ADVERTISEMENT

How Can Duke NOT Go 40-0?

I’ve been watching BB since Naismith invented it. Duke last night looked as good, if not better than, Larry Johnson’s UNLV or Fi Slamma Jamma Houston teams. They will likely have an off night, but they’d have to have 3-4 guys really off and/or out-of-their-minds game from an opponent. Still the ACC is loaded with teams that could pull an upset or two.

You're 120+ years old? Cheers, man. That's amazing.

I hope Kansas doesn't play them at all and their lack of depth chokes in the tournament BUT

Dok vs. Zion would make mountains crumble

Kentucky is the deepest team they will play all year and Zion only played 23 minutes...
Depth matters more when players are injured/end of the year. Likelihood of Zion/RJ/Cam all being healthy all year is not high

I hear they can't shoot worth a damn too. And Zion is fat.
Shooting will probably be a issue, outliers happen in single game sample sizes. Zion's obviously a stud anyone that couldn't see that prior to yesterday is quite simply dumb.

Duke will lose to FSU @ Tally on Jan 12th, book it.

That game is definitely shaping up to be electric. Two teams who have size and athleticism for days and are both intent on running up and down the court. If Cofer is back to full health by then...man could be a heck of a matchup.

Barring running into an aberrant Wisconsin team or something? Who’s going to be better? They had it all tonight. I don’t know how ESPN is going to continue to come up with enough superlatives for the remainder of the season.
K would really have to mess this up for Duke to not win it all. Calipari won with Davis, and Barrett is the best player since.

We all saw what they did to the number #2 team in the nation.

I don't consider Zion or RJ a kid. They both look like future NBA superstars and it's game 1. They look better than ANY player I've seen since A.D.
I agree but A.D. did not look that good in game one. Zion may be the biggest beast that I have seen as a freshman. With that size and vertical leap his ceiling is not limited.

K would really have to mess this up for Duke to not win it all. Calipari won with Davis, and Barrett is the best player since.

I think its clear UK's not the #2 team in the nation, both KU and MSU looked better in the earlier game.

I think UK's ceiling is massive come March with young studs like Keldon Johnson and Hagans but if they're even a top 10 team as it stands right, college basketball is in a bad place right now.

I think its clear UK's not the #2 team in the nation, both KU and MSU looked better in the earlier game.

I think UK's ceiling is massive come March with young studs like Keldon Johnson and Hagans but if they're even a top 10 team as it stands right, college basketball is in a bad place right now.
Pretty sure they are comprised of 2 top 5 teams... or was it 2 top 10 teams... someone find that quote I'm too lazy.

I agree with this, but i’ve stated that UK doesn’t belong being that highly-ranked. I saw they were ranked something like 11th now? Still too high. Earn it.

Barring running into an aberrant Wisconsin team or something? Who’s going to be better? They had it all tonight. I don’t know how ESPN is going to continue to come up with enough superlatives for the remainder of the season.
We not going undefeated.Acc is just too strong.Also do not want to go into March Madness with the added pressure of being undefeated.Did not work out so well for UNLV or Ky

Duke looked the most intimidating in a one game sample. I think KU has the horses to at least slow them down a little, especially if De Sousa plays.

And offensively, as great as Duke's three headed monster looks, Lawson/Grimes/Azubuike isn't too shabby itself.

We certainly looked fantastic last night, but I'm fully expecting at least the following losses: @FSU, @Notre Dame and, @UVA. We'll also probably drop another to NC State or Virginia Tech because we always seem to lose to those teams.
I like how you didn't mention the Heels in those losses. Mid season form trolling?? : )

Va. Tech is pretty good this year, so while it might be a mild surprise of they beat Duke in their building, I don't think it would be one of those head scratchers. The other teams you mentioned are also all ranked so I am right there with you as far as losing a game or a few in that group. I likes Duke's chances in all of them.

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
That game is definitely shaping up to be electric. Two teams who have size and athleticism for days and are both intent on running up and down the court. If Cofer is back to full health by then...man could be a heck of a matchup.
It will be a good game regardless if Cofer is back or not. I like the balance FSU could potentially have this year offensively. Seems they have a few guys that you can't help off of on the perimeter like you could try in the past. Cofer is one of those guys when he gets back.

Reactions: GE Nole

I don't think that this UK team will be good come march. Sweet Sixteen may be the best to expect. Duke dominated a pitiful UK team Tuesday.

Based on experience UK should have beaten Duke; however, Duke beat the shit out of Kentucky based on the best talent that I have ever seen on a freshman dominated team. Duke punched Kentucky in the mouth the first 4 minutes and UK quit. It is rare to see UK quit, but they did. No guts not glory.

Reactions: KYtotheCore

Classy post. You are kind for the sentiments, but I don't think UK should even be in the top 25. The ranking was a gift, but they did nothing to thank those that assigned that lofty of a ranking.

If they earn it, that's fine. I think the pieces are there to be competitive, but it's back to the drawing board for this team, and after such a demoralizing loss I'm sure they probably feel like they've had their talent identity absolutely stripped. They got absolutely prison raped and they're probably not even sure who they are as a team or individually anymore with the exception of Keldon Johnson.

They need to revisit their highschool highlight tapes and work towards that again.

Kansas actually matches up well with Duke and has far more depth. Two completely different teams as well.

Kansas is good to be really really good. That team is only going to get better.

People acting like Duke is out of this world are ridiculous. K put a shellacking on Cal from a prep, motivation and adjustment standpoint. That’s where a lot of that margin of victory comes from.

Duke will lose at least 4 games this season.

Reactions: TheDude1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT