ADVERTISEMENT

Is the day of the "Blue Blood" over?

How does Michigan fit into all of this?
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
When you say lately, you mean?
They've shown nothing since Clappy. He did win the league, they were a 1 seed, maybe the overall 1. A few S16s there, no break through, the flop with Zeller and Oladipo era... just nothing. Clappy couldn't sustain or break through... so overall really since the run by Davis to the title game. It looks like Nebraska football from my view but I'm not watching them closely.

Reactions: Villian07
They could have made big dick moves this off-season but doesn’t look like they have
I will give the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt for now
But looks like a possible 8 seed to bubble team
Not good enough for IU
Should have attacked the transfer portal

You can get whoever you want now. Doesn’t look like that program will get there with their current coach
The question becomes does IU continue to ruin their name or ride with a non championship quality coach
Doesn’t look like championship quality coaches want to coach there
They should have hired Pitino after Louisville booted him and just joined the rest of the sport and put winning first.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
And if IU didn't have the ballz to hire Pitino they should have thrown the sink at Bennett. That guy is an elite coach and his style is perfect for the Big 10.

How is asking a question being an authority?

Btw, why in the hell did you add an ellipsis? It makes no sense. Try this:

The last thing all of us expected was seeing a UT fan attempting to be an authority on college basketball.

It's still wrong in the fact I only asked questions, but it is cleaned up into something coherent. You're welcome.
....I'll use ellipsis wherever the hell I want....

Your question was steered at certain program(s) and you know it. Until ut achieves more than ONE Elite 8 in their entire history, your gum flapping here is nothing more than useless drivel. You'd be better off running your yapper about when ut was good in football.

Reactions: SC ladyjay
....I'll use ellipsis wherever the hell I want....

Your question was steered at certain program(s) and you know it. Until ut achieves more than ONE Elite 8 in their entire history, your gum flapping here is nothing more than useless drivel. You'd be better off running your yapper about when ut was good in football.
What gave you the idea the thread was about certain programs? Maybe, “blue bloods”? Can’t get anything by you.

I’ve got news for you. Just because you cheer for a historically successful program doesn’t make you successful or more knowledgable than anyone else. Sorry to tell you that you don’t glean any greatness from a team you cheer for. You are stuck with whatever you personally accomplish in life and nothing more.

What gave you the idea the thread was about certain programs? Maybe, “blue bloods”? Can’t get anything by you.

I’ve got news for you. Just because you cheer for a historically successful program doesn’t make you successful or more knowledgable than anyone else. Sorry to tell you that you don’t glean any greatness from a team you cheer for. You are stuck with whatever you personally accomplish in life and nothing more.

Your question was a reflection of your wishful thinking, and based on this latest response from you, I'm 'stuck' in a pretty good place, regardless of who I root for.

Wouldnt indiana be on a 30 year+ drought? Last natty in 87?

Surely it wasnt 20 years ago already when davis took the red headed guard to the FF.

So really the seperation point imo is that IU was good pre-1975?? while UL was not. I feel likewe had a few solid squads before we finally broke through in 80 but before my time so i dont really know Much about it.

But since then we have gained ground, esp if u discount the ncca nonsense of vacating games for strippers/prostitutes but letting baylor off the hook for multiple rape/sexual assualt incidents involving 32 diff players, on premise of the unc rule that it was a campus wide problem not just the athletes. Like any one at baylor did anything to protect a “regular student” from rape/sex assauly charges smh. But i guess thats however u wanna look at it.

I dont think anyone else can even break through to blueblood status besides IU if one of the criteria is being good back before the modern era.
Sorry they just don't have it. They're in that MSU/Uconn area which isn't bad company to be In.

Your question was a reflection of your wishful thinking, and based on this latest response from you, I'm 'stuck' in a pretty good place, regardless of who I root for.
Just pretend Della's not talking about UK and actually taking about Barnes coached teams UT and UT, makes her responses better. She's clearly only insinuating and insinuating is subjective. "
She's much better. I've gave her a few likes.

This thread is one of her best ever IMO. Huge fan.

Last edited:
Sorry they just don't have it. They're in that MSU/Uconn area which isn't bad company to be In.
Im not disagreeing that i think we belong in the blue blood tier.

I just dont think Indiana does either, imo.

Tennessee has a very good incoming class and things look good.

Just pretend Della's not talking about UK and actually taking about Barnes coached teams UT and UT, makes her responses better. She's clearly only insinuating and insinuating is subjective. "

Why not just pretend and assume I'm talking about what I posted. It would have been simple enough to state why you/y'all thought the blue bloods will maintain their historical status or even improve if that is what you think. I really didn't insinuate, I asked the question and threw a few points out there.

