ADVERTISEMENT

If Anyone but Trump Were Elected POTUS

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lebron James was just interviewed by the dumbest man on television, Don Lemon. He made Lebron look smart, which isn’t easy to do. I like Mike!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@RealDonaldTrump) <a href=" ">August 4, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
While I don’t agree with Trump commenting on this stuff or people like he does, I actually kind of love it. Don Lemon is a racist hack and Bron Bron just came off as an uneducated, intolerant asshole. If he attacks the president, I’m fine with him hitting back. That’s my opinion, of course. I do commend him for his work with under privileged children.

Reactions: JimboBBN
While I don’t agree with Trump commenting on this stuff or people like he does, I actually kind of love it. Don Lemon is a racist hack and Bron Bron just came off as an uneducated, intolerant asshole. If he attacks the president, I’m fine with him hitting back. That’s my opinion, of course. I do commend him for his work with under privileged children.
I don’t mind the tweet at all. LeBron has done plenty to divide the country as far as sports go. He called all the people who voted for Trump uneducated. Have you heard the guy talk? He’s not the brightest.

I don’t mind the tweet at all. LeBron has done plenty to divide the country as far as sports go. He called all the people who voted for Trump uneducated. Have you heard the guy talk? He’s not the brightest.
Yup. Anyone who’s really looking to make things better around the country wouldn’t turn down an opportunity to talk with the president. Look at Kim Kardashian. I’m not a fan of hers, but she had an issue, took it to the president and he listened and helped. The fact Lebron said he wouldn’t even sit down with the president tells me all I need to know about him. Well, that and how poorly he speaks...

Reactions: JimboBBN
That’s right. Nothing to fear. Be a good citizen. Follow the law. If confronted by police, do what they ask/say. You’ll be fine. End of story.
You missed my follow-up.
Still oppressed today by systemic racism? Sorry Datt, I’m going to need to see actual examples of racism holding down the AA population. Otherwise, your comment is nothing more than an excuse.
We've been through this before. You reject every example.
Try this. Or if you want to pretend it is completely irrelevant b/c it's Canadian, here's one specific to the US justice system. Or a 3-minute video: And here's one from a fellow conservative, which is probably the only one you'll accept. Eyeroll

I've also told you that systemic racism IS largely intangible, b/c it can result from even well-intended measures. It's not about a single person spouting racial slurs on a street corner. It's insidious, which is why it's so difficult to root out and eradicate, or in your case, recognize it.

You missed my follow-up.

We've been through this before. You reject every example.
Try this. Or if you want to pretend it is completely irrelevant b/c it's Canadian, here's one specific to the US justice system. Or a 3-minute video: And here's one from a fellow conservative, which is probably the only one you'll accept. Eyeroll

I've also told you that systemic racism IS largely intangible, b/c it can result from even well-intended measures. It's not about a single person spouting racial slurs on a street corner. It's insidious, which is why it's so difficult to root out and eradicate, or in your case, recognize it.
Sorry, still don’t see it.

Yup. Anyone who’s really looking to make things better around the country wouldn’t turn down an opportunity to talk with the president. Look at Kim Kardashian. I’m not a fan of hers, but she had an issue, took it to the president and he listened and helped. The fact Lebron said he wouldn’t even sit down with the president tells me all I need to know about him. Well, that and how poorly he speaks...
Pretty much, man. But yea, totally agree that he’s done some wonderful things with his time and money. Can’t take that away from him. Also can’t deny he’s being pretty hypocritical with his claims about president Trump.

Reactions: SNU0821
Dividing the country "as far as sports go" is nothing compared to how politicians divide the country in practically every other way, and our President even does it more "as far as sports go."

Did he really say "all"? Was it hyperbole? Y'all love not taking our President too seriously for what he says; why wouldn't you give Lebron the same leeway?

You're applying one very trivial mark of intelligence/education based on narrow and exclusionary cultural norms. Same question as above: transcripts of our President's speeches are often incoherent; do you judge the way he talks as harshly? I can start correcting your grammar, if you'd like, but I'd rather not.

I like the division of people. It's healthy to argue. Monopolises suck.

If err body just agreed UK ist the best Other teams would give up.

Codi-Butts-824.jpg

Reactions: KYtotheCore
Dividing the country "as far as sports go" is nothing compared to how politicians divide the country in practically every other way, and our President even does it more "as far as sports go."

Did he really say "all"? Was it hyperbole? Y'all love not taking our President too seriously for what he says; why wouldn't you give Lebron the same leeway?

You're applying one very trivial mark of intelligence/education based on narrow and exclusionary cultural norms. Same question as above: transcripts of our President's speeches are often incoherent; do you judge the way he talks as harshly? I can start correcting your grammar, if you'd like, but I'd rather not.
@Dattier there is no way you think Duke is better than UK all time.

NFL-LeBron-James-bad-grammar.jpg

Do whatever makes your heart smile, Dat.

