ADVERTISEMENT

Is the Summit the biggest news this offseason?

Now that you've been exposed and embarrassed, you're cool w/ moving on?

I don't agree to any such thing. You're going to eat this crow for a long time.
Let go and rub balls.

Homero_Bateador_by_RippeR47.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
I will prove it. I stop by Smiths Grove every now and then. I find its a convenient place to stop for a restroom break while traveling from one end of the state to the other, and I even buy something from the place I stop. ;)

I also saw where the majority of these kids that are being "separated from their parents" are kids that came in with coyotes and smugglers. And also human traffickers.

It's pretty disgusting what you hypocritical losers are doing by making an issue that has been a problem for well over a decade a Trump problem. But hey, when you're desperate to find anything to discredit someone, you will go as low as it takes.

But when they go low, YOU go high. Amirite?

I also saw where the majority of these kids that are being "separated from their parents" are kids that came in with coyotes and smugglers. And also human traffickers.

It's pretty disgusting what you hypocritical losers are doing by making an issue that has been a problem for well over a decade a Trump problem. But hey, when you're desperate to find anything to discredit someone, you will go as low as it takes.

But when they go low, YOU go high. Amirite?

a lot of very bad people are taking these kids from their real families and using them to cross the border
what choice do the real families have, if they do not give them their kids they will be murdered and the kids will taken anyway

The bottom line is the Trump administration blew it on this one. Separating kids from their parents is totally wrong no matter how one spins it. And like always he's blaming someone else. There's a better way to solve this problem and this way isn't the answer.

a lot of very bad people are taking these kids from their real families and using them to cross the border
what choice do the real families have, if they do not give them their kids they will be murdered and the kids will taken anyway
Are you suggesting that they are......

bad hombres?

Jokes aside. A lot of these kids have already been separated from their families before they ever crossed the border. Trump is in a position to do something about it and I hope he does. But the ones politicizing the situation are the democrats. They are exploiting it in order to make Trump and the republicans look like monsters. Nevermind the fact that their hero was in position for 8 years to do something about it and didn't do a damn thing.

The bottom line is the Trump administration blew it on this one. Separating kids from their parents is totally wrong no matter how one spins it. And like always he's blaming someone else. There's a better way to solve this problem and this way isn't the answer.
Just stop. Seriously. Do some research and quit blaming a decade long issue on a new policy. Not a new law, just a new policy to enforce the law.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Just stop. Seriously. Do some research and quit blaming a decade long issue on a new policy. Not a new law, just a new policy to enforce the law.
How much of an increase has there been in children being taken away from parents at the border in the last 2 months? Aren't they at somewhere around 2,000 since then? What were the numbers before then, do you know?

How much of an increase has there been in children being taken away from parents at the border in the last 2 months? Aren't they at somewhere around 2,000 since then? What were the numbers before then, do you know?
I am not sure, Schooner. I am also not sure if the number of illegal entries involving children are up. Are they? Is it a lie that children are only separated from their families if their families illegally cross the border with them, or they are not with a legit guardian? If a parent pays for a smuggler to pose as a guardian, are they not responsible for separating their family? I don't think it is as cut and dry as we are being led to believe it is.

I think the situation is being exploited for political gain. Perhaps by both sides. But I do not think the media or the liberal advocators are being honest.

To tear apart families and not use common sense, you need to stop.
Look. You are willfully ignoring facts. I don't want to call you ignorant, because I don't want to be insulting. But you are running with an ignorant narrative. It has been stated that when families enter at ports of entry, and not illegally, children will not be separated as long as they are with family or legit guardians. So if this is true, aren't the parents of these kids being irresponsible by entering illegally, or paying smugglers to bring them in? Why are they not being held responsible for "tearing families apart"?

It's a horrible situation at the border. It has been for a long time. But our immigration laws need to be enforced and measures need to be taken to resolve the crisis. That needs to happen by both parties coming together to resolve it. Not by one party hypocritically blaming the other.

Look. You are willfully ignoring facts. I don't want to call you ignorant, because I don't want to be insulting. But you are running with an ignorant narrative. It has been stated that when families enter at ports of entry, and not illegally, children will not be separated as long as they are with family or legit guardians. So if this is true, aren't the parents of these kids being irresponsible by entering illegally, or paying smugglers to bring them in? Why are they not being held responsible for "tearing families apart"?

It's a horrible situation at the border. It has been for a long time. But our immigration laws need to be enforced and measures need to be taken to resolve the crisis. That needs to happen by both parties coming together to resolve it. Not by one party hypocritically blaming the other.

You can say whatever you want and I agree the laws need to be fixed. To try to fix it this way is morally wrong.

Reactions: Big_Blue79

Becuase people want to blame Trump for everything. Doesn’t matter if it’s his fault, doesn’t matter if this has been happening for years. Has to be Trumps fault and everyone has to be vocal about it because of their dislike for him. No personal accountability for the parents, just blame Trump. People are strange.

Reactions: SNU0821
Becuase people want to blame Trump for everything. Doesn’t matter if it’s his fault, doesn’t matter if this has been happening for years. Has to be Trumps fault and everyone has to be vocal about it because of their dislike for him. No personal accountability for the parents, just blame Trump. People are strange.

I have kids and to take them away from their parents is wrong. There's a better way to go about this.

Do you have a cite for this? Thanks.

So you were 100% a-okay with DACA, which was an enforcement policy and "[n]ot a new law?" Or do you realize that it is a calculated decision, in this case largely the brainchild of human Fournier Steven Miller? You know that the executive tends to have quite a bit of discretion in enforcing laws, particularly within the realm of immigration? Trump is using this as leverage to try to force an immigration bill that gets him what he wants. He chose to do this. Sometimes we call this blackmail or (in this case almost literally) hostage taking. Other times we call this the "art of the deal" or some shit. I guess you're okay with this policy, but to most it appears cruel and not worth it (the right loves their f^&*ing deterrence for crimes schtick even though there is little evidence it actually works).

Like if a town decided to ticket everyone going even 1 MPH over the limit, with congested traffic resulting, you'd be like "Yo! Do some research! Speeding has been a problem for a long time and no laws were changed so I don't know what the huff is about," as you sat in a line to receive a $145 ticket for going 27 in a 25? I don't think you would be so okay with that. But maybe you just love that sweet, sweet right lane driving.

Reality is nobody really knows what's going on unless you are one of the kids being detained or someone that is running one of these places. I have a feeling you would see an ugly truth behind all sides of it. It's why we need to go to extremely strict border regulations and immigration laws. Sh!t has been out of control for 30-35 years and is really bad now. We need to adopt a concept like Switzerland where they are flexible on foreign people working abroad but tight as hell on citizenship regulations and actually enforcing them when they are broken.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

It can be both. Not everything is binary, and it's damn simple minded to present it in such a manner (see recent Jordan/LeBron debates). How about there is blame to go to the parents, but that it's easier to understand their motivations when oftentimes they are doing what every single sports message board tough guy with a daughter says they'd do: break the law to help/protect their family (you know, the guys that are like "some guy hurts my daughter I have a shotgun, a shovel, and access to the woods"). And yes, it's unsurprising that bull in a china shop Trump, who is not well liked and who even the most died in the red commenters agree hurts his own cause with his style, is taking the lion's share of the blame. He made a choice to ramp up separation to unprecedented levels. WTF did you expect?

But I guess it's "hurr-durr my team rules, your team drools," so I guess we'll just have to pick one, right? In that case, I have a shotgun, an alibi, and a friend in the concrete industry.

We need to adopt a concept like Switzerland where they are flexible on foreign people working abroad but tight as hell on citizenship regulations and actually enforcing them when they are broken.

It's not easy to get a work permit in Switzerland at all. If you don't have one, it's 8 days out of a calendar year. I would have like to stay in Zurich longer.

I see what the entire country sees, again there's a better way to fix this.
Then it's settled.
Do you have a cite for this? Thanks.

So you were 100% a-okay with DACA, which was an enforcement policy and "[n]ot a new law?" Or do you realize that it is a calculated decision, in this case largely the brainchild of human Fournier Steven Miller? You know that the executive tends to have quite a bit of discretion in enforcing laws, particularly within the realm of immigration? Trump is using this as leverage to try to force an immigration bill that gets him what he wants. He chose to do this. Sometimes we call this blackmail or (in this case almost literally) hostage taking. Other times we call this the "art of the deal" or some shit. I guess you're okay with this policy, but to most it appears cruel and not worth it (the right loves their f^&*ing deterrence for crimes schtick even though there is little evidence it actually works).

Like if a town decided to ticket everyone going even 1 MPH over the limit, with congested traffic resulting, you'd be like "Yo! Do some research! Speeding has been a problem for a long time and no laws were changed so I don't know what the huff is about," as you sat in a line to receive a $145 ticket for going 27 in a 25? I don't think you would be so okay with that. But maybe you just love that sweet, sweet right lane driving.
Apples. Oranges. But you know that. I am glad discuss the matter at hand and any real solution that you would propose. But let's stick to facts and opinions surrounding THIS issue.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
ADVERTISEMENT