun to your head and had to guess(bc lets be honest none of us really know the fine details, just the breadcrumbs) whether zion received ANY impermissible benefits at Duke, youd guess yes 1000 times in a row.

Agree to disagree, its moot regardless bc we know the ncaa aint doin ish so you have the right to believe whatever you want. Not even a final four banner there to vacate anyways so who cares at this point. Have a nice day.
No the judge threw the lawsuit out because of fraudulent evidence.

But you keep on mentioning other folks that I could care less about. Zion was not paid by Duke. Until you can prove it just stfu.

So you are the one with all the proof on Zion. Have you shown the NCAA? Or maybe try a UNc fan, they have been looking for years.

All this post is is the made up stuff we have been hearing about for years.

Why would the Lance Thomas team have to vacate anything because he purchased jewelry in NYC. What does Duke have to do with that?
Why do you make excuses for Duke's accusations, but when it comes to everyone else, you ignore the facts and just accuse them of cheating?
Do you understand that it's hard for anyone that reads your posts, to respect anything you say, when you are an over-the-top homer?
If you looked at everyone else with the same eyes you use to view duke, you would not be saying the things you typically say.

Reactions: Villian07
Why do you make excuses for Duke's accusations, but when it comes to everyone else, you ignore the facts and just accuse them of cheating?
Do you understand that it's hard for anyone that reads your posts, to respect anything you say, when you are an over-the-top homer?
If you looked at everyone else with the same eyes you use to view duke, you would not be saying the things you typically say.
Not excuses. That is the difference. FACTS. Simple.

Once again, do you have proof of them living in this supposed house. Why no pictures of them going in and out of the house or driving the cars.

And you also dont seem to understand finance as a Zion or his family can get loans based on future earnings. Plus, why take 100k when 6 months later you have millions. When you have something that makes sense instead of your normal nonsensical Duke hate drivel, let me know.

Until then, you are just a hater.
When it comes to all things duke, you demand proof, but when it comes to errbody else, they're just cheaters and you refuse to even consider the actual facts.

No the judge threw the lawsuit out because of fraudulent evidence.

But you keep on mentioning other folks that I could care less about. Zion was not paid by Duke. Until you can prove it just stfu.
I acknowledged zion won the case. That article says nothingn about the dmv records being fraudulent (bc they werent, its public info)

And im not saying duke paid zion a penny, im saying nike did. And Of course i cant prove it, thats the point. Thats why it all got brought down by an FBI wire sting instead of a reporter somewhere.

Regardless its a pointless argument regardless of who your team is or what player is being discussed. No one is changing anyone elses mind on an anonymous message board, so by all means believe what you want.

Hell i believed we were doing it the “right way“, seeing as how weve only had a handful of 5 star recruits this decade, but i was obv wrong as can be.

I just dont believe for a second that many five star recruits would turn down scholarship offers from the likes of Kansas, Arizona, and Louisville WITH a couple hundred thousand dollars in hand to boot, to go to uk or duke or unc for free.

But thats just my beliefs/opinion. Esp when so many of the kids that end up at uk/duke/unc often have kansas or zona or louisville (well used to) on their final list of schools as well.

Last edited:
When it comes to all things duke, you demand proof, but when it comes to errbody else, they're just cheaters and you refuse to even consider the actual facts.
Thank you, thats the only reason i ever even replied to the thread (mistake)

Peace up

Reactions: kyjeff1
Nah, you're just an over-the-top homer and that’s pretty pathetic.
Not at all. You really dont know me. If they cheated and are caught, I am done. LIsten, I have had UNc fans admit to me they got away with decades of cheating.

It is kind of like Clemson in football. Everyone claims they cheat, but yet, nothing has come of it. Same with Duke, prove it to me, Actual evidence of payments or cars given by a Duke booster or anything and I will be all over them.

Until then it is just jealousy and envy.

