ADVERTISEMENT

Johnny Juzang...

AuHoosier420

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2008
How did calipari botch that one? Dude gets his team to a final 4 and Kentucky was complete dog shit this year.

• Haha
Reactions: bignish
Same reason Davion Mitchell left Auburn and now is the best player for Baylor in the f4?
Davion Mitchell left 3 seasons ago after he wouldn’t start his sophomore year over Jared Harper. Harper was a better player at the time. Harper led us to a final 4. There is no one on UK’s sorry squad This year that was demonstratively better than juzang

UVA was in great shape for Juzang. We even got him to reclassify and then UK swoops in and gets him to commit to UK instead. Cal massively fails to use him properly and he leaves for UCLA. I am loving watching Juzang make bucket after bucket on his way to the Final Four while UK suffered through a 9-16 season.

UVA was in great shape for Juzang. We even got him to reclassify and then UK swoops in and gets him to commit to UK instead. Cal massively fails to use him properly and he leaves for UCLA. I am loving watching Juzang make bucket after bucket on his way to the Final Four while UK suffered through a 9-16 season.

Go choke on a turd. Or a 16 seed.

It appears cal under utilizing him last season aided in the homesick efforts.

I’d say having Boston and Clarke penciled into his position before they ever hit campus did him no favors. It’s the same for all the kids that transfer out of UK. Cal already has their replacement lined up in the next class. And it’s worked until this year, which with no offseason, can’t really be judged the same.

Did Juzang not realize Lexington was thousands of miles from Cali when he committed to UK?

Regardless, what a game. Hard not to like a player like juzang, former rival or not.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
I’d say having Boston and Clarke penciled into his position before they ever hit campus did him no favors. It’s the same for all the kids that transfer out of UK. Cal already has their replacement lined up in the next class. And it’s worked until this year, which with no offseason, can’t really be judged the same.

Did Juzang not realize Lexington was thousands of miles from Cali when he committed to UK?

Regardless, what a game. Hard not to like a player like juzang, former rival or not.
Bj Boston might be the most overrated signee of all time under cal. Dude is terrible

Bj Boston might be the most overrated signee of all time under cal. Dude is terrible

Meh No covid and he woulda been the top 5 pick he was before the season (sarcasm). Seriously though, how could anyone see that coming. How could everyone have gotten it wrong? I mean it wasn’t just the rivals or 24/7 dudes, college coaches as well, even nba scouts had him in mocks before the season. It really makes no sense. I mean I guess he had a few good games here and there, but I’d be inclined to agree with you.

He wasn’t top 5, but google VJ King from Louisville. He was a McDAA we had pie in the sky hopes for, and he never did much of anything outside of one really good game his freshmen year. And he stayed 3 years and never did much. Granted we did him no favors with 3 coaches in 3 years. But still, sometimes guys just don’t pan out.

At least he played though, I’m not sure what to think of Clarke’s season. Guess I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt that he was injured.

But yea when both of the McDAA studs you bring in turn out to be underwhelming, it’s gonna be tough. Compounded with askew being terrible all year as well. I think that hurt the most bc UK usually always has a stud PG. Harrow and Askew are the only ones I can even recall who weren’t studs. Green I guess but sga took his job moreso than he just lost it.

Jackson played well though, if he was the #30+ ranked recruit, I have a few questions for the services. What did they not see in him. Pure athletic specimen, quick laterally, quick jumper, runs like a deer, good hands, I just don’t see what’s not to like. One of the Best frosh big in the nation imo with Mobley, Dickinson, and (sure I’m leaving ppl out)

Last edited:
He would've transferred from UVA too.

“With everything going on in the world, I just wanted to come home and be a Bruin. They [his parents] just want me to do what’s best for me and make me happy. But inside, you know what they wanted. You know where they wanted me to go.

“It’s great being so close to home. Being able to come home and have dinner, do some laundry, see my sister, see my parents.”

The UK transfer roster now includes:

Darnell Dodson
Stacey Poole
Kyle Wiltjer
Charles Matthews
Marcus Lee
Ty Wynyard
Ryan Harrow
Quade Green
Sacha Killeya-Jones
Brad Calipari
Jemarl Baker
Johnny Juzang
Cam'Ron Fletcher

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: sgrooms

Darnell Dodson
Stacey Poole
Kyle Wiltjer
Charles Matthews
Marcus Lee
Ty Wynyard
Ryan Harrow
Quade Green
Sacha Killeya-Jones
Brad Calipari
Jemarl Baker
Johnny Juzang
Will also include Fletcher. A whopping 3 (Wiltjer, Matthews, Juzang) from that list have gone on to actually be decent basketball players.

....Incoming transfers to UK under Cal:

Reid Travis
Davion Mintz
Olivier Sarr
Kellan Grady

....feel like I'm forgetting somebody.

Darnell Dodson
Stacey Poole
Kyle Wiltjer
Charles Matthews
Marcus Lee
Ty Wynyard
Ryan Harrow
Quade Green
Sacha Killeya-Jones
Brad Calipari
Jemarl Baker
Johnny Juzang
Brad calipari had no business ever being in a Kentucky uniform

Yeah Auburns fans can't really talk after Bruce Pearl's kid scored a grand total of zero points and had zero assists and rebounds at Auburn.

When he committed there was no COVID. That changed a lot of things..

Reactions: Villian07
Yeah Auburns fans can't really talk after Bruce Pearl's kid scored a grand total of zero points and had zero assists and rebounds at Auburn.
Good lord. He never played at all at auburn. Has never on the team at auburn. Was never a member of the roster. Some of you need to do some research before talking out of your ass

He would've transferred from UVA too.

“With everything going on in the world, I just wanted to come home and be a Bruin. They [his parents] just want me to do what’s best for me and make me happy. But inside, you know what they wanted. You know where they wanted me to go.

“It’s great being so close to home. Being able to come home and have dinner, do some laundry, see my sister, see my parents.”

That's probably true. However, it would have been nice to have him for one season instead of watching our guards miss every single perimeter shot.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Will also include Fletcher. A whopping 3 (Wiltjer, Matthews, Juzang) from that list have gone on to actually be decent basketball players.

Think Harrow did okay at Georgia State but overall yeesh.

That's probably true. However, it would have been nice to have him for one season instead of watching our guards miss every single perimeter shot.
I feel your pain. However, in his limited shooting sample at UK he only shot 37% from the field (77 attempts) and 32% from 3 (43 attempts) and was a liability on defense. Not sure that would have gone over any better with Bennett than it did with Cal.

Reactions: jhmossy
"...neither did Brucie's kid at AU " .....referring to his kid that is now an assistant.

tou compared Brad calipari who played in a Kentucky basketball uniform to a guy that was never was On the auburn roster

Good lord. He never played at all at auburn. Has never on the team at auburn. Was never a member of the roster. Some of you need to do some research before talking out of your ass

Practice what you preach, clown. You started this thread with the incorrect speculation that Cal messed up w/Juzang. He left to be back home, near his family.

ADVERTISEMENT