ADVERTISEMENT

Helms Titles

Such a stupid take, they are giving their opinions on what would happen if everyone played and they did it 20+ years after the fact.

When you don’t play a tournament, or a series, you didn't prove it on the court.

The teams in contention, did not play the same teams, or schedule, so you can’t assume who would win.

Again, maybe sit this one out, bud.

That makes more sense than what you said initially. I don’t need to sit anything out. You’re changing the context of the post I quoted now. You made zero qualifying statement regarding timeframe in the post I quoted.

That makes more sense than what you said initially. I don’t need to sit anything out. Choose better words. Words mean things. You made zero qualifying statement regarding timeframe in the post I quoted.
To people who understand what we're talking about, the obvious doesn’t need to be stated. For some reason, you need me to waste my time posting obvious facts.

So, who should we give the 2019/20 title to?

To people who understand what we're talking about, the obvious doesn’t need to be stated. For some reason, you.need me to waste my time posting obvious facts.

So, who should we give the 2019/20 title to?

Or you could just say what you mean instead of leaving it up to everyone to infer random points you didn’t make clear.

Kansas was the best team in 2020. Who knows who would have won the tourney.

Or you could just say what you mean instead of leaving it up to everyone to infer random points you didn’t make clear.

Kansas was the best team in 2020.
I mean, out of all the people that have chimed in, you're the only one that got lost. That should tell you something.

Well, let's just get that 2020 Helms banner ordered for you guys then. No use waiting.

• Haha
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I mean, out of all the people that have chimed in, you're the only one that got lost. That should tell you something.

Well, let's just get that 2020 Helms banner ordered for you guys then. No use waiting.

I’m not lost bud. Just feels like I’m talking to my wife with you expecting people to just understand things you don’t say.

They don’t award Helms banners anymore either smart guy. I’m happy to hang one just to troll everyone ITT, though.

I’m not lost bud. Just feels like I’m talking to my wife with you expecting people to just understand things you don’t say.

They don’t award Helms banners anymore either smart guy. I’m happy to hang one just to troll everyone ITT, though.
Again, you're complaining because you got lost and didn't understand something everyone else automatically realized.

The issue here, is you.

Doesn't have to be Helms, lets get a random dude from Wonder bread to form a committee and just vote on who they think should get the title for 2020. That is literally exactly the same as what Helms did… wait, the Helms guys waited another 20 years to decide the winners.

Oh, but those banners look great hanging in afh.

Reactions: Yet Another UK Fan
Again, you're complaining because you got lost and didn't understand something everyone else automatically realized.

The issue here, is you.

Now you're really acting like a woman. Complaining because someone didn't understand something you didn't say.

I'm still going to go back to my original point. You're arguing with yourself. This is a direct quote from you (regardless of what you wanted people to understand from your post): "Yeah, but what you do on the court matters and who you play matters too."

The only thing a Helm's voter could have done in any scenario presented to them would be to evaluate based on "what you do on the court" and "who you play".

Let's also make sure we're arguing from the same sheet of music. I said I'm not arguing for or against. For the record I've been on the "we should take them down" train for about 20 years (most of my adulthood).

Now you're really acting like a woman. Complaining because someone didn't understand something you didn't say.

I'm still going to go back to my original point. You're arguing with yourself. This is a direct quote from you (regardless of what you wanted people to understand from your post): "Yeah, but what you do on the court matters and who you play matters too."

The only thing a Helm's voter could have done in any scenario presented to them would be to evaluate based on "what you do on the court" and "who you play".

Let's also make sure we're arguing from the same sheet of music. I said I'm not arguing for or against. For the record I've been on the "we should take them down" train for about 20 years (most of my adulthood).
Yeah, I did say that, but you need to look at the post I was responding to, to get the reason why I said it.

IIRC, that was about the difference in schedules that every contendor plays, meaning, they were not created equal and you can’t just award trophies on how they played during the regular season.

See, you jumped into the middle of a conversation, got lost, got confused and started flailing like a little bitch. Just take the L bro.

You Kansas fans are special.

Yeah, I did say that, but you need to look at the post I was responding to, to get the reason why I said it.

IIRC, that was about the difference in schedules that every contendor plays, meaning, they were not created equal and you can’t just award trophies on how they played during the regular season.

See, you jumped into the middle of a conversation, got lost, got confused and started flailing like a little bitch. Just take the L bro.

You Kansas fans are special.

You don't have to "remember correctly". You can just go read what you were responding to. Here is the post you responded to:

I’m not convinced they were non-basketball guys. But I’m also not convinced you need to be. Like, if you handed me the women’s college field hockey results from last season, absent a tournament and without rankings, just a cursory knowledge of which schools are bigger and the schedule results, there’s a good chance I could pick the best one.

We put faith in writers nowadays. Writers. Dweebs in glasses typing words like they matter. Same same

Here is your reply to it:

Yeah, but what you do on the court matters and who you play matters too. Some teams match up better with others.

If this was a group of coaches, that would be different, but this was just a bunch of regular dudes and their opinions. It’s fake and that’s not how you determine a champion. They were self appointed voters.

If a team like Vanderbilt, or WASU wanted to display them, fine, but as a blue blood, you can’t hang those.

Feel free to point out where in this specific discussion you were referencing the timeframe lag? I'll wait.

Also, you're having another logic problem in this argument. In the post quoted above you say, "If this was a group of coaches, that would be different". Would you like to walk back your statements regarding 2020 now based on that quote since the final Coaches Poll (and AP) had Kansas as the #1 team? I'm sure you're going to add some context that I am just unaware of to try and wiggle out of this one, too. I'm not arguing anyone should hang a banner for 2020. I'm simply pointing out your lack of a cogent thought.

The overarching point here is that you just make statements and shift your arguments. You cannot hold a logical discussion - much like woman. I'm not the one who is lost. You're just making shit up as you go.

You don't have to "remember correctly". You can just go read what you were responding to. Here is the post you responded to:

Here is your reply to it:

Feel free to point out where in this specific discussion you were referencing the timeframe lag? I'll wait.

Also, you're having another logic problem in this argument. In the post quoted above you say, "If this was a group of coaches, that would be different". Would you like to walk back your statements regarding 2020 now based on that quote since the final Coaches Poll (and AP) had Kansas as the #1 team? I'm sure you're going to add some context that I am just unaware of to try and wiggle out of this one, too. I'm not arguing anyone should hang a banner for 2020. I'm simply pointing out your lack of a cogent thought.

The overarching point here is that you just make statements and shift your arguments. You cannot hold a logical discussion - much like woman. I'm not the one who is lost. You're just making shit up as you go.
You'll be okay, again, there's a reason why you're the only one thst got lost.

Word of advice, since this forum is populated by adults, there usually isn't a need to explain obvious shit.

You'll be okay, again, there's a reason why you're the only one thst got lost.

Word of advice, since this forum is populated by adults, there usually isn't a need to explain obvious shit.

There it is. No actual retort. Classic sign of defeat. When presented with facts - ignore them. When presented with a challenging counterpoint - name call. You’re a caricature.

There it is. No actual retort. Classic sign of defeat. When presented with facts - ignore them. When presented with a challenging counterpoint - name call. You’re a caricature.
What are you talking about? The facts are pretty simple, you came in here, jumped in the middle of a conversation, got lost, then got upset at me, because YOU didn’t understand what everyone else automatically knew. Nobody else needed explanation… just you. This is a 'you' problem.

What are you talking about? The facts are pretty simple, you came in here, jumped in the middle of a conversation, got lost, then got upset at me, because YOU didn’t understand what everyone else automatically knew. Nobody else needed explanation… just you. This is a 'you' problem.

For fvcks sake guy. I've laid out the exact details of what you posted - both in regard to what you quoted and what you said to me. You tried to tell me you were arguing about a lag in time between when the Helm's titles were awarded and when the games were played. I quoted both the post you were replying to and your post - neither of you were arguing about timeframes. You were discussing whether or not they were "basketball guys" or not. You could literally just go read what you wrote instead of making an ass of yourself.

You then talked out of both sides of your mouth regarding "if they were coaches it'd be a different story". If that's the case wouldn't you have to conclude that your position would be that KU should hang a banner for 2020? After all it was you that said it would be different if it was the coaches who voted it that way. You'd be the one in this case arguing FOR someone hanging a non-tourney banner based on your own positions taken ITT.

The only person that's lost here is you trying to backtrack your arguments to say things you literally weren't talking about or didn't say AND on the other hand completely contradicting a position you took earlier in the thread. You trying to hold on to some sort of high ground in this argument is cute. You haven't made a cogent argument yet.

For fvcks sake guy. I've laid out the exact details of what you posted - both in regard to what you quoted and what you said to me. You tried to tell me you were arguing about a lag in time between when the Helm's titles were awarded and when the games were played. I quoted both the post you were replying to and your post - neither of you were arguing about timeframes. You were discussing whether or not they were "basketball guys" or not. You could literally just go read what you wrote instead of making an ass of yourself.

You then talked out of both sides of your mouth regarding "if they were coaches it'd be a different story". If that's the case wouldn't you have to conclude that your position would be that KU should hang a banner for 2020? After all it was you that said it would be different if it was the coaches who voted it that way. You'd be the one in this case arguing FOR someone hanging a non-tourney banner based on your own positions taken ITT.

The only person that's lost here is you trying to backtrack your arguments to say things you literally weren't talking about or didn't say AND on the other hand completely contradicting a position you took earlier in the thread. You trying to hold on to some sort of high ground in this argument is cute. You haven't made a cogent argument yet.
I'm not reading all that, Karen. I have more important things to do, like watch paint dry.

You’re credibility is shot. You tried to blame me, because you lack reading comprehension.

Stick with me kid, you'll be fartin' on your own in no time.

• Haha
I'm not reading all that, Karen. I have more important things to do, like watch paint dry.

You’re credibility is shot. You tried to blame me, because you lack reading comprehension.

Classic cop out.

@IZAC
I am not the person that likes to argue, you can check my past post's, because I hide nothing, including when I was last viewing this board.
But three times you have referred to women as a problem, I really hate that you are married to one, or has been that disappoints you, I wish you could, or would have found better. But is it really their fault that you can't learn to communicate with them.
I am old and my wife and me are the opposite of each other, but have learned over the decades how to understand each other.
I wish you the best in your relationships. 👍

@IZAC
I am not the person that likes to argue, you can check my past post's, because I hide nothing, including when I was last viewing this board.
But three times you have referred to women as a problem, I really hate that you are married to one, or has been that disappoints you, I wish you could, or would have found better. But is it really their fault that you can't learn to communicate with them.
I am old and my wife and me are the opposite of each other, but have learned over the decades how to understand each other.
I wish you the best in your relationships. 👍

Lolz. I’m happily married to my BFF obviously.

Reactions: cdbearde
tom-mac-donald-just-passing-through.gif

My wife and I just discussed people who didn’t marry their best friends. Sad.
She's your best friend, because you have nobody else to compete with her.

Besides, only women say that shit, grow a set man. You can't have sex with your best friend, that’s gross.

Besides, only women say that shit, grow a set man. You can't have sex with your best friend, that’s gross.

Deer lowered I broke you ITT.

• Haha
Reactions: ExitFlagger

Jeff, I like you as a poster, but my wife is my best friend, and she is a female, I understood the BBF, but was just having fun. 👍

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Be careful man, BBF stands for something much different sometimes.
Man I missed spelled, I meant BFF. Sorry, getting old has it's problems.
But thank you for pointing that out. Best Friend Forever!!!!
But that is what my wife is, and I am blessed as we grow older. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1

@kyjeff1 in here barely staying ahead of the Helms Defense Crew - but still winning!!!

It’s a hard battle Jeff against people determined that those banners have relevance, but that doesn’t mean you should give up right? RollLaughRollLaughRollLaugh. Now where did we put that KYJeff appreciation thread?

@kyjeff1 in here barely staying ahead of the Helms Defense Crew - but still winning!!!

It’s a hard battle Jeff against people determined that those banners have relevance, but that doesn’t mean you should give up right? RollLaughRollLaughRollLaugh. Now where did we put that KYJeff appreciation thread?
I can't stand homers. If UK hung Helms banners, I would be disgusted and I damn sure would not defend it.
These dudes will defend crimes, cheating and Helms banners to the death.

Modern tourney titles>>>>>early NIT titles>>early NCAA titles>Helms

Discuss.

Last edited:
If UK hung Helms banners, I would be disgusted and I damn sure would not defend it.

What if they claimed to have won the most games all-time when they haven’t? Wouldn’t that be disgusting? 😂

But they have won the most games.
So you laugh at organizations retroactively awarding titles, but you’re good with an organization arbitrarily waving a wand to make wins disappear? LOL

Who beat Duke to go to the final four in 2018?

ADVERTISEMENT