ADVERTISEMENT

Is the Summit the biggest news this offseason?

So someone said I should unignore and look.

Two things:

First, SNU man, I would be totally fine doing that, or at least doing my best. I'll be honest; while you feel I am condescending and all of that (and I certainly get frustrated and pissy with people at times!) I often feel like you just jump RIGHT to these angry, generalized attacks about stupid lib****s and snowflakes and all of that, and I just can't see the point or value in that. I mean... even that bit where I took a silly picture of my kids to get a laugh out of Letsgo and as a bit of an olive branch... you went after me so nastily for that... about how terrible a person I am, what a terrible dad, how dare I use my kids like that... over a silly photo meant to get a laugh out of someone I was arguing with and as a way to bring a little humanity and peace between us through a funny picture of my kids that shows a bit of my soft side and the things beyond Internet fighting? Come on, man.

And I am sorry that you think I am a bad person. As silly as it sounds, I even hate that someone I don't know and will never meet would think that; that's how much that sort of thing means to me. I can genuinely tell you that I absolutely am not; I really care about folks, I am unfailingly kind to the people around me, and being a good, decent person is the most important thing in the world to me.

I can honestly say that I will never take the first shot or be an ass first. If you can do the same, we should have no problem going back and forth. I really enjoy debate with people who disagree with me, as long as they can back up their stances and make me think and be reasonable... but once it turns nasty, I’m going to have to bow out.

Second...

Hail, I saw what you wrote, about me being okay with teachers ****ing their students.

I mean this literally: either you are a relentless, shameless, asshole troll who knows that that is bullshit and is just trying to get a response... I mean, trolling a teacher about something as disgusting as that is really a sign of being a shitty human being... and a few folks told me you do this constantly, so a bit of a stalker too...

... or you are not a very good reader and have poor logical and deduction skills, given that I’ve said the exact opposite of that, on multiple occasions... but maybe you got confused, even though I am usually very careful with how I phrase things. Could be.

Not meaning this as an attack; I mean this literally. Maybe you’ll say yeah, it’s the first, or maybe you’ll say yeah, maybe it’s the second. Up to you, I suppose. I know which one I think you are. I could be wrong.

Reactions: SNU0821
So someone said I should unignore and look.

Two things:

First, SNU man, I would be totally fine doing that, or at least doing my best. I'll be honest; while you feel I am condescending and all of that (and I certainly get frustrated and pissy with people at times!) I often feel like you just jump RIGHT to these angry, generalized attacks about stupid lib****s and snowflakes and all of that, and I just can't see the point or value in that. I mean... even that bit where I took a silly picture of my kids to get a laugh out of Letsgo and as a bit of an olive branch... you went after me so nastily for that... about how terrible a person I am, what a terrible dad, how dare I use my kids like that... over a silly photo meant to get a laugh out of someone I was arguing with and as a way to bring a little humanity and peace between us through a funny picture of my kids that shows a bit of my soft side and the things beyond Internet fighting? Come on, man.

And I am sorry that you think I am a bad person. As silly as it sounds, I even hate that someone I don't know and will never meet would think that; that's how much that sort of thing means to me. I can genuinely tell you that I absolutely am not; I really care about folks, I am unfailingly kind to the people around me, and being a good, decent person is the most important thing in the world to me.

I can honestly say that I will never take the first shot or be an ass first. If you can do the same, we should have no problem going back and forth. I really enjoy debate with people who disagree with me, as long as they can back up their stances and make me think and be reasonable... but once it turns nasty, I’m going to have to bow out.

Second...

Hail, I saw what you wrote, about me being okay with teachers ****ing their students.

I mean this literally: either you are a relentless, shameless, asshole troll who knows that that is bullshit and is just trying to get a response... I mean, trolling a teacher about something as disgusting as that is really a sign of being a shitty human being... and a few folks told me you do this constantly, so a bit of a stalker too...

... or you are not a very good reader and have poor logical and deduction skills, given that I’ve said the exact opposite of that, on multiple occasions... but maybe you got confused, even though I am usually very careful with how I phrase things. Could be.

Not meaning this as an attack; I mean this literally. Maybe you’ll say yeah, it’s the first, or maybe you’ll say yeah, maybe it’s the second. Up to you, I suppose. I know which one I think you are. I could be wrong.

You’re denying that you’ve defended teacher/student hookups?

You’re denying that you’ve defended teacher/student hookups?

Obviously. And be very careful about what saved quote you whip out… Make sure it actually shows what you’re saying it shows, not just what you think it shows.

So these posts of yours aren't defending teacher/student hookups?

thedude6.jpg

thedude3.jpg

16mo2z.jpg

I'd give you more credit if you lied and said you were drunk when you wrote those and forgot you defended teacher/student hookups than if you try to spin that into being something else.

I'd give you more credit if you lied and said you were drunk when you wrote those and forgot you defended teacher/student hookups than if you try to spin that into being something else.
Is that what you’ve based your comments on all these years? I don’t think he was defending teachers at all in situations where they’ve hooked up with students. And the part about human sexuality was true as well.

Is that what you’ve based your comments on all these years? I don’t think he was defending teachers at all in situations where they’ve hooked up with students. And the part about human sexuality was true as well.

When you write those two things in a thread about a teacher who had sex with an underage boy, it certainly comes off as making an excuse for that teacher.

When you write those two things in a thread about a teacher who had sex with an underage boy, it certainly comes off as making an excuse for that teacher.
I think he was probably just presenting ideas related to the topic that probably weren’t being talked about. He does that often. Lol

Got a link to the thread for the full context?

I think he was probably just presenting ideas related to the topic that probably weren’t being talked about. He does that often. Lol

https://forums.rivals.com/threads/ot-north-carolina-teacher-sex-scandal.736289/#post-21258967

People say a lot of weird stuff here that I can ignore because it's tongue in cheek or trolling, but IMO that defintely came off as making excuses for the teacher. Like... "well it's not THAT bad because 16 and 17 year olds are in their prime sexual ages and maybe she thought they were good looking". That is how those posts read to me. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Okay; when you say "defending" it, you clearly mean that I am, in any way, okay with it. You've been harping on it and implying it and following me around with it constantly, or so Dat and Jimbo and Q and a number of people have mentioned to me, over the last year or whatever it has been.

Neither of the discussions points that you saved (which, btw, is very strange and stalkerish, but we'll leave that for now) have anything to do with being okay with an adult having sex with a child.

They DO address the motives behind it, though, and I brought up stuff that sometimes we do gloss over.

So these posts of yours aren't defending teacher/student hookups?

thedude6.jpg

At no time in that post was I saying that an adult having sex with a child is okay.

I did put forward the idea that, in addition to the already-assumed issues of power and control and loneliness and a fundamental lack of empathy, that physical attraction played a PART in why the woman had sex with a bunch of boys. I know that we often subscribe abuse like this to pure, f'ed up power dynamics, but its also a sexual act by its nature, and sex is governed by physical attractiveness.

That's it. Wanted to touch on one of the many aspects of this sort of behavior.

At NO POINT THERE did I say that being physically attracted to a human being is a valid reason or excuse to abuse them, or in any way defend doing that.

At all.

Yes; this was in DIRECT reference to the idea that when we see WOMAN teacher abuse a male student, it seems that there is a lot of "Good for HIM, man! I wish I had a hot teacher like that when I was young!" but when we see a MALE teacher abuse a female student, nobody says "Oh, good for her! I wish I had a guy teacher like that when I was that age!"

We celebrate the idea of a young man being the target of this, but view a young woman being the target of it as one of the worst crimes in our society.

It is a double standard that exists for a number of reasons, but one of those is the way we treat women and their sexuality with men and their sexuality.

And I think that it is dumb to a boys "sexuality" something to be celebrated while make a girls "sexuality" be this taboo, horrible thing. Either do the "boy" thing and say "Good for them!" some extent for BOTH, or condemn it for both, whichever you feel is correct. I tend to be in the "condemn it both" camp, but you do you. And I find it to be a double standard rooted in our Puritan roots and one that somehow demeans women.

That is ENTIRELY what that was about.

At no point... at NO POINT... did I DEFEND an adult having sex with a child. Nothing about that point has anything to do with saying it is okay or passing any sort of positive judgment about it.

So, there you go. I could not be more clear. Listen, I enjoy thinking about issues a million different ways. I enjoy discussing things that are sometimes sacred cows or considered some verboten topic, especially when challenging common thought (especially thought without much... thought). If I want to defend something, to say it is right, it will be VERY clear.

Neither of those posts... and indeed nothing I've ever posted in my life... would defend the idea of an adult having sex with a child, because I find it completely immoral and horrible, the absolute destruction of a person, with very real impact that lasts for a LIFETIME.

It is something I've seen the horrible effects of.

It is something I worry about for my own children.

It is something I defend against with my own children, as in my students.

And as someone who has literally dedicated his life to being a coach and educator for young people, a shepherd and guide for young people, a mentor and father figure for young people... as someone who has spent my entire life over the past 15 or so years with young people... I'm particularly bothered by A) your believing this about me and B) your strange insistence and, for lack of a better word, obsession with it, an obsession that is not only personally repugnant but which I've also suspected the motive behind... because it's often felt like cheap shot, intellectually dishonest trolling.

There you go, brother. Read it, or not. Get it, or not. I can't put it any more clearly, and I think if you still hold onto it... well, maybe my first assessment of you was correct. But maybe you won't hold onto it, and you'll be a decent dude. Time will tell.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Okay; when you say "defending" it, you clearly mean that I am, in any way, okay with it. You've been harping on it and implying it and following me around with it constantly, or so Dat and Jimbo and Q and a number of people have mentioned to me, over the last year or whatever it has been.

Neither of the discussions points that you saved (which, btw, is very strange and stalkerish, but we'll leave that for now) have anything to do with being okay with an adult having sex with a child.

They DO address the motives behind it, though, and I brought up stuff that sometimes we do gloss over.

At no time in that post was I saying that an adult having sex with a child is okay.

I did put forward the idea that, in addition to the already-assumed issues of power and control and loneliness and a fundamental lack of empathy, that physical attraction played a PART in why the woman had sex with a bunch of boys. I know that we often subscribe abuse like this to pure, f'ed up power dynamics, but its also a sexual act by its nature, and sex is governed by physical attractiveness.

At NO POINT THERE did I say that being physically attracted to a human being is a valid reason or excuse to abuse them, or in any way defend doing that.

At all.

Yes; this was in DIRECT reference to the idea that when we see WOMAN teacher abuse a male student, it seems that there is a lot of "Good for HIM, man! I wish I had a hot teacher like that when I was young!" but when we see a MALE teacher abuse a female student, nobody says "Oh, good for her! I wish I had a guy teacher like that when I was that age!"

We celebrate the idea of a young man being the target of this, but view a young woman being the target of it as one of the worst crimes in our society.

It is a double standard that exists for a number of reasons, but one of those is the way we treat women and their sexuality with men and their sexuality.

And I think that it is dumb to a boys "sexuality" something to be celebrated while make a girls "sexuality" be this taboo, horrible thing. Either do the "boy" thing and say "Good for them!" some extent for BOTH, or condemn it for both, whichever you feel is correct. I tend to be in the "condemn it both" camp, but you do you. And I find it to be a double standard rooted in our Puritan roots and one that somehow demeans women.

At no point... at NO POINT... did I DEFEND an adult having sex with a child. Nothing about that point has anything to do with saying it is okay or passing any sort of positive judgment about it.

So, there you go. I could not be more clear. Listen, I enjoy thinking about issues a million different ways. I enjoy discussing things that are sometimes sacred cows or considered some verboten topic, especially when challenging common thought (especially thought without much... thought). If I want to defend something, to say it is right, it will be VERY clear.

Neither of those posts... and indeed nothing I've ever posted in my life... would defend the idea of an adult having sex with a child, because I find it completely immoral and horrible, the absolute destruction of a person, with very real impact that lasts for a LIFETIME.

And as someone who has literally dedicated his life to being a coach and educator for young people, a shepherd and guide for young people, a mentor and father figure for young people... as someone who has spent my entire life over the past 15 or so years with young people... I'm particularly bothered by A) your believing this about me and B) your strange insistence and, for lack of a better word, obsession with it, an obsession that is not only personally repugnant but which I've also suspected the motive behind... because it's often felt like cheap shot, intellectually dishonest trolling.

There you go, brother. Read it, or not. Get it, or not. I can't put it any more clearly, and I think if you still hold onto it... well, maybe my first assessment of you was correct. But maybe you won't hold onto it, and you'll be a decent dude. Time will tell.

Maybe all that you said is true. I don’t think you’d explain yourself this well if it wasn’t. Can you at least understand how what you said in that thread could be interpreted as making excuses for the teachers in question, even if that wasn’t your intent?

Sure, although I think such an interpretation would be jumping to an illogical conclusion.

Fine. It's gone on long enough, I think?

At all.

MTI0ODY3MTI3MDUxMDY3NDY0.jpg

Yup. It wasn't anything remotely close to what hail is claiming.

And of course there's a link, but of course he won't provide it*. That means he'd have to have some integrity instead of manipulating things to fit his troll agenda.

*Edit: I was wrong. He's been asked for context before and never provided it.

Can you at least understand how what you said in that thread could be interpreted as making excuses for the teachers in question, even if that wasn’t your intent?
Not in a million years.

You faked outrage over nothing so long you fooled yourself into thinking it was real. The truth is worse. The truth is that you completely manufactured one of the most disgusting lies a person could ever make about someone in TheDude1's position. You're the same as the mythical legion of race card and rape card cowards.

You're a pathetic troll. You've been busted for it and called on it. Now you're begging for a crumb to save the dignity you didn't realize you lost ages ago. Laughing

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa
ADVERTISEMENT