ADVERTISEMENT

Is there any way you'd cheer for your rival?

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
For me it would be if we're on the opposite of the Final Four.

I'd want to meet them in the Championship.

Asshole coaches or players go a long ways.

Reactions: cdbearde
Sure, Vandy is our instate rival, but if Vandy were to be playing #1 whoever in CFB or #1 ranked whoever in CBB, I would cheer for them. I would be generally pleased if they won either of those games.

If Purdue needed Indiana to beat someone in order for Purdue to win a Big Ten title, I think I wouldn't root against IU. But I'm still not sure I'd root for them.
That is just weird, bro … winning a Big Ten Championship is more important than bragging rights at the water cooler, lmao.

Kansas smacking Mizzou around is infinitely better when Mizzou fans believe.

Zf what you losers do vs Zou. 🤌🏻

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
If JC ever had the intelligence to be a Louisville fan, I would have to switch to the dark side and pull for Kentucky.

…..nah, I could never do that but would lump him into the clown group of fans with Beasley.

Despite the calislimy pause in the series, Ky fans were excellent in earning our disgust and laughter. Can't imagine rooting for them in anything.

• Haha
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I'm not into the rival thing. When it comes to college basketball, I feel like UK should be competing against the other blue bloods. I want Duke, KU and uNC to lose most of the time, but if them winning a game, means UK can improve seeding, or their ranking, fine by me.

Of course, beating UT and Louisville is nice, but it’s only because they hate UK so much. There's no reason for me to hate either program. What's to hate? Why would I punch down?

As far as football, well, UT is our closest legit fb program and they have been successful in the SEC and nationally, it's a measuring stick game, but we're not good enough to be their rival.

Oh sure….I cheer for Louisville all the time. Cheer for them bastards to lose!!!!🤣
Happy Lets Go GIF by Major League Soccer

Despite the calislimy pause in the series, Ky fans were excellent in earning our disgust and laughter. Can't imagine rooting for them in anything.
UK hasn’t played IU in years, yet you hate them with the heat of a thousand suns. Weird, Purdue is your rival, you should know that.

This is a YOU issue, UK didn’t do anything to you, but you act like they double fisted you and spread out their swelled up hands while inside you, then peed in your butthole.

You do realize that hating another program the way you do, means they own you. You wouldn't hate UK if IU was the better program.

I just underhand tossed you a box of dude wipes, clean yourself up.

If JC ever had the intelligence to be a Louisville fan, I would have to switch to the dark side and pull for Kentucky.

…..nah, I could never do that but would lump him into the clown group of fans with Beasley.
I'll be cheering for the cards today for sure. Y'all need to do your job and take the 'Noles out.

I'm not into the rival thing. When it comes to college basketball, I feel like UK should be competing against the other blue bloods. I want Duke, KU and uNC to lose most of the time, but if them winning a game, means UK can improve seeding, or their ranking, fine by me.

Of course, beating UT and Louisville is nice, but it’s only because they hate UK so much. There's no reason for me to hate either program. What's to hate? Why would I punch down?

As far as football, well, UT is our closest legit fb program and they have been successful in the SEC and nationally, it's a measuring stick game, but we're not good enough to be their rival.
I think a budding rivalry is beginning with UK/SCAR in CFB. I don't know how closely you follow CFB, but I think that could be a good one. I hope they are listed as one of y'all's every year opponents in CFB, so that will grow.

Since Barnes, UK has struggled to keep up with UT in CBB, so your arrogant claim of punching down should be replaced with keeping your nose above water,

I'll be cheering for the cards today for sure. Y'all need to do your job and take the 'Noles out.
What's wrong with the Noles? I kinda like them.

IU invited that shit.

Bob needed the advantage and he tried to dictate terms and then Crean and the IU AD tried to dictate terms and Cal and UK told them to stick it.

If it were up to me UK would never play IU again outside the NCAA Tourney.

Reactions: kyjeff1
IU invited that shit.

Bob needed the advantage and he tried to dictate terms and then Crean and the IU AD tried to dictate terms and Cal and UK told them to stick it.

If it were up to me UK would never play IU again outside the NCAA Tourney.
I am sure you wouldn't

Cal drove the breakup bus, your memory is poor. He didn't want to play the next game in Rump because it looked like he would get beat at home without any heroics. Glass came back with a compromise that met everyone's needs and Cal moved the goalposts to avoid playing.

Ky fans then went on the laughable smear IU and TAH campaign in order to cover for their spineless, witless, classless slimy coach.

UK hasn’t played IU in years, yet you hate them with the heat of a thousand suns. Weird, Purdue is your rival, you should know that.

This is a YOU issue, UK didn’t do anything to you, but you act like they double fisted you and spread out their swelled up hands while inside you, then peed in your butthole.

You do realize that hating another program the way you do, means they own you. You wouldn't hate UK if IU was the better program.

I just underhand tossed you a box of dude wipes, clean yourself up.
The Pu rivalry is driven 75% by PU

BTW, this post needs to come down.

I am sure you wouldn't

Cal drove the breakup bus, your memory is poor. He didn't want to play the next game in Rump because it looked like he would get beat at home without any heroics. Glass came back with a compromise that met everyone's needs and Cal moved the goalposts to avoid playing.

Ky fans then went on the laughable smear IU and TAH campaign in order to cover for their spineless, witless, classless slimy coach.
My memory is totally different.

Ass hall is not worth UK going to as it is a small venue; whereas, Rupp is a first class place. The last time UK played in ass hall the fans rushed the court.

Within a few months after the court storming the message was clear that UK would not play IU. It still pisses me off that UK has now agreed to start the series again.

I think a budding rivalry is beginning with UK/SCAR in CFB. I don't know how closely you follow CFB, but I think that could be a good one. I hope they are listed as one of y'all's every year opponents in CFB, so that will grow.

Since Barnes, UK has struggled to keep up with UT in CBB, so your arrogant claim of punching down should be replaced with keeping your nose above water,
I never miss college football saturdays. I follow cfb closely and in my opinion being south Carolina's rival, would be like marrying your own sister. UK has to find a way to be better than that.

I never miss college football saturdays. I follow cfb closely and in my opinion being south Carolina's rival, would be like marrying your own sister. UK has to find a way to be better than that.
This is the problem with UK fans, you're unjustifiably entitled. SCAR fans are some of the most passionate fans that ever existed. You say you consider the Vols a rival and I share that opinion, but y'all have not held up your end of the bargain based on your own criteria. Don't be a hypocrite.

Just like the imaginary UK/IU rivalry is 75% driven by butthurt IU fans. UK is punching down whenever they play IU. That’s just a fact.

Burns, doesn't it?
I have always enjoyed watching Ky fans spend so very much time and energy convincing themselves and anyone that will listen just how little IU means to them.

You are a textbook example.

(You can look up what a textbook is.)

My memory is totally different.

Ass hall is not worth UK going to as it is a small venue; whereas, Rupp is a first class place. The last time UK played in ass hall the fans rushed the court.

Within a few months after the court storming the message was clear that UK would not play IU. It still pisses me off that UK has now agreed to start the series again.

Your memory is wrong.

I love the massive time and effort you clowns have put into convincing yourselves that IU doesn't matter to you

The 456,987,304 bleating posts and sobbing reports from Ky fans since that game indiacte:

Among the 32 Ky fans in attendance that awesome game:

27 were beaten to death
39 were pulled from their wheel chairs and set on fire
46 were thrown from the balcony
187 were intentionally trampled in the court rush
4,896 were sworn at
8,095 had beer (that wasn;t sold at TAH) poured on their heads
14,756 were spat on
6 of their team hookers were assaulted

Sums you clowns up pretty well.

• Wow
This is the problem with UK fans, you're unjustifiably entitled. SCAR fans are some of the most passionate fans that ever existed. You say you consider the Vols a rival and I share that opinion, but y'all have not held up your end of the bargain based on your own criteria. Don't be a hypocrite.
No, that’s not it at all, I just feel UK should shoot higher thsn South Carolina.

Why? Because in the SEC, if you want to build and get to the higher shelf, you don't want to be tied to a program that is simply never going to be better than what they are now. We’re already tied to Louisville, which already weighs us down a bit.

But also, what are we supposed to do about the SEC pairing us with Mississippi State every year and Missouri fans looking at UK as their fb rival?

I have always enjoyed watching Ky fans spend so very much time and energy convincing themselves and anyone that will listen just how little IU means to them.

You are a textbook example.

(You can look up what a textbook is.)
Dude, serioidly, UK fans don't talk about IU, I don't get why you think we do.

The wolf doesn’t concern himself with the thoughts of sheep.

• Haha
and yet here you are....
Yeah, here I am on a college basketball forum, wasting my time trying to explain to an IU fan that when you suck for damn near 40 years, nobody cares about you and what's even funier, is you think somehow UK fans are obsessed with IU.

Need I remind you, IU fans rushed the court after the Watford shot, y'all made popcorn boxes with the image of Watford hitting the shot, pasted on them, you refuse to talk about the beating UK put on IU in the NCAAT that season and you guys CONTINUE to celebrate the Watford shot… .yet YOU think UK is the one obsessed? You can't be this dumb.

No, that’s not it at all, I just feel UK should shoot higher thsn South Carolina.

Why? Because in the SEC, if you want to build and get to the higher shelf, you don't want to be tied to a program that is simply never going to be better than what they are now. We’re already tied to Louisville, which already weighs us down a bit.

But also, what are we supposed to do about the SEC pairing us with Mississippi State every year and Missouri fans looking at UK as their fb rival?
You could learn some things from SCAR. They are massive CFB fans, CFB is first with them. They pack the seats regardless of how their team performs. IMO, you are no great fan if you only support the team when it is winning big. I rate SCAR as some of the best fans in the country.

For me it would be if we're on the opposite of the Final Four.

I'd want to meet them in the Championship.

Asshole coaches or players go a long ways.
If you can cheer for your rivals in any shape or form then they are not your rivals…

If you are cheering for them, then that said team is just an opponent that you play a lot…

ADVERTISEMENT