ADVERTISEMENT

I get you ass jockeys dont like womens basketball...

IMG-8602.png
She NEVER……licked our Cocks.

With Caitlin Clark on ABC tomorrow and the men’s national championship on TBS, there’s a very real possibility that the women’s national championship will have the higher ratings for the first time ever. Pretty incredible.
No. Had UCONN or PU lost, then maybe...But now? No chance. MOF, wouldn't be surprised if Monday's title game is one of the most viewed ever..

Edey vs Clinigan is good enough on its own. But now we have UCONN going for back to back titles....Arguably the two best teams in CBB.

Naaah, not even Kevin, errrrr, Caitlin Clark can over take that.
Bumping this because the women’s championship had 18.9M viewers compared to the men’s 14.8M viewers last night. Never underestimate the power of OTA TV versus cable.

Bumping this because the women’s championship had 18.9M viewers compared to the men’s 14.8M viewers last night. Never underestimate the power of OTA TV versus cable.
Does that take streaming into consideration? I streamed through max because I’m a cable cutter.

Either way, still impressively high numbers for the ladies.

Does that take streaming into consideration? I streamed through max because I’m a cable cutter.

Either way, still impressively high numbers for the ladies.
They should since Nielsen has adjusted the way their capture viewership for streaming in recent years. For example, this year’s Super Bowl set the ratings record in large part because they started using streaming numbers.

Edit: I think this year’s finals should be as “even” as possible when it comes to assessing viewership because both were simulcasted on multiple channels as well as Disney/Warner Bros’ streaming services. Ultimately, I think it came down to the Caitlin Clark effect and OTA vs cable.

They should since Nielsen has adjusted the way their capture viewership for streaming in recent years. For example, this year’s Super Bowl set the ratings record in large part because they started using streaming numbers.
Much appreciated. I remember when they were having issues with the streamers. Wasn’t aware Nielsen adjusted for it.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Iowa has to be one of the most underrated athletic brands in the country. When the inevitable college football ‘Super League’ comes to fruition, the Hawkeyes will most certainly be parcatfish?

Thank you Sir and you are correct. Small but mighty.

Our AD is in the top 3 in the BIG for being well rounded, just not elite at anything, yet.

And Iowa folks are holding out on the NIL, besides football, because we see the writing on the wall.

We will adjust when it's regulated.

Edit: I think this year’s finals should be as “even” as possible when it comes to assessing viewership because both were simulcasted on multiple channels as well as Disney/Warner Bros’ streaming services. Ultimately, I think it came down to the Caitlin Clark effect and OTA vs cable.
True----forgot the mens game was on TBS.

If it was on CBS, I definitely would’ve agreed with you.

I get that there are deals brokered to get the games on Warner Bro channels, but all championship games should be on network television!
Agree.....Had to let my mom use my Spectrum account, just to watch the game. Dumb as ****

As a whole this yr, the men's tournament vastly outperformed the women's tournament (but the media won't highlight that)...

The first weekend for men's viewership averaged just under 10 million, while the first weekend for women's viewership averaged under 1 million.

From the second weekend on, the only games that registered good viewership for the women were CC games, or games that were on immediately before or after CC (which were down exponentially from the CC game).

For instance, men and women both had Elite 8 games on Easter Sunday. Purdue UT had 11 million viewers, Duke NCST has 15 million. Compare that to the women's Elite 8 games played on the same day (which CC/Iowa did not play, their Elite game was Mon night), each averaged 2-3 million. So not even in the same stratosphere as the men.

Corporate media will be in for a rude awakening during March Madness next yr, as all the women's ratings were driven by CC this year. All of them. They think this is some type of renaissance in the women's game, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

As a whole this yr, the men's tournament vastly outperformed the women's tournament (but the media won't highlight that)...

The first weekend for men's viewership averaged just under 10 million, while the first weekend for women's viewership averaged under 1 million.

From the second weekend on, the only games that registered good viewership for the women were CC games, or games that were on immediately before or after CC (which were down exponentially from the CC game).

For instance, men and women both had Elite 8 games on Easter Sunday. Purdue UT had 11 million viewers, Duke NCST has 15 million. Compare that to the women's Elite 8 games played on the same day (which CC/Iowa did not play, their Elite game was Mon night), each averaged 2-3 million. So not even in the same stratosphere as the men.

Corporate media will be in for a rude awakening during March Madness next yr, as all the women's ratings were driven by CC this year. All of them. They think this is some type of renaissance in the women's game, but that couldn't be further from the truth.
Cocks.

Think it’s time to let this bitch slide off the first page and into the abyss. Just like the title slid through Iowa’s hands.

ADVERTISEMENT