Not at all. You really dont know me. If they cheated and are caught, I am done. LIsten, I have had UNc fans admit to me they got away with decades of cheating.

It is kind of like Clemson in football. Everyone claims they cheat, but yet, nothing has come of it. Same with Duke, prove it to me, Actual evidence of payments or cars given by a Duke booster or anything and I will be all over them.

I get what you're saying Phil, but hear me out for a minute.

If Zion and Lance Thomas had gone to UK/KU/UNC and were accused of doing the same things, you would sing a completely different tune. I say that, because of how you act towards everyone elses transgressions or accusations.

I mean, Derreck Rose had his brother take an SAT for him, the NCAA cleared him… .twice, then came back AFTER the season with proof of cheating by Rose and Memphis didn’t fight it. Those are the facts. What did Cal do wrong there? Nothing, but you are adamant that he cheated.

Marcus Camby took money from an agent, he secretly did that, Cal had no idea it happened and that was proven, yet you are accusing him of cheating. What did he do?

But when it comes to the Lance Thomas and Zion accusations, you demand proof.

This is what homers do. You have legit proof that shows Cal did not cheat, but that doesn't matter. If someone gave you proof that Zion received money, you wouldn't accept it.

I don't care either way, doesn't matter.

On the UNc stuff, I'm not going to stir that pot again, I know what happened and so does everyone else in here. The ones that got screwed are the regular students that thought they had legit degrees. Noe that sucks.

Like prove someone gave lance thomas 50-80k worth of jewelry while he was still at Duke?

And spin “that guy wasnt a booster or duke alum”

Its exactly like Clemson and SEC football. The ncaa has no interest in going after their powerhouses sans Kansas, who the FBI busted for them. Without the fbi stepping in, do you honestly think the ncaa would have ever caught anyone or do a thing.

Its like some people believe pay for play jist went on for a few years and the fbi shut it down immediately, when in reality its been going on for decades on top of decades.

I get what you're saying Phil, but hear me out for a minute.

If Zion and Lance Thomas had gone to UK/KU/UNC and were accused of doing the same things, you would sing a completely different tune. I say that, because of how you act towards everyone elses transgressions or accusations.

I mean, Derreck Rose had his brother take an SAT for him, the NCAA cleared him… .twice, then came back AFTER the season with proof of cheating by Rose and Memphis didn’t fight it. Those are the facts. What did Cal do wrong there? Nothing, but you are adamant that he cheated.

Marcus Camby took money from an agent, he secretly did that, Cal had no idea it happened and that was proven, yet you are accusing him of cheating. What did he do?

But when it comes to the Lance Thomas and Zion accusations, you demand proof.

This is what homers do. You have legit proof that shows Cal did not cheat, but that doesn't matter. If someone gave you proof that Zion received money, you wouldn't accept it.

I don't care either way, doesn't matter.

On the UNc stuff, I'm not going to stir that pot again, I know what happened and so does everyone else in here. The ones that got screwed are the regular students that thought they had legit degrees. Noe that sucks.
"If someone gave you proof that Zion received money, you wouldn't accept it." WRONG. And you can ask family members my stance on this.

"Marcus Camby took money from an agent, he secretly did that, Cal had no idea it happened and that was proven, yet you are accusing him of cheating. What did he do?

But when it comes to the Lance Thomas and Zion accusations, you demand proof." Difference. Lance and Zion have yet to be found to be guilty of anything. Marcus Camby was. BIG difference.

With that logic, all the rapists at sparty and baylor(football) are choir boys since the mighty ncaa didnt charge em with anything.

Not really, if ur logic is that if no one is charged with anything, then nothing happened, how many of the rapists that got their ish swept under the rug at baylor got charged with anything? The ncaa didnt. The police didnt. No big deal? Just accusations?

Just playing devils advocate i know thats apples to oranges.

Like ive said believe what u want. But Just life in general, not getting caught doesnt mean you didnt do anything illegal/wrong.

Reactions: kyjeff1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT