ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Capel to Pitt

Not a bad move, following Kevin Stallings, even the most mediocre seasons will look like a godsend.

I’m really interested in seeing the replacement. Imagining Scheyer by himself in living rooms of top recruits is pretty great. Will we see more floor slappers as a result?

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Not a bad move, following Kevin Stallings, even the most mediocre seasons will look like a godsend.

I’m really interested in seeing the replacement. Imagining Scheyer by himself in living rooms of top recruits is pretty great. Will we see more floor slappers as a result?
Scheyer is actually a pretty good recruiter. Would imagine Nolan Smith moves down the bench, will need to bring in a big man coach... Would love for Boozer to come in but that's probably a very long shot.

Reactions: Hank_ and Quavarius
Scheyer is actually a pretty good recruiter. Would imagine Nolan Smith moves down the bench, will need to bring in a big man coach... Would love for Boozer to come in but that's probably a very long shot.

I was thinking Brand

Reactions: tw3301
Yeah, have only heard glowing reviews as Jon as a coach. Guy is REALLY cerebral but also has a big clanging set. Hoping he doesn't go with Jeff.

Yeah, have only heard glowing reviews as Jon as a coach. Guy is REALLY cerebral but also has a big clanging set. Hoping he doesn't go with Jeff.
That would shock the hell out of me.

I see some people as polishing this because they think OAD is coming to an end. Adam Silver has mentioned it, but it's not really his call to make. By saying Capel leaving, is ok due to OAD"s ending, a way of lessening the blow to their recruiting? Did he only recruit OAD's?

Capel is Duke's recruiting. They weren't getting #1 classes regularly before him.

dwswmb.png

It just seems lazy to say, fine we lost our best recruiter, but no big deal due to something that might not happen

Last edited:
He was their lead recruiter for RJ Hampton so I'm really loving KU's chances now. Hopefully Pitt is ready for some mediocre basketball!

I’d be really surprised if they brought someone in over Smith for the open spot. That’s said with zero inside info, obviously.

The fact Scheyer and Smith aren't still making money overseas shows how lucky 2010 Duke was to avoid the top dogs to win the 2010 title.

Looks like Collins just became the next Duke coach.

From everything I’ve heard, K had been preparing Capel for the job. This is quite shocking.

The fact Scheyer and Smith aren't still making money overseas shows how lucky 2010 Duke was to avoid the top dogs to win the 2010 title.

Uhh... you realize that Jon had his eye poked out of the socket and is like half blind, right?

We were the top dogs in 2010. You know how I know? Because we beat everyone. Other people lost to crappy teams.

I’d be really surprised if they brought someone in over Smith for the open spot. That’s said with zero inside info, obviously.

Nolan's ability to connect with others is legendary. Guy might be the most-loved Duke player among other players in history.

Uhh... you realize that Jon had his eye poked out of the socket and is like half blind, right?

We were the top dogs in 2010. You know how I know? Because we beat everyone. Other people lost to crappy teams.

No, you would have gotten rammed by KU,UK and Cuse . You barely beat Butler and no one of significance is in the NBA from that team. Mostly luck.

Capel is a really good recruiter for sure. I don't think he has shown much coaching wise but he has his chance now. Good for him.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
No, you would have gotten rammed by KU,UK and Cuse . You barely beat Butler and no one of significance is in the NBA from that team. Mostly luck.

Woof, if the best you understand basketball is by how many NBA guys are on a team (won’t even get into Gordon Haywood and Brad Stevens...) then you don’t get basketball.

Too bad KU lost to this guy.

aliwatn16s-1-web.jpg

Ali Farokhmanesh says hi Jayhawk fans.

Reactions: ThePhog08
Just seeing this thread, busy day.

Home run hire, probably the best we could’ve gotten outside of Miller. Heard that he wanted the job in 2016 but our old AD wanted to throw the life vest out to his buddy Stallings :mad: he’s a huge Steelers fan, too. Add a 7 year contract into it and he may be here a while.

What I find hilarious is that since all of our players got their scholarship releases, he can choose who he wants back and fill in the rest with legit, bag man talent. Better days are ahead. Can’t wait to watch Pitt basketball again. Hail to Pitt! :cool:

Just seeing this thread, busy day.

Home run hire, probably the best we could’ve gotten outside of Miller. Heard that he wanted the job in 2016 but our old AD wanted to throw the life vest out to his buddy Stallings :mad: he’s a huge Steelers fan, too. Add a 7 year contract into it and he may be here a while.

What I find hilarious is that since all of our players got their scholarship releases, he can choose who he wants back and fill in the rest with legit, bag man talent. Better days are ahead. Can’t wait to watch Pitt basketball again. Hail to Pitt! :cool:

Look, I understand that Pitt is the laughingstock of major college b-ball right now and your options were limited, but this is very far from a home run hire. He did ok at VCU but ran OU straight into the ground, not to mention he was cheating only to suck that bad. I wouldn’t be shocked if he never wins a tournament game and is fired before the end of his contract.

I can understand the Pitt fanbase being hyped but as a UNC fan I’m not worried. Can that change in the future? Hell yeah but right now I’m looking at Keatts at NC State, I think he’s gonna have success there.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Look, I understand that Pitt is the laughingstock of major college b-ball right now and your options were limited, but this is very far from a home run hire. He did ok at VCU but ran OU straight into the ground, not to mention he was cheating only to suck that bad. I wouldn’t be shocked if he never wins a tournament game and is fired before the end of his contract.
Nice attempt at trolling. This is a homerun hire for US. I’d take Capel over Miller given his circumstances. He helped lay the foundation at VCU, along with Anthony Grant, for the successful run they had and did a good job at Oklahoma. Took them to the Elite Eight within a few years. Was never implicated on ANY recruiting infractions and struggled in the end due to the majority of his team leaving. To predict his tenure already is laughable.

Again, you are either trying to troll or have an agenda. As for us, we’re very excited to see what happens next at Pitt :)

Reactions: tw3301
I can understand the Pitt fanbase being hyped but as a UNC fan I’m not worried. Can that change in the future? Hell yeah but right now I’m looking at Keatts at NC State, I think he’s gonna have success there.
I don’t have any problem with this. Why would UNC be worried? There’s only a few programs that would worry yins guys ;)

I agree that Keatts will be successful. I wanted him in our last hire but I think everything worked out best for everyone. The ACC is stronger as a whole now because of these two hires. Now it’s time to see some results!

Reactions: AWilli6995
Nice attempt at trolling. This is a homerun hire for US. I’d take Capel over Miller given his circumstances. He helped lay the foundation at VCU, along with Anthony Grant, for the successful run they had and did a good job at Oklahoma. Took them to the Elite Eight within a few years. Was never implicated on ANY recruiting infractions and struggled in the end due to the majority of his team leaving. To predict his tenure already is laughable.

Again, you are either trying to troll or have an agenda. As for us, we’re very excited to see what happens next at Pitt :)

lol what possible agenda could anyone have against Pitt??

I get you guys being excited, because there’s no where to go but up. But Capel is not a good coach. Between his last two years at OU, and stallings last two years at Pitt, guess who had the best season out of those four? (Hint: it wasn’t capel).

Reactions: Matt Laurer
I think this is a pretty solid hire. I'd only call it a home run in as much that I don't think Pitt could have done much better given the current state of their program. I've never been overly impressed with his actual X's and O's, but he'll definitely upgrade the talent there.

lol what possible agenda could anyone have against Pitt??

I get you guys being excited, because there’s no where to go but up. But Capel is not a good coach. Between his last two years at OU, and stallings last two years at Pitt, guess who had the best season out of those four? (Hint: it wasn’t capel).
I think your agenda or whatever is with Capel, not Pitt. UNC fan right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT