ADVERTISEMENT

If Anyone but Trump Were Elected POTUS

KYtotheCore

Jan 5, 2010
Anytown, USA
(either democrat or republican) what do you think the state of things would look like right now?

a8V.gif

UnimportantBoldIraniangroundjay.gif

Reactions: Mac9192
It still would totally depend on the individual.

Ted Cruz would be pushing more Tea Party stuff.
Jeb Bush and John Kasich would have cured insomnia
Hillary would be close to Obama's line, sometimes more liberal, sometimes more moderate. Merrick Garland would be in his rightful spot on SCOTUS. Progressives wouldn't be happy, but would recognize she was as good as it gets for now.
Bernie would be pushing much more progressive stuff but wouldn't be getting much of it through Congress.

Reactions: wildcatsboston1984
It still would totally depend on the individual.

Ted Cruz would be pushing more Tea Party stuff.
Jeb Bush and John Kasich would have cured insomnia
Hillary would be close to Obama's line, sometimes more liberal, sometimes more moderate. Merrick Garland would be in his rightful spot on SCOTUS. Progressives wouldn't be happy, but would recognize she was as good as it gets for now.
Bernie would be pushing much more progressive stuff but wouldn't be getting much of it through Congress.
That would suck.

Reactions: pisgah101
Oh...a lot of things would be the same, just different people yelling. Issues would be overlooked by those who are outraged now and vice versa. Kinda shows how fickle some of these "major issues" are. Either winner was going to go thru hell and back and be hated by a large portion of people.

If bernie sanders would have duped enough people to vote for him I do believe things would be way worse.....and a few things would have caused damage that was irreversible. Hilary would have been more of the same with obama which means the world wouldn't end---just like trump being POTUS.

Reactions: SNU0821
Oh...a lot of things would be the same, just different people yelling. Issues would be overlooked by those who are outraged now and vice versa. Kinda shows how fickle some of these "major issues" are. Either winner was going to go thru hell and back and be hated by a large portion of people.

Its never about issues for the majority. Its about the group's beliefs and the followers of said group. Doesn't matter if the group's beliefs are rational or irrational. People of the group believe what they're taught to believe. Bickering will always exist. We're turning into a bickering, whiny nation of groups.

Reactions: toonces11

If bernie sanders would have duped enough people to vote for him I do believe things would be way worse.....and a few things would have caused damage that was irreversible. Hilary would have been more of the same with obama which means the world wouldn't end---just like trump being POTUS.
The obstruction and hatred President Obama faced was worse than any previous President, despite being incredibly poised and dignified. President Trump's personal conduct has had a direct impact on the level of combativeness we see now.

Its never about issues for the majority. Its about the group's beliefs and the followers of said group. Doesn't matter if the group's beliefs are rational or irrational. People of the group believe what they're taught to believe. Bickering will always exist. We're turning into a bickering, whiny nation of groups.
I still think its surprising how many political warriors will readily flip on an issue if it means supporting their "side". Lots of experts out there these days.

The obstruction and hatred President Obama faced was worse than any previous President, despite being incredibly poised and dignified. President Trump's personal conduct has had a direct impact on the level of combativeness we see now.
Obama brought a fair amount of heat on himself with the way he did and did not respond to things. ....but yes, the donald blows him out of the water on people hating on him for no reason and a million reasons---many self inflicted.

Obama brought a fair amount of heat on himself with the way he did and did not respond to things. ....but yes, the donald blows him out of the water on people hating on him for no reason and a million reasons---many self inflicted.
I don't think Trump is hated for no reason to a greater extent than Obama was.

I didn't realize you are so young.
Feel free to put a different name out there. The Internet has changed the game wrt political hate. GW Bush and Obama are the only Presidents to complete their entire terms in the era of the Internet as we know it.

Feel free to put a different name out there. The Internet has changed the game wrt political hate. GW Bush and Obama are the only Presidents to complete their entire terms in the era of the Internet as we know it.
cool coincidence.o_O

I can agree to that....but I also think more people hated obama directly b/c of his policies than people hate trump for his.
Proportionally, I'd agree, which means I'm going conservative on the racial reasons.

cool coincidence.o_O
Unless the nature of the Internet changes, W, Obama, Trump, and the next 7 Presidents will eventually comprise the top 10 list all-time for most hated, as far as the ability to express it and spread it goes.

The rich wouldn't be getting richer nearly as fast. Can't wait for that trickle down.
Well that must mean that 8 years under Obama, poverty didn't increase and the middle class didn't disintegrate.

But as narrow as it may be, from 1988 to 2007 the gap narrowed between the rich and poor. But under Obama, 95% of the gains went to the top 1%.

Rich getting richer and poor getting poorer is the American way. Hard work and perseverance are ways to make it in this country even if it is only a modest life. Let's stop pretending who the president is matters there.

Rich getting richer and poor getting poorer is the American way. Hard work and perseverance are ways to make it in this country even if it is only a modest life.
That's not the American way, and it's not a system that can be sustained. Hard work and perseverance are great, but if the outcome is that the rich still get richer and the poor still get poorer, leaving the conversation there is negligent.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
Well that must mean that 8 years under Obama, poverty didn't increase and the middle class didn't disintegrate.

But as narrow as it may be, from 1988 to 2007 the gap narrowed between the rich and poor. But under Obama, 95% of the gains went to the top 1%.

Rich getting richer and poor getting poorer is the American way. Hard work and perseverance are ways to make it in this country even if it is only a modest life. Let's stop pretending who the president is matters there.
well said.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
That's not the American way, and it's not a system that can be sustained. Hard work and perseverance are great, but if the outcome is that the rich still get richer and the poor still get poorer, leaving the conversation there is negligent.
I admit that I half assed laid the sarcasm out there. But that particular line was sarcasm.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
God its exhausting.....and so played out.

For real! Lack of creativity and imagination, if you ask me. They're pandering to the liberal base, and I suppose it generates decent ratings. So they're going to keep doing it.

You're ignoring 4 years of his presidency. The numbers you're citing are from 2013. Obama’s tax policies increased the non-1-percenters’ share of income more than any president since perhaps FDR.

0a736cd75.png

Meanwhile, the Trump administration is considering forcing through an executive order that would give the rich a tax break on capital gains (you know since his first tax break for the rich didn't provide that). He is simply creating a system to line his pockets before he is voted out.

How is that not sustainable? The rich are going to automate out the lower class. It won't be sustainable if you're poor, but if you're rich, you won't be negatively affected one bit.

God its exhausting.....and so played out.
There is so much funny out there and these pathetic losers choose to waste their careers obsessing over politics. Sad.

Unrelated. Did you see LeBron on Don Lemon last night? Credit where credit is due, he didn't only talk about politics. I think it is great what he is doing for at risk children in the inner city. But he made the comment that Trump is using sports to racially divide the country. I mean who better to talk about racially dividing the country than someone who lied about being a victim of racism?

There is so much funny out there and these pathetic losers choose to waste their careers obsessing over politics. Sad.

Unrelated. Did you see LeBron on Don Lemon last night? Credit where credit is due, he didn't only talk about politics. I think it is great what he is doing for at risk children in the inner city. But he made the comment that Trump is using sports to racially divide the country. I mean who better to talk about racially dividing the country than someone who lied about being a victim of racism?
Did he really lie about being a victim? Has that been proven?

ADVERTISEMENT