ADVERTISEMENT

indiana is an NIT team

giphy.gif

Why do you care so much. Not in your conference. Not a rival.

What brings you to the decision to make this post when they havent been relevant for years and you just won a NC and are ranked #1 pre season.
They are one of college basketballs most storied programs and this is a college basketball board. I don’t think he cares more than the average fan, just making an observation.

They are one of college basketballs most storied programs and this is a college basketball board. I don’t think he cares more than the average fan, just making an observation.
Good one. I needed a laugh today.

What brings you to the decision to make this post when they havent been relevant for years and you just won a NC and are ranked #1 pre season.
There are people who only follow their own team , and then there are college basketball fans, people who watch any and every game. People who check bart torvik and kenpom daily. People who love college basketball. Last time I checked this is for college basketball fans of the game who can have lots of knowledge. Sorry you're an angry bird who is butt hurt. Why don't you go back to your home board if you're only looking to talk about your own team...

Back to the topic. KU fans were pissed about Mgbako . We have a discord with insiders from Duke and an NBA scout. Duke fans said the staff did not want him due to attitude. And the scout has been saying he isn't good. His ranking was based on his JR year of HS and he has regressed.

I also firmly believe Woodson sucks.

There are people who only follow their own team , and then there are college basketball fans, people who watch any and every game. People who check bart torvik and kenpom daily. People who love college basketball. Last time I checked this is for college basketball fans of the game who can have lots of knowledge. Sorry you're an angry bird who is butt hurt. Why don't you go back to your home board if you're only looking to talk about your own team...

Back to the topic. KU fans were pissed about Mgbako . We have a discord with insiders from Duke and an NBA scout. Duke fans said the staff did not want him due to attitude. And the scout has been saying he isn't good. His ranking was based on his JR year of HS and he has regressed.

Sorry you don’t like my opinion. Sucks for you.

No one with a shred of objectivity and a shred of knowledge would make an "observation" like this.

He would be a great Ky fan with this enbittered crap.

LOL What a troll.

You would be a great Ky fan.

In general, the higher opinion a fan base has of its own program’s status, the more randos will laugh at it, lol … especially if that perception is underserved, lol.

Indiana 69 Florida Gulf Coast 63. Lead changed many times. Close till the end
Sort of right.

FCGU lead 48-42 with 13 minutes left. IU went on 14-0 run. Led by as many as 11. Led by 10 with 1:15 left, then nearly shit the bed.

Lot of new pieces. Not gonna jump off the bridge over one game with 3 new starters, with two who were not even on the roster last season: Ware/Mgbako.

Reactions: KisteK
What happened? Did they play last night? What stood out?
Offense was very sluggish. Defense was good, and at times, really good. Left shooters to much, and FCGU hit 13 threes. IU was awful from the line, again...Like 10-18 in first half.

Just didn't play well. But to be expected. Lost TJD, Race, Kopp and JHS. Three new starters. Start 2 sophs and frehsman. First two off the was a soph(Gunn) and a freshman(Cupps).

IU will struggle early. But certainly have the parts to be a pretty good team.

Was this before or after he committed to Indiana?

Every single scouting report I have read has never insinuated, "he isn't good".

Ya know how childish this sounds?

Was this before or after he committed to Indiana?

Every single scouting report I have read has never insinuated, "he isn't good".

Ya know how childish this sounds?
Both. Despite what the scout said I wanted Mgbako. Heard his parents are too much as well. Duke wasn't having it.

I am not a IU hater. I have been on record saying college ball is at its peak when KU, UNC, UK, UCLA,, Indiana and duke are all good at the same time.

I was a fan of the 2013 IU team too

Both. Despite what the scout said I wanted Mgbako. Heard his parents are too much as well. Duke wasn't having it.

I am not a IU hater. I have been on record saying college ball is at its peak when KU, UNC, UK, UCLA,, Indiana and duke are all good at the same time.

You've been hating on Indiana since they got Mgbako. At least own up to it.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Simply clueless.

When Mgbako figures it out, more so defensively, dude is gonna be a problem. Not explosive, but explosive enough. Very good shooter....and a nightmare match-up on defense.

If his parents were, "too much:---why offer him the scholarship---and he committed as well. I mean to committ , Duke had to say, "OK"---Right? I have seen multiple NBA scouts rave on the kid,. And the eye test is pretty good as well. I think we will keep him.

When Mgbako figures it out, more so defensively, dude is gonna be a problem. Not explosive, but explosive enough. Very good shooter....and a nightmare match-up on defense.

If his parents were, "too much:---why offer him the scholarship---and he committed as well. I mean to committ , Duke had to say, "OK"---Right? I have seen multiple NBA scouts rave on the kid,. And the eye test is pretty good as well. I think we will keep him.
Problem with good freshmen that are being depended on to start and carry a heavy load is, by the time they figure it out, how many losses has the team sustained and how much damage is done to your NCAAT seeding?

The game is much more physical now and coaches are spreading the court more, it takes time for young guys to get up to speed. Yeah, they might figure it out by tournament time, but now you're a 6, 7, or 8 seed and your road is a lot more difficult than it could have been and this is their first NCAAT, the lights are really bright in that tournament and freshmen tend to crumble, especially those that have NBA aspirations.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Before he committed to Indiana he was penciled in as a starter for by your words possible preseason #1 Duke and a starter for projected 23-24 champs Kansas.
Mark Mitchell announced his return. Proctor is returning.

I hear Filipowski may return.

What's going on with Lively and Dariq. I am going to assume they leave (if not my God)

May be looking at

Filipowski
Mitchell
Mgbako
Proctor
Roach

Bench

McCain
Stewart
Power
Blakes
Young

That may be preseason 1 right?

C. 7'1 Senior former 4 star Hunter Dickinson - 22-23 stats 18.5 PPG 9.5 RPG 1.8 BPG
PF 6'7 Junior former 4 star KJ Adams - 22-23 stats 10.6 PPG 4.3 RPG 1.9 APG
F 6'8 Freshman 5 star Mackenzie MgBako - Ranked 8 in rivals 2023 class
G 6'3 Sophemore former 5 star Arterio Morris - 22-23 stats 11 MPG 4.6 PPG
G 6'1 Sophemore former 4 star DeJuan Harris - 22-23 stats 9 PPG 6.2 APG 2.2 SPG

Bench

C 6'10 Sophmore former 5 star recruit Ernest Udeh - 22-23 stats 8 MPG 2.6 PPG 1.8 RPG
G 6'4 Senior transfer guard unranked Nic TImberlake - 22-23 stats 17.7 PPG
G 6'3 Freshman 5 star composite Elmarko Jackson Ranked 24 on rivals

3 other 4 star freshmen Chris Johnson, Marcus Adams and Jamari McDowell

Y'all about to get boned

After he's committed to IU.
Ware couldn't start on Oregon, Mgbako is unproven and you have nothing else. Good luck in the NIT

Been saying it all off season. Woodson can't coach. Your best player is average at best. Mgbako isn't an nba player

You can always point out the dumb dumbs.

I can't name a single KU player

I have no idea if they have played a game yet or not.

Yet, the KU and Ky fans know every detail about the IU team.

Imagine if IU actually mattered to them...

• Haha
Reactions: ThePhog08
In all seriousness FGCU isn't a bad team this year are they?
110-160 range most likely

No big deal, they earned the W.
Prob figured out a great deal about what they need to focus on, early bad games happen.

Reactions: CB3UK
Before he committed to Indiana he was penciled in as a starter for by your words possible preseason #1 Duke and a starter for projected 23-24 champs Kansas.

After he's committed to IU.

You can always point out the dumb dumbs.
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT