ADVERTISEMENT

I told you Kansas is not a top 5 team

Kansas,Purdue, Tennessee and Houston all 4 took very questionable losses this week

No KIDding
Sean Flanagan Drink GIF by FoilArmsandHog

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Oh damn, I didn't even realize KU played last night.

It’s amazing how massive home court advantage is these days. To me, there are some venues that give teams far more than a 3 or 4 point advantage and I'm not talking about officiating.

KU looked impressive Saturday against a hell of a Houston team. Houston looked average in that game. I bet if KU played at Houston last night, they get blown out.

Not all programs get a big push from their home court atmosphere, but some get a massive push.

What the hell is the deal with Kansas playing Saturday and then Monday two weeks in a row? I’m no Kansas fan but getting Houston on Saturday then going to KSU on Monday is pretty rough.

Is this common in the big 12?

Reactions: englandnu
Oh damn, I didn't even realize KU played last night.

It’s amazing how massive home court advantage is these days. To me, there are some venues that give teams far more than a 3 or 4 point advantage and I'm not talking about officiating.

KU looked impressive Saturday against a hell of a Houston team. Houston looked average in that game. I bet if KU played at Houston last night, they get blown out.

Not all programs get a big push from their home court atmosphere, but some get a massive push.
KU has now lost to UCF, WVA, and KST on the road. Yet at home, they look like world beaters.

I commented in another thread that KU looked really good against Houston. Now granted, Houston is offensively challenged, but nevertheless, KU still looked good.

Either way, March is going to be crazy. There are so many teams that could make a final four, or get bounced in the first game/first weekend.

What the hell is the deal with Kansas playing Saturday and then Monday two weeks in a row? I’m no Kansas fan but getting Houston on Saturday then going to KSU on Monday is pretty rough.

they're in their late teens and early 20s. I'm pretty sure they can handle playing a couple basketball games over a few days.

Well it is good practice for the NCAA Tourney, as that is the format a team needs to conquer three consecutive weekends to win a championship.

they're in their late teens and early 20s. I'm pretty sure they can handle playing a couple basketball games over a few days.
Sure, but it’s so unnecessary.
Well it is good practice for the NCAA Tourney, as that is the format a team needs to conquer three consecutive weekends to win a championship.
Yeah it can help mold them, but it still just seems like awful scheduling to me.

Sure, but it’s so unnecessary.

Yeah it can help mold them, but it still just seems like awful scheduling to me.
It is a bit odd. For a while, the SEC used to have Thursday and Saturday games. Coaches complained to the point they stopped doing it.

Reactions: kyjeff1
It is a bit odd. For a while, the SEC used to have Thursday and Saturday games. Coaches complained to the point they stopped doing it.
makes sense because it’s just unnecessary.

In this case, both Kansas and Kansas state played Saturday then play again this coming Saturday. There’s just no need for a Monday game.

I don’t think it’s some massive injustice. I just think part of what differentiates the college game from the nba is that the college schedule is shorter and not as grueling from a turnaround standpoint, so you see teams bring it every damn night. I’d hate for that to slip.

In this case, both Kansas and Kansas state played Saturday then play again this coming Saturday. There’s just no need for a Monday game.

I don’t think it’s some massive injustice. I just think part of what differentiates the college game from the nba is that the college schedule is shorter and not as grueling from a turnaround standpoint, so you see teams bring it every damn night. I’d hate for that to slip.
you post like you pee sitting down.

Yeah, that’s a tough turnaround, especially for Ku, they don't have much of a bench.

KU has now lost to UCF, WVA, and KST on the road. Yet at home, they look like world beaters.

I commented in another thread that KU looked really good against Houston. Now granted, Houston is offensively challenged, but nevertheless, KU still looked good.

Either way, March is going to be crazy. There are so many teams that could make a final four, or get bounced in the first game/first weekend.
KU looks totally different at home and Houston looked a step behind what they usually look like.

Yeah, March is going to be crazy.

TV dictates a lot. I bet that has something to do with it.
It’s odd how a lot of KU games are not on ESPN. Sometimes you can.only catch them on the ESPN3 app.

TV dictates a lot. I bet that has something to do with it.
It’s odd how a lot of KU games are not on ESPN. Sometimes you can.only catch them on the ESPN3 app.
Monday isn’t a big day for games so that’s probably why they put it there - to essentially get anyone that wanted to watch some college ball.

It was a tough choice between Kansas-KSU and that riveting Miami-UVA game.

Last edited:
Yeah, but McCullar didn’t play. KU had no shot with it being on the road. That team is really thin. TT was jacked up.

UK should be at full strength this Saturday and I feel a very similar beatdown coming for my beloved Cats at Auburn. Ughhhh

I watched the second half while doing some work. I was surprised KU was down 20 at one point. That place was going crazy. Tough environment.
Every place is crazy when KU comes to town. It’s worse this year because KU is susceptible and they smell blood in the water.

Combine that with the fact KU is a 7 man rotation team with no depth, and you’ve got two guys out including your best player, and your point guard is hobbled with an ankle injury and this game was predictable. I didn’t even turn in the game last night. Knew it was going to be a blowout. This team cannot do a two-day turnaround. The starting 5(when available) is about as good as anyone in the country, but the depth is terrible. Even against Baylor Sat night, they looked dominant for 15 minutes then the legs went out and they struggled to fend them off. Bad evaluations on transfers this year outside of Hunter.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Every place is crazy when KU comes to town. It’s worse this year because KU is susceptible and they smell blood in the water.

Combine that with the fact KU is a 7 man rotation team with no depth, and you’ve got two guys out including your best player, and your point guard is hobbled with an ankle injury and this game was predictable. I didn’t even turn in the game last night. Knew it was going to be a blowout. This team cannot do a two-day turnaround. The starting 5(when available) is about as good as anyone in the country, but the depth is terrible. Even against Baylor Sat night, they looked dominant for 15 minutes then the legs went out and they struggled to fend them off. Bad evaluations on transfers this year outside of Hunter.
Welcome to Kentucky Basketball; 2016 - Present

Reactions: kyjeff1

Every road game for UK is someone's T-shirt night + a white/Black/Red/Gold out and free Chick-fil-A for this, that and the other.

They are having college gameday at Auburn this Saturday, like that place needed more gasoline on the fire.

ADVERTISEMENT