ADVERTISEMENT

I told you Kansas is not a top 5 team

Every place is crazy when KU comes to town. It’s worse this year because KU is susceptible and they smell blood in the water.

Combine that with the fact KU is a 7 man rotation team with no depth, and you’ve got two guys out including your best player, and your point guard is hobbled with an ankle injury and this game was predictable. I didn’t even turn in the game last night. Knew it was going to be a blowout. This team cannot do a two-day turnaround. The starting 5(when available) is about as good as anyone in the country, but the depth is terrible. Even against Baylor Sat night, they looked dominant for 15 minutes then the legs went out and they struggled to fend them off. Bad evaluations on transfers this year outside of Hunter.
Well the good news for KU is that the tournament is not played on the road. The bad news is the tournament is not played at home.

Whatever that means...I don't know.

Well the good news for KU is that the tournament is not played on the road. The bad news is the tournament is not played at home.

Ironically, the rule not allowing teams to play within a certain amount of miles from their home was made in reaction to the home cooking and friendly time keeping Kansas received in Kansas City vs Scott Skiles and Michigan State in the 1986 sweet 16. That game was a travesty.

not really. Has been like this for at least the last 2 years if not longer.
It’s been heading towards this but the numbers are still kind of nuts. Taken from Rafters

Here are how many teams in the AP poll have 0 or 1 losses in the week 11 poll by year over the last 20 seasons:

2024 - 0
2023 - 3
2022 - 2
2021 - 5
2020 - 6
2019 - 7
2018 - 2
2017 - 6
2016 - 3
2015 - 4
2014 - 8
2013 - 8
2012 - 4
2011 - 8
2010 - 5
2009 - 6
2008 - 10
2007 - 3
2006 - 5
2005 - 5

Reactions: WeAreDePaul

Which applies to every team in the country.

Which applies to every team in the country.
It sure does...but not evenly. Some teams enjoy massive home court advantages, others don't.

Some teams have to play on the road in front of packed houses, others don't.

Which is why I said I have no idea what any of this truly means.

Reactions: Turinturumbar

The bad news is regardless of where it is, KU will play 2 games in 3 days.

KU either loses in the 2nd round or EE. They're good with a week or nearly a week of rest, they are terrible with a two day turnaround. These last two mondays the lack of legs has been extremely noticeable.

Reactions: mcnicKY91
It’s been heading towards this but the numbers are still kind of nuts. Taken from Rafters

Here are how many teams in the AP poll have 0 or 1 losses in the week 11 poll by year over the last 20 seasons:

2024 - 0
2023 - 3
2022 - 2
2021 - 5
2020 - 6
2019 - 7
2018 - 2
2017 - 6
2016 - 3
2015 - 4
2014 - 8
2013 - 8
2012 - 4
2011 - 8
2010 - 5
2009 - 6
2008 - 10
2007 - 3
2006 - 5
2005 - 5
2008 was truly a stacked year.

Scott Skiles and Michigan State in the 1986 sweet 16. That game was a travesty.

200w.gif

It sure does...but not evenly. Some teams enjoy massive home court advantages, others don't.

Some teams have to play on the road in front of packed houses, others don't.

Which is why I said I have no idea what any of this truly means.
100% correct. I've said for many years, I don't see how the metrics can possibly measure home court advantage. When certain teams go on the road, they get an entirely different road environment than most everyone else gets.

At Ole Miss for example, when Vandy comes to town, you can hear a pin drop (not literally), but when UK comes to town, the place is jacked up.

Same shit happens in the BIG12 for KU and the ACC for duke and uNC.

The metrics don't compensate for this.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcnicKY91
The bad news is regardless of where it is, KU will play 2 games in 3 days.

KU either loses in the 2nd round or EE. They're good with a week or nearly a week of rest, they are terrible with a two day turnaround. These last two mondays the lack of legs has been extremely noticeable.
I was kinda thinking the same thing, but if we realize it, so does Bill Self and that guy is pretty good at figuring things out.

100% correct. I've saud for many years, I donsee how the metrics can possibly measure home court advantage. When certain teams go on the road, they get an entirely different road environment than most everyone else gets.

At Ole Miss for example, when Vandy comes to town, you can hear a pin drop (not literally), but when UK comes to town, the place is jacked up.

Same shit happens in the BIG12 for KU and the ACC for duke and uNC.

The metrics don't compensate for this.
Iowa St benefits from the homecourt more than any team in college basketball. They play like a final four team at home and their crowd is insanely wild. on the road they look like a bubble team

Iowa St benefits from the homecourt more than any team in college basketball. They play like a final four team at home and their crowd is insanely wild. on the road they look like a bubble team
Iowa State looks good tonight, must be because I picked Cincinnati in the pick em. Ugh.

Reactions: ABVolsFan92
Yes, you’re correct. They are not ranked in the top 5.

But they are 3-0 vs the top 5.

Told ya, what?

Wins:
#16 UK
#4 Tenn
#3 UConn
#1 Houston
#15 Baylor

Loses:
BYU
UCF
#8 Iowa State
#15 Baylor
#5 Marquette
WVU
KSU
TTU

Sure a couple bad "L";s. And maybe not a Top 5 team. But they aint that far off. They have wins over three probable #1 seeds, bro.

Weird flex.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
ADVERTISEMENT