NFL-LeBron-James-bad-grammar.jpg

Do whatever makes your heart smile, Dat.
LJ using his resources to give back is great. Trying to accuse others of being uneducated while butchering the English language like a 15 yr old 6th grader is head shakingly idiotic. It’s as bad as trumps misuse of adjectives like he has had 40 concussions and then insist on telling people how smart he is.

Actually, it involves my professional experience and expertise, and my community work. I will put my understanding of it up against yours any day.

It's called an allusion. Tell me some more about how following the law is the end-all, be-all of advice.
Your experience is pretty small scale isn’t it? You’re using the same info I use to persuade you how terrible Obamacare actually is....but you dismiss my professional experience at the drop of a hat.

And tell me how not following lawful orders ever ends up in something positive. You really advocate what comes out of your mouth? It’s silly.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Your experience is pretty small scale isn’t it? You’re using the same info I use to persuade you how terrible Obamacare actually is....but you dismiss my professional experience at the drop of a hat.

And tell me how not following lawful orders ever ends up in something positive. You really advocate what comes out of your mouth? It’s silly.
I've never dismissed your position on Obamacare nor your experience in that area. I never endorsed anyone's not obeying the law.

Like "personal responsibility," "follow the law" is a no-brainer. It insults people's intelligence and impedes focusing on problems beyond the individual. Philando Castile was reaching for his CCP as directed by a police officer when the officer's partner shot him. Levar Jones was shot while reaching for his wallet by the exact same officer who requested his ID. John Crawford, Richard Black, and Tamir Rice never got the chance to follow an officer's orders. That's before we even start getting into those people who didn't follow lawful orders -- it's true; yes, it's true -- but for whom death shouldn't have even been a risk: Walter Scott, Terence Crutcher, Alton Sterling, Stephan Clark, Eric Garner, Laquan McDonald, and more.

Not following lawful orders does not excuse more severe consequences than it warrants (add Sandra Bland, Dajerria Becton, Daniel Shaver, too), and following the law doesn't always do the trick (add Reuben Galindo, Elijah Smith, too). Boiling it down to "follow law" or "personal responsibility" at the expense of anything more is stupid and negligent.

Your opinion of Obamacare involves your professional experience and expertise, but Dattier will still but his knowledge about it over yours because Datt is super smart.

LJ using his resources to give back is great. Trying to accuse others of being uneducated while butchering the English language like a 15 yr old 6th grader is head shakingly idiotic. It’s as bad as trumps misuse of adjectives like he has had 40 concussions and then insist on telling people how smart he is.
So when you can't really address the content, police the grammar?

I've never dismissed your position on Obamacare nor your experience in that area. I never endorsed anyone's not obeying the law.

Like "personal responsibility," "follow the law" is a no-brainer. It insults people's intelligence and impedes focusing on problems beyond the individual. Philando Castile was reaching for his CCP as directed by a police officer when the officer's partner shot him. Levar Jones was shot while reaching for his wallet by the exact same officer who requested his ID. John Crawford, Richard Black, and Tamir Rice never got the chance to follow an officer's orders. That's before we even start getting into those people who didn't follow lawful orders -- it's true; yes, it's true -- but for whom death shouldn't have even been a risk: Walter Scott, Terence Crutcher, Alton Sterling, Stephan Clark, Eric Garner, Laquan McDonald, and more.

Not following lawful orders does not excuse more severe consequences than it warrants (add Sandra Bland, Dajerria Becton, Daniel Shaver, too), and following the law doesn't always do the trick (add Reuben Galindo, Elijah Smith, too). Boiling it down to "follow law" or "personal responsibility" at the expense of anything more is stupid and negligent.
There are two incidents in all that you listed that shouldn’t have happened (Castile and Jones) out of the millions and millions of interactions with people every year. The rest didn’t follow orders and ultimately paid the price for it. Again, follow orders and you’ll be fine.

Several have addressed the content. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean we haven’t.

Again, for someone like Lebron to say that he’s about bringing people together and then turn around and not even want to talk with the president is pure idiotic. I’ve lost basically all respect for Lebron. It shows how intolerant some people really are.

The content was addressed and it’s great. Particularly in an argument with trump considering his trump university.

But if one guy attacks the other and then is shocked when he gets attacked back??? Nah....not a big deal. The potus should stay the **** off of Twitter and not engage back against silly barbs—-and I think lebron was counting on that. I don’t care for lbj bc he, like trump, has some weird need for people to think of him as philosophical and intelligent....neither look or sound educated in the manner any high school graduate should have mastered. I’ve grilled trump about it, why wouldn’t I make fun of some dude talking about others being uneducated while sounding like a total reject. Fair game isn’t it.

Also...I’d like to see who else has contributed to this project. How was James paying for this and keeping it going. Anybody else donating?

There are two incidents in all that you listed that shouldn’t have happened (Castile and Jones) out of the millions and millions of interactions with people every year. The rest didn’t follow orders and ultimately paid the price for it. Again, follow orders and you’ll be fine.
Like "personal responsibility," "follow the law" is a no-brainer. It insults people's intelligence and impedes focusing on problems beyond the individual...
Not following lawful orders does not excuse more severe consequences than it warrants... Boiling it down to "follow law" or "personal responsibility" at the expense of anything more is stupid and negligent.

Several have addressed the content. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean we haven’t.
The content was addressed and it’s great.
I stand corrected.

...neither look or sound educated in the manner any high school graduate should have mastered. I’ve grilled trump about it, why wouldn’t I make fun of some dude talking about others being uneducated while sounding like a total reject. Fair game isn’t it.
You're right. It's even-steven, whether it's fair or not.

It shows how intolerant some people really are.
Not really. It shows how intolerant our President is. Intolerance of intolerance isn't the same thing.

I don’t care for lbj bc he, like trump, has some weird need for people to think of him as philosophical and intelligent...
Why is it always that people are trying to look a certain way, as opposed to showing who they really are? You do that a lot.

I have far, far more trust in Lebron's integrity and intellect than in our President's.

@Dattier - Not following lawful orders opens up the realm of more extreme measures in order to get those people to comply. They bring it on themselves by simply NOT following orders.

I stand corrected.

You're right. It's even-steven, whether it's fair or not.

Not really. It shows how intolerant our President is. Intolerance of intolerance isn't the same thing.

Why is it always that people are trying to look a certain way, as opposed to showing who they really are? You do that a lot.

I have far, far more trust in Lebron's integrity and intellect than in our President's.
You think I try to present myself a certain way while not showing how I truly am? I feel like I’m pretty straight forward. So shoot it straight...

In my 18 years in Atlanta, I've interviewed many people of all skin colors. I had exactly 1 black apply for a job and I selected him for an interview based on the skills presented in the resume. This was Atlanta where there are many ways to continue one's education. Why didn't I see more black candidates in a city where the black population is the majority and education is abundant?

There is no possible way Donald Trump’s team actually believes this is their path to 270

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-to-270/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.ba6e52bfbfac

No Matter How You Cut It, Trump Is 3 Electoral Votes Short of a Path to Victory

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...e-different-paths-to-270-electoral-votes.html

Trump won’t win. In fact, the US could be on the brink of a liberal renaissance

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ant-win-election-america-political-earthquake

Relax, Donald Trump Can’t Win
Even before you get to his campaign’s incompetence and lackluster fundraising, the numbers just aren’t on his side.

https://www.thenation.com/article/trump-cant-win/

Can Donald Trump win the election? Here’s the mathematical reason why it’s impossible for him to become President

https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...-electoral-college-swing-states-a7402351.html

Trump Has to Choose: Lose Like Dukakis, or Like Goldwater

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/08/trump-dukakis-goldwater/496625/

Donald Trump Just Lost The Election

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-trump-just-lost-the-election

Donald Trump may find a place in history — by losing just that badly
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...662adaa0048_story.html?utm_term=.c47d1705bc35

Donald Trump’s chances of winning are approaching zero
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-are-approaching-zero/?utm_term=.d003f2dada62

David Brooks: It Is Accepted "Fact" That Trump Will Lose; "Inner Bitterness Coming To The Surface In Unattractive Ways"
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...ming_to_the_surface_in_unattractive_ways.html

Right now polls show Donald Trump losing every single swing state
https://www.vox.com/2016/8/15/12455240/donald-trump-polls-today

Why Donald Trump Has Already Lost
http://time.com/4533794/donald-trump-women-support/

trumpfaces.gif

You think I try to present myself a certain way while not showing how I truly am? I feel like I’m pretty straight forward. So shoot it straight...
No, you accuse others of doing that a lot. You just did it with Lebron (and Trump, too, for that matter).

@Dattier - Not following lawful orders opens up the realm of more extreme measures in order to get those people to comply. They bring it on themselves by simply NOT following orders.
Everyone knows that. That's not an excuse that covers any and every outcome. That Walter Scott shouldn't have been in a situation where he was running away from a police officer does not mean he brought being shot 8 times in the back upon himself. People can fall short of sainthood and not deserve to be touched, let alone killed.

In my 18 years in Atlanta, I've interviewed many people of all skin colors. I had exactly 1 black apply for a job and I selected him for an interview based on the skills presented in the resume. This was Atlanta where there are many ways to continue one's education. Why didn't I see more black candidates in a city where the black population is the majority and education is abundant?
What's the field?
Were there many black people already working there?
Was it a mayonnaise company? Black people hate mayonnaise.

Reactions: I am stupid
Everyone knows that. That's not an excuse that covers any and every outcome. That Walter Scott shouldn't have been in a situation where he was running away from a police officer does not mean he brought being shot 8 times in the back upon himself. People can fall short of sainthood and not deserve to be touched, let alone killed.
You’re right on Walter Scott to a point. BUT, had he not chosen to run from the cops he wouldn’t have been in that situation. Blame goes on both sides. Knowing that cops can use deadly force and it’s a judgement call, why not just do what the cops tell you to do? Personal responsibility.

What's the field?
Were there many black people already working there?
Was it a mayonnaise company? Black people hate mayonnaise.

I kept it anonymous as the questions you asked were what I thought they would be and they're not relevant.... I figured you would ask if he got the job too lol....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT