ADVERTISEMENT

Is the Summit the biggest news this offseason?

Can we get an example of Trump ruining the country?
well the economy is great, unemployment extremely low, and he hasn't been pulling us into unnecessary wars or drone bombing anything that moves in the middle east (that I'm aware of) so obviously he's shitty at his job because people don't like the things he says.

if I was President, I wouldn't negotiate to remove nukes. I'd negotiate to end human rights abuses. Nukes are the biggest red herring in all of geopolitics.
Really. Why don't we take care of the human rights issues in our country before we start telling other countries how to treat their own citizens.

Reactions: treyforuk
Can we get an example of Trump ruining the country?

Selling his soul to Putin and Russia is at the top of the list. Gas prices going back up. Racial divide is as worse as ever. Locking kids up in cages and separating them from their families. Pissing off our allies in favor of Dictators he admire. Deficit and debt going up. Using the office to enrich his family. Vilolating the emoluments clause. Golfing too much.

I am not ready to subscribe to the notion that all liberals hate America. But I do feel like if something pisses a liberal off, it is probably best for the country.

I used to annoy my mother-in-law (still do) because when she asked why I didn't support "Make America Great Again" and Trump, I'd say that it was because I love America and think it's pretty great already. I'd ask her why Trump hates America and she'd walk off in a huff, calling me an idiot.

I used to annoy my mother-in-law (still do) because when she asked why I didn't support "Make America Great Again" and Trump, I'd say that it was because I love America and think it's pretty great already. I'd ask her why Trump hates America and she'd walk off in a huff, calling me an idiot.

Remember when we obsessed over paid speeches, Clinton Foundation, cell phones and emails. Fun times!

Reactions: brooky03
Selling his soul to Putin and Russia is at the top of the list. Gas prices going back up. Racial divide is as worse as ever. Locking kids up in cages and separating them from their families. Pissing off our allies in favor of Dictators he admire. Deficit and debt going up. Using the office to enrich his family. Vilolating the emoluments clause. Golfing too much.

It seems there was a time with worse racial divide, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Yeah, not much of this is true. Gas prices are going up but that's not a negative on Trump. The racial divide was already getting worse under Obama, Trump has just continued that piece. The rest is just pure hot garbage.

Reactions: dirtyrock15

Selling his soul to Putin and Russia is at the top of the list. Total lie. No evidence of any contact. Only contact with the commies was the Clintons.

Racial divide is as worse as ever. Total lie. No evidence of any racism; however, the prior President governed based on race.

Locking kids up in cages and separating them from their families. Total lie. Nothing has changed in the handling of unaccompanied minors at the border. Obama administration did exactly the same thing.

Pissing off our allies in favor of Dictators he admire. Total twisting the truth. The G-7 countries do not trade fairly, so let him piss them off.

I spent a 32-year career in moving commodities domestically in the U.S. and internationally. Please don’t be confused. The facts are that the trade barriers initially are put up by countries other than the U.S. Try to sell chemicals originated in the U.S. to Canada. American cheese is very expensive in Canada because Canada places a 270% tariff on it. We don’t want to talk about lumber because the U.S. places a 20% tariff on Canadian soft wood. I love bourbon whiskey. When I would travel to Canada it’s cost was outrageous; however, Canadian Club is cheap in the U.S. Wonder why? Canada is quite protective of its markets. I know this first hand because of my job. My railroad ran in both countries and our rules were complex on what we could and could not move to and from Canada.

My question is why have trade barriers between Canada and the U.S.? President Trump wants 0% in both directions. Free trade is fair trade. But it is Canada that is afraid of the bear to its South.

On to the European Union. One good example: the US charges a 4% tariff on German cars. Germany charges a 10% tariff on US cars, and then tacks on a 90% value added tax. That is in effect a 100% tariff. So why should Trump not piss off the cheating bastards?

Deficit and debt going up. Total truth and it should stop.

Using the office to enrich his family. Total lie. He gives his salary away every quarter. His daughter and son-in-law work for nothing.

Violating the emoluments clause. Total lie. The two stupid suits were thrown out. Geeze can't you do better than MSNBC?

Golfing too much. Bullshit. A man can't golf too much.

Are you trying to say the greatest dealmaker in the history of the world has shown a propensity to be easily manipulated?!
Yeah, if only he could have given NK palets full of cash and access to our financial systems. I wish Trump was as good as Obama at getting our American held hostages home too.

Reactions: dirtyrock15
So we can pick fights with our allies but kiss the asses of our enemies? Leading from behind crowd, where ya at?

Reactions: 829305
lol at selling his soul to Putin. must be why we have such a great political relationship with Russia right now.

the president doesn't regulate fuel prices, just ask Obama when Romney tried to use that against him.

"racial divide" talk started/picked up steam with Obama but is in no way shape or form worse as ever. very dumb statement or maybe just hyperbole but it ain't the 1960's or 1850's. This whole racial divide thing is way overplayed.

what kids did he lock up? Don't know about this one.

pissing off our allies by not allowing them to take advantage of us anymore. I think we're ok there.

Deficit and debt grew at a rate of 3.4% in his first year in office. Given recent presidents that's not terrible but not ideal either. Obama averaged 5.7% over his 8 years but he had to deal with the mortgage crisis created by Bill Clinton repealing the Glass Steagall act so not really his fault.

every politician has used the office to enrich their family, the Clinton's did it to a much greater degree over a longer period of time. I would be interested to see what Obama's net worth was before he entered politics compared to when he left office. My guess is it increased.

I assume you mean violating the emolument's clause by putting family members on staff, I could do without this myself.

There is no such thing as playing too much golf.

i was pretty sure Kim liked his nukes---but hey, what do i know!!

His nukes weren't much (any) of a threat to any place other than the Korean peninsula, so I guess we did South Korea a solid. Cool. So Un had some nukes he couldn't manage to shoot in the right direction that he gets to swap for economic relief, a blind eye towards his Hitler-level human rights violations, and a potentially smaller and more poorly trained military force defending his outmanned and outgunned mortal enemy to the south. Fair deal.

lol at selling his soul to Putin. must be why we have such a great political relationship with Russia right now.

the president doesn't regulate fuel prices, just ask Obama when Romney tried to use that against him.

"racial divide" talk started/picked up steam with Obama but is in no way shape or form worse as ever. very dumb statement or maybe just hyperbole but it ain't the 1960's or 1850's. This whole racial divide thing is way overplayed.

what kids did he lock up? Don't know about this one.

pissing off our allies by not allowing them to take advantage of us anymore. I think we're ok there.

Deficit and debt grew at a rate of 3.4% in his first year in office. Given recent presidents that's not terrible but not ideal either. Obama averaged 5.7% over his 8 years but he had to deal with the mortgage crisis created by Bill Clinton repealing the Glass Steagall act so not really his fault.

every politician has used the office to enrich their family, the Clinton's did it to a much greater degree over a longer period of time. I would be interested to see what Obama's net worth was before he entered politics compared to when he left office. My guess is it increased.

I assume you mean violating the emolument's clause by putting family members on staff, I could do without this myself.

There is no such thing as playing too much golf.
It's not like you to jump into these types of threads . . . what gives?

Reactions: tw3301
His nukes weren't much (any) of a threat to any place other than the Korean peninsula, so I guess we did South Korea a solid. Cool. So Un had some nukes he couldn't manage to shoot in the right direction that he gets to swap for economic relief, a blind eye towards his Hitler-level human rights violations, and a potentially smaller and more poorly trained military force defending his outmanned and outgunned mortal enemy to the south. Fair deal.

It seems Hitler did something way worse, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

SO, you were in the crowd that we should have just used military force with the nukes being non-threatening and the hitler level human rights violations being carried out? I actually like your idea than.

Selling his soul to Putin and Russia is at the top of the list. Total lie. No evidence of any contact. Only contact with the commies was the Clintons.

