ADVERTISEMENT

ITT we laugh at della and UT

Been an awfully long time since your last post, bitch.
Sorry to disappoint. With another one of Cals's colossal disappointments, there hasn't been much to say. I gave it my best shot to remain patient, supportive and even optimistic towards Cal and him being in charge of the basketball program I've loved for about 45 years, but just can't do it anymore. A change is desperately needed.
On top of that, you incredible prick, I've been spending a lot of time at the hospital visiting my dad who is most likely headed to hospice care today. You happy now?

Sorry to disappoint. With another one of Cals's colossal disappointments, there hasn't been much to say. I gave it my best shot to remain patient, supportive and even optimistic towards Cal and him being in charge of the basketball program I've loved for about 45 years, but just can't do it anymore. A change is desperately needed.
On top of that, you incredible prick, I've been spending a lot of time at the hospital visiting my dad who is most likely headed to hospice care today. You happy now?
In regard to UK, it is usually darkest before the dawn. I'm saddened to read about your dad. I lost my dad and it was a shock, strong as a bull one day and gone the next. Be comforted in the fact that you get to spend time with him. Losing your parents is rough, Prayers for your family as y'all go through it.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Oh man, sorry to hear about your dad.
I've been through the hospice stuff with several family members, it's both awful and amazing at the same time. I'm glad there is that option and that there are people that willingly do that job, but it's incredibly tough when everyone knows why he, or she is there.

On the Cal thing, I know you have been hanging on, glad to see you are coming to the other side. He's destroying the program. I hope the Cal era ends today.

Again, sorry to hear about your dad.

Oh man, sorry to hear about your dad.
I've been through the hospice stuff with several family members, it's both awful and amazing at the same time. I'm glad there is that option and that there are people that willingly do that job, but it's incredibly tough when everyone knows why he, or she is there.

On the Cal thing, I know you have been hanging on, glad to see you are coming to the other side. He's destroying the program. I hope the Cal era ends today.

Again, sorry to hear about your dad.
Thanks, man. My parents' 60th anniversary was Feb 29th. He promised mom for months that he would make it to that day, but couldn't promise anything after that. It's like he knew. The Dr. has put a 3-month period on his time remaining.

Cal.... man, I really hung on to the hope that he'd get back to the 09' to '19 version of himself. It just ain't happening.

In regard to UK, it is usually darkest before the dawn. I'm saddened to read about your dad. I lost my dad and it was a shock, strong as a bull one day and gone the next. Be comforted in the fact that you get to spend time with him. Losing your parents is rough, Prayers for your family as y'all go through it.
Thanks Della. Just kinda trying to keep myself distracted however I can.

Reactions: della
Thanks Della. Just kinda trying to keep myself distracted however I can.
Death makes a heartache that no one can heal, but love leaves a memory that no one can steal.

Thanks, man. My parents' 60th anniversary was Feb 29th. He promised mom for months that he would make it to that day, but couldn't promise anything after that. It's like he knew. The Dr. has put a 3-month period on his time remaining.

Cal.... man, I really hung on to the hope that he'd get back to the 09' to '19 version of himself. It just ain't happening.
I have a feeling I'll be going through this soon with my dad as well, he seems to be going south rapidly.

Cal has turned into an out of control narcissistic antagonist that is more interested in trying to prove everyone wrong instead of just doing whats best for UK.

Even if we got the 2009 version of Cal, it wouldn't work in today's game. Too much parity, too much physicality, too many analytics and there just isn’t enough time in a single season to get freshmen ready to compete in a one-and-done tournament. They just don’t have the discipline and training to beat well coached veteran teams.

And honestly, Cal just isn't a good coach and extreme talent is nowhere near enough to cover up all the flaws.

Kevin Keats had 1 day to prepare for Oakland, Cal had a week and Cal had a massive talent advantage.

It's time.

Plenty of them....I grew up spending more time with him (hunting and fishing, watching sports), than anyone.
You were blessed JC. Your dad made you the man you are today and not just by blood. His fingerprints are all over your spirit. Not only do you carry the love, values, and knowledge with you until your time to go, you pass those along to your children and they to theirs. Though your dad will pass, the things that made him who is was still exist in those who he touched and so forth through the generations. In a sense, it is a form of immortality.

Reactions: JC for 3
Sorry to hear about your father. Not much else to say but life > college basketball fandom.

So sorry to hear this, sending prayers your way.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
ADVERTISEMENT