ADVERTISEMENT

John Beilein called Cavs players “thugs”

Per Woj, Bellein met with team today with an emotional apology to the players before shoot around in Detroit. Cavs GM traveled to Detroit to speak individually to Bellein and the players to get a sense on how they viewed the verbiage in yesterday’s film session. Also, to see how accepting they were of today’s apology.

Reactions: Quavarius
When you close your eyes and hear the word “thug” what’s the first image that comes to mind?
I think of my black....

Cat

Untitled.png

Oh no, let’s get offended. If they can this guy, I will never watch the NBA again. And I hardly ever watch now.

Official transcript of Beilein's thoughts after the backlash:

[Wait, I can't say that here?!? Used to say that all the fuggin’ time. Quickly...think. THINK. SLUG! That’s it! Haha....I got this.]

So do we have odds on where Beilein goes after he's fired this summer?

I mean, Q implying racist stuff is less surprising than Platek bricking wide open threes. These are things we all know.

Reactions: 829305
“We’re not against rap. We’re not against rappers....but we are against those thugs”

— John beilein

Reactions: UL_1986
You guys are definitely the best experts on that. Perfect example really. You sure you really want to go there?

Sure. I don’t think the ELPD covers for MSU and I think the media in Michigan is skewed to UM.

I realize these are hot takes to UM fanboi but it’s reality.

Reactions: Sparty_0n
If Beilein gets canned tomorrow who are the potential suitors?

I imagine the NBA would be out of the picture. He turns 67 next month, so no major programs would want him as a HC. Hard to imagine him coaching longer than 5-6 years. But maybe a struggling team like St.Joseph's or George Washington. Could also see him taking a role as an assistant coach, possibly at Butler; Lavall Jordan was one of his assistants at UM.

I don't normally visit homeboards, but I briefly checked out UNC's last night and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

RR would be like

F1PK.gif

I seldom go to THR. I'm not a huge fan of homeboards. I post on two private boards about UNC and visit IC just for their content.

I imagine the NBA would be out of the picture. He turns 67 next month, so no major programs would want him as a HC. Hard to imagine him coaching longer than 5-6 years. But maybe a struggling team like St.Joseph's or George Washington. Could also see him taking a role as an assistant coach, possibly at Butler; Lavall Jordan was one of his assistants at UM.

We were having this debate on the WVU board, this was my take but others thought a program like IU would take him for 3 years, I just don’t see it, too old.

Reactions: dukedevilz
We were having this debate on the WVU board, this was my take but others thought a program like IU would take him for 3 years, I just don’t see it, too old.

Haha no way. Absolutely no way. I could see a program from the Atlantic 10 or AAC going after him (or any conference lower than that). I just don't see any respectable power school going after a man that is almost 70 years.

Reactions: xWVU2010x
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT