ADVERTISEMENT

Is this a foul?

That charge call was pathetic and I said it was in real time. Defender wasn't set and was already falling down before contact.

And then reversing that out of bounds call at the end was also a pathetic thing to do (while missing an obvious hack). I would be sour of I were a Tech fan.

Oh well. Still had ball last possession, tied, and Culver jacks a 3.

And then with a second to go you had time for a catch and shoot...and the best look was a Culver long deuce fade away that was easily defended.

Need to get better shots off.

Twitter blew up last night over the 3 pointer by TT. Many idiots thought it was same as the Auburn foul. It wasn't close.
These are the 3 calls everyone is upset about. In my opinion, in real time, the refs calls were correct. Let the refs call the game as they see it, quit going to Super Slow Mo to stir a controversy. In real time, it's bam bam.

Twitter blew up last night over the 3 pointer by TT. Many idiots thought it was same as the Auburn foul. It wasn't close.
These are the 3 calls everyone is upset about. In my opinion, in real time, the refs calls were correct. Let the refs call the game as they see it, quit going to Super Slow Mo to stir a controversy. In real time, it's bam bam.

Yea idc. The only one that looked bad was Guy tripping over Diakite, but that’s not what lost TT the game.

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
Gotta love twitter. Hey lets slow mo a play to watch it over and over and judge a ref on the call he had to make in real time.

Reactions: boilerzz
The charge may be a charge. It was close. I can't blame the ref for that call.

However, the refs were very favorable to UVA imo and I'd be a bit upset if I were a TT fan.

One thing that particularly bothered me about the game though was UVA was pushing off and lowering their shoulders all game long, and Tech never got the call. Maybe they should have sold it by flopping..

Good game though. For the most part it wasn't called that poorly.

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
The charge may be a charge. It was close. I can't blame the ref for that call.

However, the refs were very favorable to UVA imo and I'd be a bit upset if I were a TT fan.

One thing that particularly bothered me about the game though was UVA was pushing off and lowering their shoulders all game long, and Tech never got the call. Maybe they should have sold it by flopping..

Good game though. For the most part it wasn't called that poorly.

I’d be more upset at Culver going 5-22 and 0-6 from deep.

Hunter pretty much shut him down. Culver got most of his baskets against Jerome. Hunter played one of the best two way games in a championship that I can remember.

Any GM drafting Culver over Hunter should be fired after last night

Reactions: jhmossy
I don't like charges in general. Seems like the defender can still be sliding into position after the offensive player launches. Drives me batty how the defender always seems to get the benefit of the doubt. If it's a questionable call, give the edge to the offense. Would rather see Culver get the call there, IMO.

But let's be honest, both of these teams are physical. Thank goodness the refs weren't calling it like they did two years ago where the whistle blew every 37 seconds. I would rather a few touch-fouls be ignored than to have the flow disrupted every other possession. And FWIW, the foul totals were 18 for Tech, and 15 for UVA. Tech had 3 late-game desperate fouls, in an attempt to stretch out the game. So yeah, foul disparity certainly wasn't the issue.

No real issues on the officiating other than the OOB overturn in OT.

But, I’ll die on this hill.

Sliding under an airborne player in an attempt to take a charge should be a F1. If it’s close, advantage offense, F1.

Get that play all the way TF out of the game. Wall up, take the foul, or get out of the way.

Thank goodness the refs weren't calling it like they did two years ago where the whistle blew every 37 seconds.
I would give a left nut to have these whistles in the SEC. Williams for Tenn shot 23 free throws in 1 game, more than the opponents team.
I didn't watch it, just did a follow up on Twitter late last night, outside of a few calls, most are happy with the refs through out the tournament

I’m glad UVA won but I’ve been sick of refs for years. They should be held to higher standards just like the NBA does. Too many wannabe TV Teds running around trying to get attention.

I would give a left nut to have these whistles in the SEC. Williams for Tenn shot 23 free throws in 1 game, more than the opponents team.
I didn't watch it, just did a follow up on Twitter late last night, outside of a few calls, most are happy with the refs through out the tournament

Eh. I remember that game against Vanderbilt. Crazy game... For the most part, officials in the tournament have been really generous with allowing teams to be physical. Seems like a quite a few games neither side was in the bonus near the end of the half or game. I much prefer this style of officiating. Makes the games much, much more entertaining.

I thought the charge call was terrible in real time and slow motion. I also thought it was embarrassing for the NCAA that their official in the booth agreed with the call. Overall, they let both teams play though and UVA won. There really shouldn't be any huge controversy or anything.

I wish they would get rid of the charge as a call. If the defender is there and set and gets run over just play on without a block but don't call a charge....or keep the rule the same in terms of jumping and verticality but say the defender has to jump or it is always a block.

ADVERTISEMENT