There was really no reason to get your asses chapped.

• Haha
Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
Why not just pretend and assume I'm talking about what I posted. It would have been simple enough to state why you/y'all thought the blue bloods will maintain their historical status or even improve if that is what you think. I really didn't insinuate, I asked the question and threw a few points out there.

There was really no reason to get your asses chapped.
Again, huge fan.

Im not disagreeing that i think we belong in the blue blood tier.

I just dont think Indiana does either, imo.
I'm not really sure either. They're in purgatory until the basketball gods figure out what they want to do with them.

I mean yea hypothetically if IU could get a natty this decade, i think that would push them blue blood status.

Transversely, if UL were to win one this decade, i guess we’d still be tiered with uconn and msu bc we dont have a title from before the 80s.

Thats the main difference imo, besides the obv number of titles advantage.

I guess it depends on ones personal opinion on how they view titles from the modern era vs the old titles. I personally think the modern era should hold more weight for a number of factors, but at the same time its not like the teams/players from back then could control how the tourney was ran, some teams choosing to play in the NIT, integration of black players etc. They played the teams that were put in front of them and won the tourney, so I can see it both ways.

If there is a team who will beat Kentucky longterm in the conference
Right now I would be looking at Alabama or Arkansas
Outside chance at LSU or Auburn

Tennessee might not make the Top 5.
Just the truth.

Pretty sure you don’t care about the rest of the blue bloods

If there is a team who will beat Kentucky longterm in the conference
Right now I would be looking at Alabama or Arkansas
Outside chance at LSU or Auburn

Tennessee might not make the Top 5.
Just the truth.

Pretty sure you don’t care about the rest of the blue bloods
If there was a baseball team in the conference I'd expect to beat Texas, I'd look at one of the Mississippi schools for a sure win, but any number of other would probably do it too.

If there was a baseball team in the conference I'd expect to beat Texas, I'd look at one of the Mississippi schools for a sure win, but any number of other would probably do it too.
Now you are playing with hurt feelings and
Lashing out, Della

We all have seen what Barnes can do.
You will be up there competing but Sweet 16/Elite 8 is probably the ceiling
You created this thread in hopes of Tennessee somehow replacing Kentucky as the #1 program in conference
Arkansas and Alabama right now are probably bigger threats

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Now you are playing with hurt feelings and
Lashing out, Della

We all have seen what Barnes can do.
You will be up there competing but Sweet 16/Elite 8 is probably the ceiling
You created this thread in hopes of Tennessee somehow replacing Kentucky as the #1 program in conference
Arkansas and Alabama right now are probably bigger threats
Nah, the last time MSU played Texas you vanished, so I was wondering if mentioning it would still have that effect or if it diminishes with time. Looks like it has diminished a bit.

• Haha
Nah, the last time MSU played Texas you vanished, so I was wondering if mentioning it would still have that effect or if it diminishes with time. Looks like it has diminished a bit.
Whatever you want to tell yourself, Della.
Texas was a young baseball team last year. I predicted a semifinal appearance before the season. Would have been happy to play in the championship series.
But we are the #1 team this year and huge favorites.
Not a big deal, Della

When we get to the SEC if someone hasn’t replaced Kentucky yet in basketball
Pretty sure you can put Texas up there with Alabama and Arkansas as the biggest threats
Actually will begin this season ranked higher than all of them

• Haha
Whatever you want to tell yourself, Della.
Texas was a young baseball team last year. I predicted a semifinal appearance before the season. Would have been happy to play in the championship series.
But we are the #1 team this year and huge favorites.
Not a big deal, Della

When we get to the SEC if someone hasn’t replaced Kentucky yet in basketball
Pretty sure you can put Texas up there with Alabama and Arkansas as the biggest threats
Actually will begin this season ranked higher than all of them
You said, Texas couldn't lose to a Mississippi team last year. So, how is that excuse applicable?

You obviously need some remedial studies in SEC CBB. bama was a 1 hit wonder last year. Maybe they can continue where they left off, but they lost a lot of Sr's, so will just have to see. Kentucky and Tennessee will have loaded classes, but it will just come down to team chemistry. I'm not sure what Arky has, but don't count out Pearl and Auburn either.

You said, Texas couldn't lose to a Mississippi team last year. So, how is that excuse applicable?

You obviously need some remedial studies in SEC CBB. bama was a 1 hit wonder last year. Maybe they can continue where they left off, but they lost a lot of Sr's, so will just have to see. Kentucky and Tennessee will have loaded classes, but it will just come down to team chemistry. I'm not sure what Arky has, but don't count out Pearl and Auburn either.
You way down there, Della

You wonder why people on here treat you foul.
Not going to do that, Della
But you say some outlandish stuff

I mean yea hypothetically if IU could get a natty this decade, i think that would push them blue blood status.

Transversely, if UL were to win one this decade, i guess we’d still be tiered with uconn and msu bc we dont have a title from before the 80s.

Thats the main difference imo, besides the obv number of titles advantage.

I guess it depends on ones personal opinion on how they view titles from the modern era vs the old titles. I personally think the modern era should hold more weight for a number of factors, but at the same time its not like the teams/players from back then could control how the tourney was ran, some teams choosing to play in the NIT, integration of black players etc. They played the teams that were put in front of them and won the tourney, so I can see it both ways.
Yeah I mean I think people get too hung up on the whole blue blood thing. Supposed to be those of nobility birth. UofL basically being a mid major most of its life doesn't support that.

I agree, plus as time goes on if we start promoting more and more programs as blue bloods if they have success, blue blood status loses some its luster anyways, imo. Its meant to be the elite of the elite.

a question for another day is can one lose blue blood status? How long would, for example, duke have to be medicore under JS (hypothetically) to lose that status. I think the other 4 are safe regardless sans maybe ucla. But hard to keep them out as long as they got the most nattys imo, even if they did win most of them in a short time period.

I agree, plus as time goes on if we start promoting more and more programs as blue bloods if they have success, blue blood status loses some its luster anyways, imo. Its meant to be the elite of the elite.

a question for another day is can one lose blue blood status? How long would, for example, duke have to be medicore under JS (hypothetically) to lose that status. I think the other 4 are safe regardless sans maybe ucla. But hard to keep them out as long as they got the most nattys imo, even if they did win most of them in a short time period.
Imo elite and blue blood are separate. Blue bloods are born in nobility, upper class from the beginning. Duke didn't win a title until 1991, IU had all 5 of theirs at that point. Kansas has 3 titles with long spans in between. UCLA can attribute most of their history to one man. IMO Kentucky and UNC are the only two you can't find a fault with. Again I still find it silly as to how much recent success is considered for a term meant to be about old money. How old is old money? How old is too old?

To each his own, I guess. To me, she's just a blabbering LuLu from the hills spouting nonsense.

Imo elite and blue blood are separate. Blue bloods are born in nobility, upper class from the beginning. Duke didn't win a title until 1991, IU had all 5 of theirs at that point. Kansas has 3 titles with long spans in between. UCLA can attribute most of their history to one man. IMO Kentucky and UNC are the only two you can't find a fault with. Again I still find it silly as to how much recent success is considered for a term meant to be about old money. How old is old money? How old is too old?
Totally agree, thats why i said the elite of the elite. Above elite.

But while i cant even name the exact year, whats considered the “modern era” is pretty universal. And i just think its harder to win a title in a 64 team tourney than a 16 team tourney but again its not the programs that won the trophies fault that thats how it was back then. They played the games and won the games so again i can see it both ways.

regardless just my opinion, not a hill i wanna die on.

Reactions: IUBtown
You way down there, Della

You wonder why people on here treat you foul.
Not going to do that, Della
But you say some outlandish stuff
You have come into this thread first to post about me and then to take a swipe at Tennessee in a thread titled about blue bloods, so for me to take Umbridge with that and take a shot at Texas seems fitting to me.

Tennessee is ranked #12 in AP preseason and currently has #3 rated recruiting class in 247, so me claiming that the Vols should be pretty good if everything comes together isn't much of a stretch.

To each his own, I guess. To me, she's just a blabbering LuLu from the hills spouting nonsense.
I agree with the notion to each their own. I read you as a rather dense UK fan that lashes out against phantom attacks that don't exist.

Pure BS. This thread is your modus operandi ...if you know what that means.
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar JC. I thought it was an interesting topic considering all the change in College athletics. I just posed a question for discussion.

Bringing up a five day old post only to prove absolutely no point at all

giphy.gif
I'll admit two things.....

I didn't read through the whole thread. I stopped at your post because quoting your post and saying what I said, about encompasses the exact argument needed to be made......that the blue bloods had their time. SmokinSmile

The rest was just extra stuff I didn't wanna bothered sifting through.

The other thing I'll admit is that I don't truthfully give a f*** how Kentucky does. Never have. Not in your title years, and certainly not when you fail to win despite Calipari's best "efforts" to buy a championship winning team with ALL the one-and-doners (yes, all of them). ;)

If I'm gonna go out of my way to hate on a team and not want them to win a championship.....Kentucky is not even in the top 3 on my list.

You should take that as a compliment. SmokinSmile

ADVERTISEMENT