ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Palm’s latest bracket

I don't know about a cakewalk for UK. Cuse'S length would probably frustrate the Cats quite a bit.

But I would take a Sweet 16 rematch with Gonzaga right now if offered.

Iowa as a 5 seed seems a bit high. #30 in the Net Rankings, #28 in KenPom, 4-6 in Quad 1 Games. Lunardi has them as a 7 seed, which seems about right.

Michigan State deserves a 1 if they win the BIG. Most Q1 wins.

This is obviously today’s guess, but UNC could also move up to a 1 if they beat Duke again and win or come close in the ACCT.

Uk losing @ UT could open up the 1 line for MSU/UNC.

If we take care of business these next 2 games like we should, and win an ACCT game, we probably jump up to a 6, sitting at 21-12. Losses @ UVA and whoever in the 2nd rd of the ACCT.

A lot of things on the line in these last 3-4 games

Michigan State deserves a 1 if they win the BIG. Most Q1 wins.

This is obviously today’s guess, but UNC could also move up to a 1 if they beat Duke again and win or come close in the ACCT.

Uk losing @ UT could open up the 1 line for MSU/UNC.

If we take care of business these next 2 games like we should, and win an ACCT game, we probably jump up to a 6, sitting at 21-12. Losses @ UVA and whoever in the 2nd rd of the ACCT.

A lot of things on the line in these last 3-4 games

....Hope springs eternal....Laughing

How much bitching and moaning would there be on the home board if you meant Maryland in the sweet 16 in DC?
Don't know how much bitching there would be. Guess no worse than playing the cocks in S.C. a couple of years ago. End of the day, you're supposed to win those games regardless of where they're played.

Would be fun shit talking with you though. Been a few years.

Reactions: bMORE607
Midwest has toughest 2 and 3 seed. East seems like the toughest region overall.

Come on, man. They're not as strong as usual, but they've won 14 vs the projected field. Many of those without Azubuike.
A Sweet Sixteen appearance isn't bad. Obviously I want more than that but I think a lot of us fans would be able to look back at this season and say we were pleased with a Sweet 16 appearance. I mean Self has had 5 teams at Kansas not make it that far and a lot of people would agree this is one of his weakest teams due to them being down 3 players.

I think we match up well against you guys but I'd rather not see you in the second round. You guys have proven you can knock off elite teams
It depends which team shows up. We can beat anyone and apparently lose to anyone also (Pitt)

Reactions: JimboBBN
Palm is a fellow Purdue alum but I am consistently surprised by how that man has the job he has. He's annually among the least accurate bracket prognosticators and CBS still employs him. Hell, he's actually worse than Lunardi.

http://bracketmatrix.com/rankings.html

Not particularly high on on any of those teams outside UNC and every 2 seed is good.
Syracuse is a nightmare for second round game, KSU is about to win the BIG12 with a veteran roster, Houston is better than most people realize, then of course there is UNC, who is in line for a 1 seed and might be the hottest team in the country right now.

I agree, it's not the toughest region, but it's no cakewalk.

ADVERTISEMENT