ADVERTISEMENT

Honest predictions of UL vs UK 12/29

You two are talking up a team that had to win it's conference tournament to make the tournament last year. In an upset. A team with double digit losses that finished 167th per Kenpom.

Oh so we're talking about last years team and not this years team? Of course they have to win their conference tourney. They are a mid major. They are projected to go 28-5 this year. They're all veterans with experience.

He's a Uk fan. Why would he "talk up" a team Louisville played unless he was being serious?

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Oh so we're talking about last years team and not this years team? Of course they have to win their conference tourney. They are a mid major. They are projected to go 28-5 this year. They're all veterans with experience.

He's a Uk fan. Why would he "talk up" a team Louisville played unless he was being serious?
The way this dude talks about KenPom, I'm starting to think he IS Ken Pomeroy. I always get a kick out of people that base their opinions exclusively on someone else's metrics.

Reactions: HRTheCard
I thought Lipscomb looked really good, they were just undersized. Louisville's length really bothered them inside, but they ran good sets and had a shot to win.
They're definitely tournament calibre.

If Lipscomb wins their conference tournament, I think they'll probably be a 12 seed. Very, very solid team. They're currently ranked ahead of 7 ACC teams in the NCAA Net Rankings.

If you put a gun to my head and said pick, I'd be a dead man.

Interesting to me will be what strengths are pyrate, and where perceived matchups change between now and then. A decade into the Calipari Era one thing I have learned is he puts facets in given the youth of his roster traditionally in increments, so these perceived "struggles" that UK has had this year fit that pattern. He is in the "I want them to defend" stage publicly and probably starting to see who he thinks can legitimately contribute in March right now. Chris Mack is probably the only coach along with Izzo who devotes more print to the word "tough" than Calipari. I have seen very little of UK so far, as Duke is an outlier and I'm not so sure what you get out of Seton Hall (tough team because of how they spread you out and seem to get and make a high volume of what would be perceived as bad shots).

One thing critical to Louisville...they have to get to the free throw line. At Rupp UK has traditionally gotten a big free throw disparity...at the YUM Center they have had a couple episodes where they didn't feel like they got a fair whistle. Louisville didn't get to the line against IU and at times looked like they thought the lane was a no fly zone; they lived there against Michigan State.

The way this dude talks about KenPom, I'm starting to think he IS Ken Pomeroy. I always get a kick out of people that base their opinions exclusively on someone else's metrics.

Then, he isn't checking in with his buddy as often as he should be this season.
Several Epitome of Brutality tweets that have been pretty far off base.
(Maybe not for the lazy cbb fans)

Guy seems to be a huge target for most of the writers/heads that I follow.
I'm starting to realize why

UL 77
UK 73

Kentucky is a bubble team.
UL is a solid tourney team playing at home.

If you put a gun to my head and said pick, I'd be a dead man.

Interesting to me will be what strengths are pyrate, and where perceived matchups change between now and then. A decade into the Calipari Era one thing I have learned is he puts facets in given the youth of his roster traditionally in increments, so these perceived "struggles" that UK has had this year fit that pattern. He is in the "I want them to defend" stage publicly and probably starting to see who he thinks can legitimately contribute in March right now. Chris Mack is probably the only coach along with Izzo who devotes more print to the word "tough" than Calipari. I have seen very little of UK so far, as Duke is an outlier and I'm not so sure what you get out of Seton Hall (tough team because of how they spread you out and seem to get and make a high volume of what would be perceived as bad shots).

Maybe in print, but in practice he teaches toughness. Kevin Willard commented that Kentucky played tougher than Louisville. But Louisville shot better.

Maybe in print, but in practice he teaches toughness. Kevin Willard commented that Kentucky played tougher than Louisville. But Louisville shot better.
Lol we shot 43 percent. Not saying we’re a great shooting team in the first place, but our defense held them to 40%, they shot 46 percent against you guys.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Lol we shot 43 percent. Not saying we’re a great shooting team in the first place, but our defense held them to 40%, they shot 46 percent against you guys.

What's your point? I think he's referring to physicality. We shot horribly. We went 0-13 at 1 point. Powell had one of those games. He made a lot of contested 3's. You have a problem, take it up with Willard lol

They really shot more like 26%. The other 20% was shots pulled straight out dey azzzz.

Seton Hall scored I believe 7 points in the final 9 minutes of our game at their place.

10,244 blue belly kentucky fans. I'd bet it was 75-25 easy
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT