ADVERTISEMENT

Wake Forest is getting dominated by a HORRIBLE Nd team:

Show me one that says the ACC is stronger. I certainly haven't seen anyone say that. It’s common knowledge that the ACC is down and really, it just takes a little common sense. Most of that league is not good.

At least half the SEC isn't good either. No one's saying the ACC is awesome. I'm saying there's no reason to think the SEC's on a completely different level. Pure homerism.

Well, Louisville is rated at 191, Missouri is 145. That’s quite a difference and that’s factoring in that Missouri is 0-15 in SEC.league play. Both teams are 8-20, but Missouri, who is clearly better, is 46 spots higher. Find me something that tells me different. You can't.

Like there's a big ****ing difference between teams in the 150-200 range. 🤣

I remember when you and others told me that 2020 Kentucky (#29 on Kenpom) was a big threat to win it all. This year, Houston is almost 12 efficiency points higher than Kentucky on Kenpom. So, according to Kenpom, there's a bigger gap between Houston and Kentucky than between 2012 Kentucky and Vanderbilt. Or 2015 Kentucky and Utah. Do you buy that?

When it comes to metrics, perception doesn’t matter.

Like I've said several times, if you're throwing out early season games, you have to throw full season metrics out the window too.

Why are you acting like the metrics prove your point anyway? Kenpom has 4 SEC teams in the top 25 and 4 ACC teams in the top 25. Two ACC teams in the top 10 and three from the SEC. And half the SEC is below 70. That says "obviously way better conference" to you?

So what's the point you're trying to make? Every league has suffered bad, bad upsets and since it's basketball and any team could go on a heater and beat a team that is way better, this conversation really makes no sense.

Cool, just look at the numbers. There are 6 SEC teams in the top 30. There are 6 BIG12 teams in the top 30. There are 4 ACC teams in the top 30 and there are 4 BIG10 teams in the top 30. One of those BIG10 teams (Michigan state) totally gamed the system, so they shouldn't be there. In my opinion, there are only 3 BIG10 teams that are worth a shit.
Any of those teans can go on a run, anyone outside that, well, not so much.
The numbers don't lie.

Huh? There you go twisting words again. All I'm saying is the ACC is down again this year and the SEC is better. The BIG10 is down too, but guess what… it changes every year. The ACC might be the best conference next year and the BIG12 could be the worst. Players are moving to different teams every year, so whatever I said about the BIG12 in the past, doesn't apply to this year.

But I'm not changing my narrative, I'm saying the exact same shit I have always said.

You change your narratives all the damn time and don't even realize it.

You're actually saying you'd draw no conclusions if an entire league outperforms expectations or flames out. Hilarious. I wish I cared enough to find some of your posts from past tourneys.

I'm sure if the SEC has 5 teams in the Elite 8 and three in the F4, while the Big 12’s gone after the first weekend, you'll draw no conclusions about either league. 🤣

Last edited:
LOL, yes, I choose facts that prove my argument… isn’t that how it works?

Serious question...do you actually not understand his point? No, cherrypicking isn’t how it’s supposed to work.

Last edited:
In this order:
Tennessee
Auburn
Florida
UK
Alabama
S. Carolina
Miss St

Some people would have Bama higher, but not me, they are very flawed away from home. Florida, South Carolina and Mississippi State are better than most want to believe. I think Florida is better than UK and it's simply because Todd Golden knows who his best players are and he plays them. Their guards are elite.

Todd Golden is a hell of a coach. I’m not pleased UF got a gift from UGA with White being taken off their hands and then replaced him with Golden. (But I suppose Texas A&M did us a huge solid with Jimbo, so maybe turnabout is fair play…)

That said, I can’t see UF as the 3rd best SEC team. They have some elite guards but just don’t seem to be quite at the ceiling of a team like UK.

Serious question...do you actually not understand his point? And no, cherrypicking while dismissing everything that doesn't fit your argument isn't how any mature argument works.
I'm tired, can you just call yourself a dumbass?

Thanks
Mgt

Todd Golden is a hell of a coach. I’m not pleased UF got a gift from UGA with White being taken off their hands and then replaced him with Golden. (But I suppose Texas A&M did us a huge solid with Jimbo, so maybe turnabout is fair play…)

That said, I can’t see UF as the 3rd best SEC team. They have some elite guards but just don’t seem to be quite at the ceiling of a team like UK.
I really like what I see out of Golden. If they have the ball and he calls a timeout, they're going to score.
If UK plays to their potential, they're better, but with Florida's veteran roster, I would take them in a 1 game scenario.

Yeah, aTm taking Jimbo was a RWALLT bad move. That was painful to watch.

Reactions: GE Nole
Small.b09c1dd9.screenshot_2021_09_09_at_15.30.51.f35535b7.png

Imagine Jeff had a good point
It’s easy if you try
Not a little whiny bitch
Never, ever cried

You may saaaay Jeff’s a homer
But he’s not the only one
I hope someday he’ll join us
And the board will be as one

Well, Pitt has 10 losses, S. Carolina has 4. Something tells me the metrics are flawed if usc is that low as they're beating damn good teams on the road.
Pitt lost to Missouri, Syracuse twice, Miami and Wake. That might explain why they are so low.
The metrics don't take into account wins and losses. They calculate net adjusted offensive and defensive efficiency per position weighted by SOS.

I'm not talking about whether Pitt has a tournament worthy resume. I'm saying on a neutral floor, this would be a PK game most likely or maybe S. Carolina would be favored by 1 or 2 points at most.

They aren't a "better" basketball team.

You were the one talking about lines and how UK would only be favored by 2 over one of your ACC teams. The only teams in that league that would be that close to UK on a neutral court, would be duke and unc, especially after the betting public got going.
Ihm telling you, with the injuries and youth, the metrics aren't getting a good eval on UK.
Maybe the public jumps all over UK and pushes the line out a few points but Clemson and Wake would not be 5+ point underdogs to UK on a neutral floor. The sharps would jump all over them.

LOL, UK has three 7 footers + Mitchell.
Who has an answer for UK's 4 guards? Who is going to check 7'2" Ivicic out at the 3 point line? Ihm sure it would be a good game, but it would take a lot more than Hall to beat UK.
Common opponents. UK smoked Bama and Miami, UK beat uNC and UK smoked Louisville. Somehow, Clemson lost to Miami and only beat Louisville by 6 at home. Not impressed.
Your 3 7 footers suck ass at defense. I'm sure Clemson would let Big Z shoot 3s all day long instead of letting Reed and Dilly burn them,

Bringing up common opponents makes no sense. Sure Clemson has had a few head scratching losses but so has Kentucky. Do you think Clemson is losing to UNCW, Texas A&M and LSU?

UK's guards are very hard to defend but luckily their perimeter defense allows nobodies to become Steph Curries and Dame Lillards. Some freshman dude on Mississippi State dropped like 30 on your butts on Tuesday.

If UK's shot isn't falling and they have only a 35% shooting night from deep, any good team in the tournament is going to bounce them out.

You guys don't have a 2nd option to win and a big man to throw it down to for reliable buckets or a senior guard who can get to the FT line to settle the team down.

Your 3 7 footers suck ass at defense. I'm sure Clemson would let Big Z shoot 3s all day long instead of letting Reed and Dilly burn them,

Bringing up common opponents makes no sense. Sure Clemson has had a few head scratching losses but so has Kentucky. Do you think Clemson is losing to UNCW, Texas A&M and LSU?

UK's guards are very hard to defend but luckily their perimeter defense allows nobodies to become Steph Curries and Dame Lillards. Some freshman dude on Mississippi State dropped like 30 on your butts on Tuesday.

If UK's shot isn't falling and they have only a 35% shooting night from deep, any good team in the tournament is going to bounce them out.

You guys don't have a 2nd option to win and a big man to throw it down to for reliable buckets or a senior guard who can get to the FT line to settle the team down.
Was Clemson missing any players in any of their games that they lost?

For reference, what would happen if Flip, Mitchell and Roach couldn't play? Would you win any games?

UK was mising Z, Ugo and DJ against Wilmington.

Had KU down 14 without a single 7 footer.

No, UK doesn't have a Karl Towns this year, but what they do have, is a spread offense that can score in the post through multiple ways. If you think UK has no post presence on offense, well, you're not paying attention.

Now, saying "if their shots don't fall, any good team can beat them" well no shit sherlock. That’s literally true for every team out there.

But here's the deal, that hasn't happened to UK and also, they aren't just relying on outside shooting. UK is scoring off the pick-n-roll, floppy sets, post play and straight up drives to the basket.

Yeah, dude from MSU went off on UK, but lets not act like the guy wasn't out of his mind. He was hitting 25 footers.

What you SHOULD be looking at, is the fact that a team with a top 10 defense, shot out of their minds, scored 89 points, and lost… ..think about that. UK scored 91 on the road, with everything being called a foul, in front of a white out crowd, without Mitchell, against a top 10 defense. And you're focusing on an elite shooter going off from 3 point range?

You know what's funny, you guys get all butthurt and call me a homer while you're being just as big of a homer, maybe a biger homer. I mean, you're trying to act like the ACC is better than the SEC. We're all homers to some extent, yes, you too.

Was Clemson missing any players in any of their games that they lost?

For reference, what would happen if Flip, Mitchell and Roach couldn't play? Would you win any games?

UK was mising Z, Ugo and DJ against Wilmington.
Come on Jeff, this is one of the most absurd things I've ever seen anyone post on here and that's saying a lot.

Are you comparing the importance of 3 of Duke's best 4 players to Big Z, Ugo and DJ Wagner? That's insane.

A more apt comparison would be comparing those 3 bigs to Ryan Young, Sean Stewart and Caleb Foster being out for Duke. In that case, we'd still win most of the games against weaker competition but they'd make a difference vs top end teams.

No, UK doesn't have a Karl Towns this year, but what they do have, is a spread offense that can score in the post through multiple ways. If you think UK has no post presence on offense, well, you're not paying attention.

You have a bunch of mobile, dirty work and dumpoffs bigs. They're scoring in the flow of the offense though which is run by your guards. You don't have a big man you can dump it down to make a reliable post move to get you a couple of buckets when things get tough.

That's going to cost you in the tournament when Reed and Dilly go cold or can't get space to operate.

Now, saying "if their shots don't fall, any good team can beat them" well no shit sherlock. That’s literally true for every team out there.
Its especially true of UK though. Other contenders have reliable post scoring big men, wings who can slash and create and guards who they can depend on to get into the lane and draw tough fouls.

DJ Wagner can't be trusted in big moments and Dilly runs hot and cold. You need consistency to win 6 games in March.

You know what's funny, you guys get all butthurt and call me a homer while you're being just as big of a homer, maybe a biger homer. I mean, you're trying to act like the ACC is better than the SEC. We're all homers to some extent, yes, you too.
I'm just pointing out UK's flaws nothing more.

Come on Jeff, this is one of the most absurd things I've ever seen anyone post on here and that's saying a lot.
Says the guy trying to act like the ACC isn’t trash and saying UK is equal to Clemson. Come on now.
Are you comparing the importance of 3 of Duke's best 4 players to Big Z, Ugo and DJ Wagner? That's insane.
No, it's not insane. UK is incredibly deep, but DJ is it best defensive guard and the 2 bigs listed, are the best ones on the team, Bradshaw is 3rd string. Flip is your starting big, Ugo is our starting big. Pretty simple.
A more apt comparison would be comparing those 3 bigs to Ryan Young, Sean Stewart and Caleb Foster being out for Duke. In that case, we'd still win most of the games against weaker competition but they'd make a difference vs top end teams.
Nah, DJ and Ugo are starters, Z is the first of the bench. If Sheppard was missing, I would have used Proctor or McCain for comparisons sake.
You have a bunch of mobile, dirty work and dumpoffs bigs. They're scoring in the flow of the offense though which is run by your guards. You don't have a big man you can dump it down to make a reliable post move to get you a couple of buckets when things get tough.
You obviously forgot about Tre Mitchell, which I get, because he's been injured. Should be back this weekend, or for the Vandy game. If you want to look at a team that won with a similar style, look at 2021 Baylor, their post guy was 6'5".
But also, welcome to modern basketball. Look what's happening to the teams that rely on bigs instead of strong guard play.
Auburn has one of the best bigs in the country, UK beat their asses in their own gym on college gameday. Look at Mississippi State, Tolu Smith is another elite big, UK swept them. Look at Kansas, UK had them beat, but went under 3 straight high ball screens at the end of the game. UK had nobody to matchup with Dickinson and had the game won.
The way to beat UK is with great outside shooting. So far, in 28 games, UK's offense has not been the issue.
That's going to cost you in the tournament when Reed and Dilly go cold or can't get space to operate.
But Reed, Dillingham, Reeves, Ado AND DJ would have to go cold. Hasn't happened yet. But the same can be said of every team out there. And I have news for you, Flip isn’t good enough to beat elite teams all by himself either, so if Proctor, Roach and McCain go cold from the outside, duke is done too. I mean seriously, y'all lost to a terrible Arkansas team and they were missing their best player. You lost, because Arkansas is physical. Heck Roach and Flip combined for 48 points. Proctor had 7, McCain had 5 and Mitchell had 6. Show me a game where UK's guards sucked like that. 9 total points off the bench. Maybe worry about duke instead of what MIGHT happen to UK that hasn’t happened yet.
Its especially true of UK though. Other contenders have reliable post scoring big men, wings who can slash and create and guards who they can depend on to get into the lane and draw tough fouls.
I'm not worried in the least. Other than serious foul trouble, you are not going to see UK's entire team go ice cold, because they don't just shoot threes, they drive the ball into the paint with physicality and they rebound the ball. Many teams have won the title this way. UK had an elite big in 22 and 23, look how that worked out. Purdue had an elite big the last 2 tournaments, how did that work out? It’s a guard's game, especially now with the way the game has moved from post play to the 3 ball.
DJ Wagner can't be trusted in big moments and Dilly runs hot and cold. You need consistency to win 6 games in March.
Yeah, that’s why Reeves and Reed Sheppard are on the roster. I'm not sure there is a better set of guards in the country. There are two lottery picks in that backcourt and the other 2 are NBA guys as well.
I'm just pointing out UK's flaws nothing more.
And being a complete homer too.

Last edited:
Says the guy trying to act like the ACC isn’t trash and saying UK is equal to Clemson. Come on now.

No, it's not insane. UK is incredibly deep, but DJ is it best defensive guard and the 2 bigs listed, are the best ones on the team, Bradshaw is 3rd string. Flip is your starting big, Ugo is our starting big. Pretty simple.

Nah, DJ and Ugo are starters, Z is the first of the bench. If Sheppard was missing, I would have used Proctor or McCain for comparisons sake.

Welcome to modern basketball. Look what's happening to the teams that rely on bigs instead of strong guard play.
Auburn has one of the best bigs in the country, UK beat their asses in their own gym on college gameday. Look at Mississippi State, Tolu Smith is another elite big, UK swept them. Look at Kansas, UK had them beat, but went under 3 straight high ball screens at the end of the game. UK had nobody to matchup with Dickinson and had the game won.
The way to beat UK is with great outside shooting. So far, in 28 games, UK's offense has not been the issue.

But Reed, Dillingham, Reeves, Ado AND DJ would have to go cold. Hasn't happened yet. But the same can be said of every team out there. And I have news for you, Flip isn’t good enough to beat elite teams all by himself either, so if Proctor, Roach and McCain go cold from the outside, duke is done too. I mean seriously, y'all lost to a terrible Arkansas team and they were missing their best player. You lost, because Arkansas is physical. Heck Roach and Flip combined for 48 points. Proctor had 7, McCain had 5 and Mitchell had 6. Show me a game where UK's guards sucked like that. 9 total points off the bench. Maybe worry about duke instead of what MIGHT happen to UK that hasn’t happened yet.

I'm not worried in the least. Other than serious foul trouble, you are not going to see UK's entire team go ice cold, because they don't just shoot threes, they drive the ball into the paint with physicality and they rebound the ball. Many teams have won the title this way. UK had an elite big in 22 and 23, look how that worked out. Purdue had an elite big the last 2 tournaments, how did that work out? It’s a guard's game, especially now with the way the game has moved from post play to the 3 ball.

Yeah, that’s why Reeves and Reed Sheppard are on the roster. I'm not sure there is a better set of guards in the country. There are two lottery picks in that backcourt and the other 2 are NBA guys as well.

And being a complete homer too.
DJ is not a lottery pick. Only Dilly.

ADVERTISEMENT