ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Capel to Pitt

bignish

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2016
Team
Duke
Good luck in Pitt coach!

Who will Coach K's successor be at Duke? I personally think K hangs it up after next year but I'm curious to see what you're all hearing. I hope the search extends "beyond the family".

I just started a thread. Not sure K hangs it up. Remember he said he didn't have surgery last summer to retire.

Reactions: pisgah101
If K was hanging it up after next season, Capel wouldn't be going to Pitt.
It's not going to be Capel coaching Duke; the timeline wouldn't make sense. From insiders on forums to previous Duke basketball managers, the prevailing sentiment has always been that it would be shocking if Coach K coached beyond the 2019-2020 season.

Capel would have to coach what 4-5 years at Pitt minimum and show some success there before transitioning to be the Duke HC? Seems awfully unlikely that Coach K is planning to stay till 2025. I just don't see it.

Really interested in seeing who takes his spot on the staff. Jay Williams maybe?

She is pretty hot.Not Tyler Hansbrough mom hot, but still pretty hot.

Wanna a pic?

Seriously though, Duke just dropped in recruiting. 24/7 ranks Capel as the best recruiter.
The OAD era is ending man and Coach K knows that. Duke will always pull in good recruits and hopefully we can build some continuity in our program and have solid players stay till their junior/senior years.

I think odds are greater right now of one and done turning into two and done than going back to right out of HS.

The OAD era is ending man and Coach K knows that. Duke will always pull in good recruits and hopefully we can build some continuity in our program and have solid players stay till their junior/senior years.
2ahsmc1.jpg

Rumors of Zion Williamson opening up his recruitment. Anyone hear this?

You get that info from the boys at RR who probably have started 50 threads already about how they’ll out recruit Duke now?

Reactions: tw3301
I can see it now: Capel gets Pitt off the ground, returns to Duke when K retires; UK fans so pissed Cal loses cruits to Pitt he returns home to take over for Capel

Looks like k is sticking around more the thought. Also means the one and done which is likely going to end in 2020. So duke shouldn’t take a hit in recruiting being that the kids they want in 18/19 are done already. Could be scary coach k getting multi year guys

Reactions: Quavarius
I can see it now: Capel gets Pitt off the ground, returns to Duke when K retires; UK fans so pissed Cal loses cruits to Pitt he returns home to take over for Capel
You think about UK a lot. Some make fun of UK fans infatuated with Duke, but you are the exact same.

No offense, I like it.

I get it, it's all in jest. amirite, but rent free is rent free. Laughing

Reactions: Dablueman
You think about UK a lot. Some make fun of UK fans infatuated with Duke, but you are the exact same.

No offense, I like it.

I get it, it's all in jest. amirite, but rent free is rent free. Laughing

I was just playing off the previous post.

UK fans are infatuated with Duke/K. I bet there are like 10-20 posts regarding Duke in the first two pages. I don't start that many threads about UK compared to UK fans and Duke.

I was just playing off the previous post.

UK fans are infatuated with Duke/K. I bet there are like 10-20 posts regarding Duke in the first two pages. I don't start that many threads about UK compared to UK fans and Duke.
OK, but you have to admit, you talk about UK more than any other Duke poster. And also hang on to post some UK fans said years ago.

Don't get me wrong. Someone has to.

With that said, I"m already tired of pointing out ironies.

Is Capel really someone that would be in line to take over at Duke when K retires?

OK, but you have to admit, you talk about UK more than any other Duke poster. And also hang on to post some UK fans said years ago.

Don't get me wrong. Someone has to.

With that said, I"m already tired of pointing out ironies.

It's just entertainment! Thought you liked entertainment?

ADVERTISEMENT