Racial divide is as worse as ever. Total lie. No evidence of any racism; however, the prior President governed based on race.

Locking kids up in cages and separating them from their families. Total lie. Nothing has changed in the handling of unaccompanied minors at the border. Obama administration did exactly the same thing.

Pissing off our allies in favor of Dictators he admire. Total twisting the truth. The G-7 countries do not trade fairly, so let him piss them off.

I spent a 32-year career in moving commodities domestically in the U.S. and internationally. Please don’t be confused. The facts are that the trade barriers initially are put up by countries other than the U.S. Try to sell chemicals originated in the U.S. to Canada. American cheese is very expensive in Canada because Canada places a 270% tariff on it. We don’t want to talk about lumber because the U.S. places a 20% tariff on Canadian soft wood. I love bourbon whiskey. When I would travel to Canada it’s cost was outrageous; however, Canadian Club is cheap in the U.S. Wonder why? Canada is quite protective of its markets. I know this first hand because of my job. My railroad ran in both countries and our rules were complex on what we could and could not move to and from Canada.

My question is why have trade barriers between Canada and the U.S.? President Trump wants 0% in both directions. Free trade is fair trade. But it is Canada that is afraid of the bear to its South.

On to the European Union. One good example: the US charges a 4% tariff on German cars. Germany charges a 10% tariff on US cars, and then tacks on a 90% value added tax. That is in effect a 100% tariff. So why should Trump not piss off the cheating bastards?

Deficit and debt going up. Total truth and it should stop.

Using the office to enrich his family. Total lie. He gives his salary away every quarter. His daughter and son-in-law work for nothing.

Violating the emoluments clause. Total lie. The two stupid suits were thrown out. Geeze can't you do better than MSNBC?

Golfing too much. Bullshit. A man can't golf too much.

Jesus christ, what a load of shit. I can't tell if Bert is dumb, ignorant, or purposefully ignores truth.

Reactions: Quavarius
It seems Hitler did something way worse, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Just FYI, North Korea has maintained massive concentration camps for decades. They have in the neighborhood of 200,000 people interned, and just about everyone dies there. They execute families, children, babies... about a half million North Koreans have been killed in the camps.

Obviously Hitler did worse, but just wanted to put that out there. North Korea is as bad as it gets in the modern world.

Anybody who likes or respects trump as a man is a bad person. He may end up doing good things for the country, but the guy is a complete asshole.

Reactions: toonces11
Just FYI, North Korea has maintained massive concentration camps for decades. They have in the neighborhood of 200,000 people interned, and just about everyone dies there. They execute families, children, babies... about a half million North Koreans have been killed in the camps.

Obviously Hitler did worse, but just wanted to put that out there. North Korea is as bad as it gets in the modern world.
Do you know this for sure, or is it just hearsay?

Yeah but they're just keeping asians in there right? i'm ok with that.

SO, you were in the crowd that we should have just used military force with the nukes being non-threatening and the hitler level human rights violations being carried out? I actually like your idea than.
My guess is he was probably one of those that were screaming about the US barrelling toward nuclear war with NK. Seems like he wouldn't give Trump credit for anything in this situation.

Reactions: toonces11
I am not sure how this ties into my point. My point is that people are using that picture to show Merkel taking a strong stance against our evil leader when if it had been Trump taking that stance it wouldn't have been looked at as a strong stance. It would have been our evil leader bullying a "friend". Everybody is concerned about how Trump is treating our friends when he is simply pointing out how unfair the fair trade has been for America. But nobody is concerned about how they are treating their friend. It's silly politics and it's disturbing that so many democrats are siding with leaders of other countries simply because they oppose Trump.
My point is that they are not interchangeable. Part of the response to our President has to do with his caustic personality. Wait a week and you'll be praising his no-nonsense, tough-talking shtick again, but when it comes time to reap the repercussions of that, you go full hypocrite.

He talks tough and rah-rah-rah; Trudeau says they won't be bullied and wah-wah-wah.

Reactions: Quavarius
ADVERTISEMENT