ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Williams

C*A*T*S

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2009
Nice (or failed) troll job riding a race horse in Rupp but choosing Kansas to win...

Eyeroll

Douche move. Also douchey of Bilas to walk the court with a KU player at Rupp. Very few in attendance care about KU players. By very few, probably like 3 people.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Jesus, talk about thin skinned. He can pick whomever he thinks will win... I would think giving a nod to Kentucky's passion for horses is a NICE thing.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Jay does this shit sometimes and it just makes me cringe. He predicted UNC to win while gameday was at Cameron and wore a UNC jersey then had some secret service douchey skit setup where they were secretly Duke fans... It's lame AF and I'm not a fan but I wouldn't get upset about it, that seems a little pathetic.

Williams is sort of an idiot but I think he at times is contrarian just because someone needs to be. They try to be sort of outlandish at times with that stuff. I assume it was a production deal more than a Jay Williams deal.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Eh, I didn't think much of it. Jay just tried to go against the grain on his pick and the horse bit was just for entertainment purposes.

I like Jay Will and him picking KU was nothing more than just a gut feeling. I didn't feel like he was taking a shot at UK or the BBN.

I feel a little different about Bilas' 94' walk with a KU player though. I don't get that, but again, that is so lame to get upset about.

Eh, I didn't think much of it. Jay just tried to go against the grain on his pick and the horse bit was just for entertainment purposes.

I like Jay Will and him picking KU was nothing more than just a gut feeling. I didn't feel like he was taking a shot at UK or the BBN.

I feel a little different about Bilas' 94' walk with a KU player though. I don't get that, but again, that is so lame to get upset about.

He doesn't always do a walk with the home team guy. It might be something as simple as "We've done 94 feet X number of times with UK players, but only Y number of times with KU players," or maybe they know what they've planned for the rest of the year and know they will get the UK guys they want to get at later games?

Nice (or failed) troll job riding a race horse in Rupp but choosing Kansas to win...

Eyeroll
I have no problems with Jay hating the Cats. It is similar to Dukie Vitale and some of the others. They have to fill in gaps and make predictions.

If I had to do the job he does there is not telling what the Duke fans would say about me. SmokinSmile

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Jesus, talk about thin skinned. He can pick whomever he thinks will win... I would think giving a nod to Kentucky's passion for horses is a NICE thing.
So, if he rides in on the shoulders of the devil, at Duke, and picks the opponent, that's cool with you devils?

So, if he rides in on the shoulders of the devil, at Duke, and picks the opponent, that's cool with you devils?

Sure. Him riding in on something as part of the "show" is completely separate from his pick for who would win the game. It's also different for us, since he is a Duke grad.

Sure. Him riding in on something as part of the "show" is completely separate from his pick for who would win the game. It's also different for us, since he is a Duke grad.
So, it wouldn't matter that he picks the opponent?

So, it wouldn't matter that he picks the opponent?

No; he often does.

Again, tho, it's REALLY not an analogous situation... he went to Duke, so he is always going to get more slack from us.

That said... If a UK grad announcer came in riding a Devil and then picked against us, I still wouldn't care at all.

As you get older, the petty crap bothers me in the least.
Props to B10 and Big E for getting Clark Kellogg Gus Johnson and the likes.

I have no problems with Jay hating the Cats. It is similar to Dukie Vitale and some of the others. They have to fill in gaps and make predictions.

If I had to do the job he does there is not telling what the Duke fans would say about me. SmokinSmile

IDC who he picks, just thought it was a clown show.

I couldn't care less, but if he knows he's going to pick KU, does he have to get on the horse to do it?

Did he have a choice, as in if the horse was already there and he's already decided on KU?

It's something to talk about Monday morning, but I think it's a non issue.

If Jay's pick had any weight, or he was reffing the game, then I'ld be pissed lol. It was a good game day, great atmosphere for a blue blood match up.

Cal and Self were both enjoying the atmosphere and the competition before tip off.

A horse is a horse of course of course
And no one can talk to a horse of course.

That horse would've said Go big Blue. It didn't seem it liked Jay riding it. Now after Jay showed who he thought would win, send Hagans out in Cowboy Villain attire and steal the horse from Jay.... Hokey but would've been funny..

I couldn't care less, but if he knows he's going to pick KU, does he have to get on the horse to do it?

Did he have a choice, as in if the horse was already there and he's already decided on KU?

It's something to talk about Monday morning, but I think it's a non issue.

I'm sure the horse was set up long before anyone knew who was picking what team.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
All's well that ends well.

YrCMs.gif

ADVERTISEMENT