ADVERTISEMENT

IMO Missouri and Kansas would fit the Big 10 perfect

Ahh yes, playing 10 games and a committee places the best looking teams to play for a title.

I'd have loved that for KU Hoops in the late 90s to early 00s..
insert infinite eye rollage

Fruit Salad
Let me know when nebraska football in the mid 90s lost to teams like vcu, northern iowa, and bucknell

• Haha
Reactions: all4theillini
Let me know when nebraska football in the mid 90s lost to teams like vcu, northern iowa, and bucknell
It's a dumb as hell comparison, for many reasons. You can admit it. If CBB used the same format, plenty of programs could have won 3 titles in 4 years.

Btw, you might notice that she said late 90s to early 2000s. I don't think anyone considers the team that lost to Bucknell one of KU's best.

The equivalent would have been Kansas football beating them
KU beat them by 40 and dropped 76 on them just a few years before they joined the B1G. 😆

Hence, the stupidity of comparing the state of Nebraska football when they joined the B1G to KU basketball. Yet you goons continue to double down.

KU beat them by 40 and dropped 76 on them just a few years before they joined the B1G. 😆

Hence, the stupidity of comparing the state of Nebraska football when they joined the B1G to KU basketball. Yet you goons continue to double down.
Wtf are you talking about? We were specifically talking about 90s era nebraska and no Kansas didn’t come close to that. I was never talking about when they joined the big 10. Nice goal post move though

Wtf are you talking about? We were specifically talking about 90s era nebraska and no Kansas didn’t come close to that. I was never talking about when they joined the big 10. Nice goal post move though

No, you clowns moved the goal posts by bringing up 90s Nebraska. Has nothing to do with the original point.

No, the original question was about what Nebraska was when they joined the B1G. Somebody then tried to backpeddle by talking about what Nebraska was 15 years earlier.
The equivalent would have been Kansas football beating them
Which they did, just before making the move.

This place is basically equal to reading sub tweets, only I'm not offered night mode.

.. wait, do we have night mode now?

No, the original question was about what Nebraska was when they joined the B1G. Somebody then tried to backpeddle by talking about what Nebraska was 15 years earlier.

Which they did, just before making the move.
I am not concnerned with what the original question was. My point the whole time is that Kansas basketball has never had a stretch like nebraska football had in that 90/ period

I am not concnerned with what the original question was. My point the whole time is that Kansas basketball has never had a stretch like nebraska football had in that 90/ period
Yeah, you've got a habit of interjecting completely irrelevant opinions. I'm expecting you to pull out "my dad could beat up your dad!" soon.

Reactions: HawksJ
Yeah, you've got a habit of interjecting completely irrelevant opinions. I'm expecting you to pull out "my dad could beat up your dad!" soon.
No I have habit of pointing out where you selectively pick time frames

No I have habit of pointing out where you selectively pick time frames
Why do you still not understand this?

A KU fan said that KU would own the Big 10. Illinois guy said he can remember when Nebraska fans boasted that they'd own the Big 10. I said it's a pretty bad comparison. He said "yeah, errr, because Nebraska was way more intimidating and respected."

Obviously no one in their right mind was intimidated by Nebraska at that point or expected them to dominate the Big 10.

Then you pop in with your irrelevant selective time frame, and now you're telling me I'm selectively timeframing. 🤣

Reactions: KisteK and HawksJ
Why do you still not understand this?

A KU fan said that KU would own the Big 10. Illinois guy said he can remember when Nebraska fans boasted that they'd own the Big 10. I said it's a pretty bad comparison. He said "yeah, errr, because Nebraska was way more intimidating and respected."

Obviously no one in their right mind was intimidated by Nebraska at that point or expected them to dominate the Big 10.

Then you pop in with your irrelevant selective time frame, and now you're telling me I'm selectively timeframing. 🤣
You literally tried to claim Kansas basketball was more dominant than nebraska football historically. Then picked a small time frame to try and prove a point to me. Nice try though

You literally tried to claim Kansas basketball was more dominant than nebraska football historically. Then picked a small time frame to try and prove a point to me. Nice try though

I literally didn't. You have serious reading comprehension issues. The comparison was the state of Nebraska when they entered the Big 10 to the current state of KU b-ball.

But now that you mention it, yeah, KU is a better program historically too.

Reactions: KisteK and HawksJ
I literally didn't. You have serious reading comprehension issues. The comparison was the state of Nebraska when they entered the Big 10 to the current state of KU b-ball.

But now that you mention it, yeah, KU is a better program historically too.
Not they aren’t. By the way does Kansas do anything else good? I never see you guy mentioned in any other sport

Not they aren’t. By the way does Kansas do anything else good? I never see you guy mentioned in any other sport
LOL. Nebraska has a losing record in bowl games and they’ve been mediocre outside of a few really solid decades. Nice try.

I couldn’t care less about any college sports other than the big two. I literally never follow them whatsoever.

LOL. Nebraska has a losing record in bowl games and they’ve been mediocre outside of a few really solid decades. Nice try.

I couldn’t care less about any college sports other than the big two. I literally never follow them whatsoever.
Only care about the big 2 huh? You are the worst football program in the entire power 5

Only care about the big 2 huh? You are the worst football program in the entire power 5
Maybe. Good thing I have the Chiefs.

Every team/franchise I follow other than KU football has won big in recent years. And even KU won an Orange Bowl around the same time that Auburn last won something of note.

Do you think I want to trade sports teams with you?

Maybe. Good thing I have the Chiefs.

Every team/franchise I follow other than KU football has won big in recent years. And even KU won an Orange Bowl around the same time that Auburn last won something of note.

Do you think I want to trade sports teams with you?
Something of note? Auburn has Played for multiple national titles since Kansas played in rush orange bowl. Nice try though. You life in perhaps the most boring state in the country . Your pro teams don’t even want to play in your state. They opt for Missouri.

• Haha
Something of note? Auburn has Played for multiple national titles since Kansas played in rush orange bowl. Nice try though. You life in perhaps the most boring state in the country . Your pro teams don’t even want to play in your state. They opt for Missouri.

Your smack talk somehow gets worse with every post. 😂

Dude, you make some valid points but give it up. You are never going to win with these dim bulbs. Let then think what they want.

Yes. Yes!!!! Kansas basketball is the end all, be all and every conference should want them. Big Ten, SEC, EPL, Bundesliga, etc.

Reactions: Benjamin2008
Dude, you make some valid points but give it up. You are never going to win with these dim bulbs. Let then think what they want.

Yes. Yes!!!! Kansas basketball is the end all, be all and every conference should want them. Big Ten, SEC, EPL, Bundesliga, etc.
Speaking of dim bulbs…why does it matter how wanted they are? Does that mean that Self wouldn’t slap Illinois around like a red-headed stepchild if it came to be?

Sorry to burst your wheat-filled, God awful I70 bubble but have never looked back from Bill.

Tell us dim bulbs, what could Kansas possibly bring to the B1G except basketball and substandard academics?

• Haha
Sorry to burst your wheat-filled, God awful I70 bubble but have never looked back from Bill.

Tell us dim bulbs, what could Kansas possibly bring to the B1G except basketball and substandard academics?
KU is solid academically so I wouldn’t go there.

And you think that reflects the academic strength of a school?! LOL!!
I was trying to be nice and not embarrass them by getting into the academic rankings. But since that’s where you appear to be going, even a cursory search shows they’d be in the bottom two of B1G schools.
So again, aside from hoops and substandard academics what does KU bring to the table?

Give me ND & Pitt and call it a day.

I frankly don't care. We leave the bragging about TV markets to fans of shitty programs like yourself. Because what else do you have? You've done nothing in basketball since 2005 and your football program's a joke.

What does any of this have to do with Bill Self vs your coaches/programs? You're a dipshit of the highest order. 🤣

I frankly don't care. We leave the bragging about TV markets to fans of shitty programs like yourself. Because what else do you have? You've done nothing in basketball since 2005 and your football program's a joke.

What does any of this have to do with Bill Self vs your coaches/programs? You're a dipshit of the highest order. 🤣
Happy Easter to you too, Junior.

• Haha
Reactions: ExitFlagger
Mizzou probably would have made the poor decision to join the Big Ten had the Big Ten not offered a Junior Membership. Mizzou told them to go to hell. There were people in Mizzou Admin that wanted the Big Ten. Good thing for Mizzou that didn't happen....SEC is better for recruiting for Mizzou. No way Mizzou would ever leave the SEC.....so I don't know why people start these threads.

Mizzou probably would have made the poor decision to join the Big Ten had the Big Ten not offered a Junior Membership. Mizzou told them to go to hell. There were people in Mizzou Admin that wanted the Big Ten. Good thing for Mizzou that didn't happen....SEC is better for recruiting for Mizzou. No way Mizzou would ever leave the SEC.....so I don't know why people start these threads.
Agreed that they wouldn’t leave the SEC but don’t you think they would be much more successful in the big ten from an athletic standpoint.

I am not sure any team is doing better athletically since leaving the big 12. You could argue Texas A&M. I say that hoping KU goes to the Big Ten.

Agreed that they wouldn’t leave the SEC but don’t you think they would be much more successful in the big ten from an athletic standpoint.

I am not sure any team is doing better athletically since leaving the big 12. You could argue Texas A&M. I say that hoping KU goes to the Big Ten.
Mizzou won the SEC East Twice and was one win away from the National Title in 2013. Basketball has been bad because of bad coaching hires. New Football coach has pulled in Top 25 and Top 12 recruiting class.....that never would happen if they were in the Big Ten.

You are a great board avatar for my stereotype of a Misery fan, lol … welcome.

Mizzou won the SEC East Twice and was one win away from the National Title in 2013. Basketball has been bad because of bad coaching hires. New Football coach has pulled in Top 25 and Top 12 recruiting class.....that never would happen if they were in the Big Ten.
The initial SEC success was very short lived and was primarily built on a team that was in the big 12 and Gary Pinkel. Those two initial teams were good but that had absolutely nothing to do with being in the SEC and recruiting.

The irony here is Mizzou absolutely begged the B10 for inclusion, and the B10 said no.

Speaking of Mizzou----Just signed a local kid that played along side Langford in HS: Sean East. This kid is really good. Wish Indiana had went after him from Day 1. Very, very overshadowed by Langford in HS. Great shooter...can handle the ball, and very quick. He will start for Mizzou from Day 1.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I never said squat about ISU until you brought it up as a defense mechanism. The conversation was all about KU as you were making false claims about KU, and I set you straight. You apparently didn’t like the corrected narrative, so you attempted to disparage ISU without having a clue about what you were stating.

If you can’t take the heat, stay out of the kitchen!
You didn’t set any record straight. I destroyed your argument every single time. All you ever did was show how bad you are at math.

ADVERTISEMENT