ADVERTISEMENT

John Beilein called Cavs players “thugs”

I imagine the NBA would be out of the picture. He turns 67 next month, so no major programs would want him as a HC. Hard to imagine him coaching longer than 5-6 years. But maybe a struggling team like St.Joseph's or George Washington. Could also see him taking a role as an assistant coach, possibly at Butler; Lavall Jordan was one of his assistants at UM.

You don’t think any P5 programs would fake Beilein because of his age? I disagree.

But it’s moot because this is probably Beilein’s last stop.

You don’t think any P5 programs would fake Beilein because of his age? I disagree.

He’s not gonna get canned. Maybe a year or two if there’s no progression with the Cavs. However, that’s not his fault. The Cavs organization is utterly terrible.

I wouldn't say any. But probably not any prominent programs. I think schools like Boston College, Northwestern, and Washington State would take him. Maybe a struggling team from the Big East. Just don't think an administration would want to invest in a guy that is approaching 70. You know you're going to have to go back through the hiring process once again in a few years.

It's sensible for most programs to look for a long-term hire. We've had a couple examples of aging coaches that were hired in football with Bill Snyder and Mack Brown. But, both of those guys were returning to schools they previously coached. Can't think of any being hired at a P5 program in recent memory that were nearing 70 years in age.

Reactions: xWVU2010x
I wouldn't say any. But probably not any prominent programs. I think schools like Boston College, Northwestern, and Washington State would take him. Maybe a struggling team from the Big East. Just don't think an administration would want to invest in a guy that is approaching 70. You know you're going to have to go back through the hiring process once again in a few years.

It's sensible for most programs to look for a long-term hire. We've had a couple examples of aging coaches that were hired in football with Bill Snyder and Mack Brown. But, both of those guys were returning to schools they previously coached. Can't think of any being hired at a P5 program in recent memory that were nearing 70 years in age.

Okay I misread your post I thought you meant no P5 teams would. I think a team needing a culture change that isn’t needing a home run hire would be happy to have Beilein for a few years.

But I doubt it happens. He left college for a reason

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT