ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Williams getting roasted

IMG-8878.jpg

Should we make a list of players who clearly weren’t great college basketball players according to Jay?

I’ll start with Larry Bird.
Jay can say whatever he wants I suppose, but the discussion is about an individual player and an individual player can't win it all by themselves considering there is 4 other players on the floor at all times.

Stupid take. Basketball is a team sport that takes 5-10 solid players to wins championships. There have been plenty of great players on trash teams that never won shit. Look at it this way, if she wasn't on the team Iowa would be garbage, not ranked #4 in the country.

Yeah, and the thing about her is her percentages are actually pretty good. I don't watch women's basketball but seeing her launch these 30 footers on Twitter I figured she was shooting around the 30% level or so but that isn't the case. I don't see how anyone could not say she is great.

Yeah, and the thing about her is her percentages are actually pretty good. I don't watch women's basketball but seeing her launch these 30 footers on Twitter I figured she was shooting around the 30% level or so but that isn't the case. I don't see how anyone could not say she is great.
She’s also 6th all time in assists so she’s not just a gunner. That’s wild.

I'm amazed at how J Will keeps getting really good media jobs and I get the feeling he's very surprised too.

He always appears to be way over his head every time I see him on a panel of analysts, such as college gameday. He tries hard, but he doesn't do his homework and he needs to.

this one has me torn. Not sure what I hate more, Jay Williams or women's basketball.
Believe me, I had to take a shower after defending women's basketball. But his comment was so egregiously dumb, I just had to say something.

Jay, who joined an already loaded Duke squad, fresh off a title game run...
sHe cAn'T bE gReAt bC, nO TiTLeS
You do realize that when Jay Williams got to Duke, they lost 4 players to the draft. Elton Brand, William Avery, Trajan Langdon and Corey Maggette. They were hardly loaded but did have a few really good returning players, Chris Carrawell and Shane Battier. While great players, Jay Williams was 1 of 6 freshman.

• Haha
Reactions: KisteK
You do realize that when Jay Williams got to Duke, they lost 4 players to the draft. Elton Brand, William Avery, Trajan Langdon and Corey Maggette. They were hardly loaded but did have a few really good returning players, Chris Carrawell and Shane Battier. While great players, Jay Williams was 1 of 6 freshman.
dude STFU, they had 2 guys who were top 3 picks, another guy who was a top 6 pick and then another guy who was a 2nd rounder but ended up being a 2 time all star and all NBA player.

Any team with 3 lottery picks and another guy who was a future all NBA player is loaded, doesn't matter how old they are.

Who is roasting him? I just watched a 50 second video of nobody but him speaking.

The Duke suckage knows no bounds..

Venture away from Rivals and you might find some logic being thrown right back at the mouthpiece.

Williams, played with three other NBA ballers..
Clark played with a woman who, once drafted, couldn't secure a WNBA spot..

One signed with a team who had (over?) a half dozen F4s in the previous decade, fresh off a title game run; the other signed with a team who'd just make their first Final Four in decadeSS, and was losing their star player.

Laughing at the dweebs who just cAnNoT see the difference of
Joining Duke in the earliest of 2000s
vs joining, lol, Iowa women's hoops in 2019..

Iowa WBB 2019-2020 recruits
4 players, 1x top ESPN 100 recruits

Duke MBB 1999-2000 recruits
4x top 30 high school recruits

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
She is a generational talent and hard to imagine better at the college level.

I am not sure how the whiney flopping act will play in the WNBA if the coaches are not able to get her to knock it off.

Hate to break it to you, but you responded to yourself and asked me a question. Stalker.
I post about wanting the IU Ky series to come back you attack. I post about C Clark you jump in.

I can go back further but no need. You have followed me here since day one Ace.

Nice try

ADVERTISEMENT