ADVERTISEMENT

How many MWC championships in a row will Kansas win?

Would love to see Kansas in the B10. A football game against Rutgers would be one for the ages.

Shame how a football decision is destroying a great basketball conference though.

Would love to see Kansas in the B10. A football game against Rutgers would be one for the ages.

Shame how a football decision is destroying a great basketball conference though.
Now that Schiano is back Rutgers will be legit.

Reactions: duckboy33
Against ranked teams, not against garbage WCC teams (they were 16-0 regular season) and had 3 losses total.
It’s true that if they lose more than 1 game against their conference schedule it can hurt them. But they’re barely ever challenged anymore. Those teams just don’t get the talent or athletes to compete with a top 5 program. I think any 1 seed contender is going to roll through that schedule. nearly 2/3rds of gonzaga’s schedule every year is against the bottom 200 of D1.

It’s better to play in a weak conference in basketball if you’re a top program. Look at Cals run at memphis. they struggled until Louisville, Marquette and Cincy all dipped for the big east. Then he was a 2 or a 1 seed his last 4 years and nearly(should have) won a ship. If Cal had stayed at memphis he would probably be in the spot that mark few and gonzaga are in now. Top 5 program in a mid major with an easy road to a 1 seed every year beating up on bad competition.

Kansas fans, chances KU gets into the Big 10?

Seems like the likely outcome. KU would bring the highest revenue of the remaining Big 12 teams, member of the AAU which is a big deal to B1G schools, geographically makes the most sense, and brings one of the 5 most prestigious basketball programs to the conference. KU will probably have to commit to rebuilding their football stadium and making more effort in that sport. Will be interesting to see if ISU ends up joining them. They seem to be the other school getting linked to the B1G.

Not to give KU fans hope, but it would take ND to get them into the Big 10.

A school that can off set the cost of bringing Kansas in.

The brand would fit in well though.

We love basketball in the Big 10

Not to give KU fans hope, but it would take ND to get them into the Big 10.

A school that can off set the cost of bringing Kansas in.

The brand would fit in well though.

We love basketball in the Big 10
thoughts on bringing KU and ISU into the Big Ten?

ND just makes sense. Everything about them screams Big Ten.

Big Ten will basically add two more teams. KU and ND would be ideal, IMO

However, ISU and KU seems to be trending. How do Iowa feel about that. Adding two teams that might fire up Iowa fans the most.

thoughts on bringing KU and ISU into the Big Ten?

ND just makes sense. Everything about them screams Big Ten.

Big Ten will basically add more teams. KU and ND would be ideal, IMO

No and no, but reality is, expansion is happening.

ND and UVA make the most sense.

ISU and KU are going to need to get lucky and hope ND joins.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
When the dust settles and the super conferences are set, how long before the NCAA is ousted or overhauled? Its called revenge lol.

No and no, but reality is, expansion is happening.

ND and UVA make the most sense.

ISU and KU are going to need to get lucky and hope ND joins.
No luck necessary, Wee Man. Start lubing your anus.

KU's a good fit for any league w/ a subscription channel. Cable market is a thing of the past.

Kansas fans should be at least a LITTLE nervous about this. I mean 95% of fans should be maybe. Some big changes may be on the way who knows the impact?

Reactions: KisteK
Kansas fans should be at least a LITTLE nervous about this. I mean 95% of fans should be maybe. Some big changes may be on the way who knows the impact?

What I’m nervous about is KU ending up in the AAC or Big East (which to me are the worst case scenarios for KU) and then the 4 super conferences succeeding from the rest of the NCAA sometime in the next 10 years leaving KU behind.

What I’m nervous about is KU ending up in the AAC or Big East (which to me are the worst case scenarios for KU) and then the 4 super conferences succeeding from the rest of the NCAA sometime in the next 10 years leaving KU behind.
I think the bigger concern could be the SEC turning into a 20+ team league and the rest of the country just being something else. I mean not oh sh!t concerned just shooting the breeze after a few beers here. I don't want to pretend to know what's going on or have any predictions. Conference shakeups are inevitable.

I think the bigger concern could be the SEC turning into a 20+ team league and the rest of the country just being something else. I mean not oh sh!t concerned just shooting the breeze after a few beers here. I don't want to pretend to know what's going on or have any predictions. Conference shakeups are inevitable.

I think if that happens 3 superconferences of 20-24 teams is what would happen with B1G, Pac12, and SEC absorbing the majority of the top football schools from the ACC and Big 12 to form these conferences.

I read something saying on Thursday the Big 12 brass discussed considering a merger with the Pac 12, to create a 20 school conference.

Honestly, the AAC as a worst-case scenario wouldn’t be so bad.

Bring Baylor and Ok St and/or WVU. Load up on strong non-con games.

You have some programs on the rise like Houston and Memphis and get to smack Wichita St around. Not too shabby.

Sounds good for football, and makes sense.

Basketball however i doubt competetingg for conf championships every year is gonna move the needle and no way they “stay ncaa” for basketball while raping the ncaa the rest of the country in football $$$$.

who knows tho its the ncaa so they moght jump down a storm drain chasing a rolling penny.

In fact sans UK the aac has been just as good as the sec since its creation, up until the last 2-3 seasons imo.

ADVERTISEMENT