ADVERTISEMENT

Is the Summit the biggest news this offseason?

Yea, I don't buy much into punditry bullshit, especially by the media, but it's you identifying your politics with a news network. Dont project your punditry on me.

In the course of the "interview", I heard this guy claim:

Liberalism is a mental disorde

And

Liberals hate America

Lol
I am not ready to subscribe to the notion that all liberals hate America. But I do feel like if something pisses a liberal off, it is probably best for the country.

The North Korea summit? Yeah, big, but the outcome sort of determines how big it really is. If they meet and not much comes of it, it isn't that important. If we get real movement in terms of ending a threat in the penninsula, sure, that would be a HUGE deal, and a real feather in the cap of Trump. Fingers crossed it works out well!

BTW... on our last summit, with all our friends? Man, this picture made me cringe.

donald-trump-angela-merkel-g7-summit.jpg
And
The North Korea summit? Yeah, big, but the outcome sort of determines how big it really is. If they meet and not much comes of it, it isn't that important. If we get real movement in terms of ending a threat in the penninsula, sure, that would be a HUGE deal, and a real feather in the cap of Trump. Fingers crossed it works out well!

BTW... on our last summit, with all our friends? Man, this picture made me cringe.

donald-trump-angela-merkel-g7-summit.jpg
If that picture made you cringe then you are like all the other fake media. Trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Reactions: SNU0821
This whole thing will be a dog and pony show. Kim is trying to look legitimate and Trump wants people to believe his methods have led to peace with North Korea.
And what other President has reached a peace agreement with North Korea? If Trump makes this happen people like you will say Obama started this and without Obama Trump would not have been able to achieve peace. Just like most liberals will not give credit to Trump for the economy. It was Obama that got the economy going before he left office.

And what other President has reached a peace agreement with North Korea? If Trump makes this happen people like you will say Obama started this and without Obama Trump would not have been able to achieve peace. Just like most liberals will not give credit to Trump for the economy. It was Obama that got the economy going before he left office.

I think you're mistaking me with someone else. Despite what you want to believe, I am actually independent and I'm all for this thing working out. I don't give a shit about your politics.

Reactions: Quavarius
Who cares if she likes or loves him?

Actually, getting to this point doesn’t mean anything. Any president could have sat down with Un if they had wanted to. But our government had a pretty adhered-to policy of not having a president sit down with this looney dictator, both when Rs held the White House and Ds did. Trump is certainly unconventional, and is doing something none of them, for a variety of reasons, did. The results are ultimately what matter. I hope he is totally successful with it... I’m can deal with a douchebag as a president as long as he is competent and gets results... see Clinton, Bill;)
And what did that adhered to policy with previous presidents get us?

I am not ready to subscribe to the notion that all liberals hate America. But I do feel like if something pisses a liberal off, it is probably best for the country.

That’s stupid.

And

If that picture made you cringe then you are like all the other fake media. Trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

First, I am not media.

Second, if you don’t understand the implications of a) the body language in that shot and b) the optics of that shot and c) that Germany itself tweeted that picture out, I can’t help.

And what did that adhered to policy with previous presidents get us?

No nuclear war. North Korea continuing development of nuclear weapons. Relative peace on the peninsula, but no actual declared peace. Why do you ask?

Ehhh... nukes are a threat to American lives, either with rogue nations or sold off to the highest bidder. I wish we could do something for the people in North Korea, but I don’t think there is realistically anything we can do.

Ehhh... nukes are a threat to American lives, either with rogue nations or sold off to the highest bidder. I wish we could do something for the people in North Korea, but I don’t think there is realistically anything we can do.

You're right. There probably isn't much we can do.

It's almost as if there is more leverage given to these countries by fighting to prevent nuclearization than by the leverage gained by actually having nukes.

Being pedantic, but Kim Jong Un came to power in 2011, so "any president" is Obama and Trump. (and I don't know that it's fair to assume Un is like his father re: being amenable to a sit down, and all the other context like China's position, etc... but your overall point is fine, I guess)

Obviously I meant Kim Ill Sung, Kim Jong Il, or Kim Jong Un.

Jesus, my autocorrect is not a fan of the names of North Korean dictators. Sorry for any misspellings, but I can’t delete and retype again;)

Reactions: Big_Blue79

This whole thing is a farce. Did NK reach out for peace when they could still perform nuclear tests? I don't think so. They're buying time. In the past 30 years, how many treaties has NK signed and broken? This is nothing new. Rinse and repeat. History repeating itself.

Flip positions in that picture. It would be Trump bullying a "friend".
And what? We’d be critiquing him for what he looks like, because we always do that to men and there’d be no difference at all in power dynamic or actual personalities if we just up and traded places.

And what? We’d be critiquing him for what he looks like, because we always do that to men and there’d be no difference at all in power dynamic or actual personalities if we just up and traded places.
You mean the guy that looks like a baseball mitt and despite being shaped like a garbage bag full of milk duds is somehow 147% more healthy than the average olympic athlete. I bet he used to be able to throw the football over those mountains too. IMO, they look like they could be siblings.

This whole thing is a farce. Did NK reach out for peace when they could still perform nuclear tests? I don't think so. They're buying time. In the past 30 years, how many treaties has NK signed and broken? This is nothing new. Rinse and repeat. History repeating itself.
Granted, there is no real reason to trust Kim. But this is the first real sign of hope that trust can be developed. I am not sure why people like you seem to not want this to work. This deal isn't even comparable to any before it and that is not to say that it is or should be the finished product.

Having the remains of our POWs returned is a solid show of respect. And that is something that is long overdue.

Clive, I think I know what the issue you're having is about; while you were abroad the mods implemented an "8 inches or more to post" rule. all you have to do to verify is scan your hog, and forward it as proof.

It's doesn't take much time. We'll miss some of the other posters, but rulez is rulez.

Bratwurst.jpg

Last edited:
I am not sure how this ties into my point. My point is that people are using that picture to show Merkel taking a strong stance against our evil leader when if it had been Trump taking that stance it wouldn't have been looked at as a strong stance. It would have been our evil leader bullying a "friend". Everybody is concerned about how Trump is treating our friends when he is simply pointing out how unfair the fair trade has been for America. But nobody is concerned about how they are treating their friend. It's silly politics and it's disturbing that so many democrats are siding with leaders of other countries simply because they oppose Trump.

They definitely have a different tune. But that's expected, right? We can go all day with these examples. As long as you and I agree that it is not right for either side to have such ridiculous double standards?

I am glad Obama didn't have this meeting though. He would have just given NK billions of dollars like his predecessors with nothing resulting from it other than NK having billions of dollars to build their arsenal with.

This isn't directed at you personally, but this is the kind of simple-minded BS that makes political discourse impossible. Sure, we can all turn our political opponents into misleading caricatures and reflexively take the other side (lol librul tears! conservatives are Nazis, change my mind!), but why? Why would anyone subscribe (softy or otherwise) to the notion that "all liberals hate America?" Maybe they just have different views about what is best for America? For example I think Ayn Rand style simpleness is stupid and not applicable to the real world, but I don't think people like Paul Ryan hate America. Nor do I think hopelessly naive Bernie Sanders hates America.

Q, Nice work! I'm a libertarian (not overly passionate about politics, but that's what I'd relate with most.) Gotta say . . . this just shows how ridiculously divided our country is to a fault. Gonna show it to the Mrs. She's staunch.

This is why I've always enjoyed your posts. May not agree with em all, but it keeps people on their toes. It's what makes you a board gladiator.

Reactions: Quavarius
Q, Nice work! I'm a libertarian (not overly passionate about politics, but that's what I'd relate with most.) Gotta say . . . this just shows how ridiculously divided our country is to a fault. Gonna show it to the Mrs. She's staunch.

This is why I've always enjoyed your posts. May not agree with em all, but it keeps people on their toes. It's what makes you a board gladiator.

Appreciate it @KYtotheCore We need more Libertarians ! We need to get rid of Republicans and Democrats in office now. Throw them all out! Sitting back letting Trump ruin the country. They ALL need to be fired and replaced.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT