ADVERTISEMENT

How Can Duke NOT Go 40-0?

KYtotheCore

Jan 5, 2010
Anytown, USA
Barring running into an aberrant Wisconsin team or something? Who’s going to be better? They had it all tonight. I don’t know how ESPN is going to continue to come up with enough superlatives for the remainder of the season.

They are young kids. They won’t have their A game every night. Probably will lose on the road to some team like VT or BC.

And Tallahassee is not at easy place to win...

Truthfully, I don’t believe KU would come close to beating these guys.
KU showed much better guard play and astronomically better post play. Like light years better......but yes, duke looks better not knowing how good uk is. It’s tough bc Uk isnt just missing shots.

They are young kids. They won’t have their A game every night. Probably will lose on the road to some team like VT or BC.

And Tallahassee is not at easy place to win...

I don't consider Zion or RJ a kid. They both look like future NBA superstars and it's game 1. They look better than ANY player I've seen since A.D.

As I said yesterday, Duke will curb stomp the ACC and now, I think anyone else
My team sucks Cal had no game plan
Dook sucks

They looked really good. Good for them. I definitely think it is 40-0 or bust at this point. I just hope we can stay within 32 of them tbh.

Reactions: Velo1 and GE Nole
KY, I love you man, but just take the whupping and move along;)

Edit: hah, just reached your last post there:)

Can't wait to see Konate block one of those Zion dunks in the tournament.

Not sure Duke wins another game let alone 40-0.

I mean, I was told their roster consists of:
1. A fat kid that has no shot.
2. A point guard that is slow and cant play a lick of defense.
3. A bunch of individuals that dont play team ball, and never passed it ever.
4. A chucker that refuses to play defense.
5. A center that has no business being on the team.
6. Worst bench in the history of college basketball, they wouldnt get a scholarship at any other school.

The best coach in the SEC is going to knock off duke in the Maui in a couple weeks

This much hype is not good for any college basketball team after 1 game. The UK team that almost went undefeated didn't really start picking up speed on its hype train until the middle of conference play and there weren't many good teams left on the schedule to create an event that everyone would be talking about and get to their heads. Duke is now going to deal with 40-0 questions in November, they will not be able to sustain the intensity required to get through the ACC unscathed. That said, Duke is very very good, and should definitely have national title expectations after last night.

Reactions: GE Nole
they don't have a lot of depth so foul trouble, injuries and the occasional off shooting night will spell trouble for them at some point this season. They'll lose some games.

We certainly looked fantastic last night, but I'm fully expecting at least the following losses: @FSU, @Notre Dame and, @UVA. We'll also probably drop another to NC State or Virginia Tech because we always seem to lose to those teams.

We certainly looked fantastic last night, but I'm fully expecting at least the following losses: @FSU, @Notre Dame and, @UVA. We'll also probably drop another to NC State or Virginia Tech because we always seem to lose to those teams.

Look what the cat done drug in!

And yeah, anyone talking about 40-0 is either being facetious or is drunk. Zero chance this team goes undefeated; the ACC is a strong conference, this is a team of young, young guys, and frankly luck and probability just don't work that way:)

Road games against Florida State, Notre Dame, Virginia, Louisville, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, and North Carolina. Seriously doubt Duke goes through that gauntlet unscathed. Also get Indiana, Syracuse, UVA, St.John's, UNC, NC State, and Miami at home... Probably Auburn and Gonzaga in Maui. It's a long season. I'd say we lose at least 3 games.

I’ve been watching BB since Naismith invented it. Duke last night looked as good, if not better than, Larry Johnson’s UNLV or Fi Slamma Jamma Houston teams. They will likely have an off night, but they’d have to have 3-4 guys really off and/or out-of-their-minds game from an opponent. Still the ACC is loaded with teams that could pull an upset or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: wrbchWolfPack81
ADVERTISEMENT