ADVERTISEMENT

Have we had enough time to get a feel for how the Conferences will shake out?

bama has beaten Houston and Gonzaga
UT has beaten UNC
Auburn doesn't have a super win, but the wins have been more impressive than LSU's.

Cheating is on tape, kinda hard to sweep it under the rug. UT jr? UTK is older than than the state of Texas.
I have Bama 1st and they have #1 RPI. UNC is a horrible team tstl and just a name this year. It's basically Bama,UK,LSU and UT in no order. Sec is going to beat each other up this year so the home team against top foes will likely take the pie.

I have Bama 1st and they have #1 RPI. UNC is a horrible team tstl and just a name this year. It's basically Bama,UK,LSU and UT in no order. Sec is going to beat each other up this year so the home team against top foes will likely take the pie.
It is clearly bama #1 at this point as much as it pains me to say that.

You should stopping referencing rpi and start referencing TRI (Tiger Rocker Index) cause that is what you're using anyway.

Reactions: Tigerocker
Someone should tell Cal that.
I haven't had a chance to watch you guys the last couple years believe it or not, I don't see as many games as I used to see.

I always thought of Calipari as a player's coach and his recruiting may have ups and downs but it's still typically very good right? I don't recall them getting out and running like crazy during that stretch of elite teams. Felt like you guys were always underrated defensively and just destroyed teams in the half court. I think his juice was the NBA pipeline HS kids saw it as a good path and still do?

It is clearly bama #1 at this point as much as it pains me to say that.

You should stopping referencing rpi and start referencing TRI (Tiger Rocker Index) cause that is what you're using anyway.
Yeah lets stop referencing the main thing the NCAA uses to put teams in the NCAA Tourney. I do like the TRI though a little more accurate than all the rest. I also forgot AU in my list and they are right there as well.

I haven't had a chance to watch you guys the last couple years believe it or not, I don't see as many games as I used to see.

I always thought of Calipari as a player's coach and his recruiting may have ups and downs but it's still typically very good right? I don't recall them getting out and running like crazy during that stretch of elite teams. Felt like you guys were always underrated defensively and just destroyed teams in the half court. I think his juice was the NBA pipeline HS kids saw it as a good path and still do?
He's still a player's coach and will always be. He's just not an elite in-game coach and never has been. Very stubborn, stuck in his ways, consistently fails to make adjustments, etc. He does typically rely on good defense as his calling card and offensively they usually just do whatever they want. He doesn't run many actual plays and everything he does run is simple and/or outdated. They are at their best in transition (as most teams are) but they get bogged down in the half court. The two biggest problems for them in half court right now are that they aren't shooting worth a shit from deep and also rely on a lot of long 2's because teams are packing the paint and daring them to shoot (we've all seen this play out before). Wheeler also plays way too fast and out of control a good majority of the time. He drops a ton of dimes but he also turns it over quite a bit and gets himself into situations that aren't ideal when orchestrating an offense.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Auburn is going to win the SEC. We have the best player in the Conference

He's still a player's coach and will always be. He's just not an elite in-game coach and never has been. Very stubborn, stuck in his ways, consistently fails to make adjustments, etc. He does typically rely on good defense as his calling card and offensively they usually just do whatever they want. He doesn't run many actual plays and everything he does run is simple and/or outdated. They are at their best in transition (as most teams are) but they get bogged down in the half court. The two biggest problems for them in half court right now are that they aren't shooting worth a shit from deep and also rely on a lot of long 2's because teams are packing the paint and daring them to shoot (we've all seen this play out before). Wheeler also plays way too fast and out of control a good majority of the time. He drops a ton of dimes but he also turns it over quite a bit and gets himself into situations that aren't ideal when orchestrating an offense.
Well said KB and the fact that he always has elite talent is why they are always good. This team will get better as they go and Imo one of his better ones than in the past.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Well said KB and the fact that he always has elite talent is why they are always good. This team will get better as they go and Imo one of his better ones than in the past.
Yeah, they will get better (how much better remains to be seen) and the shots will start falling eventually. They have too many good shooters for them not to between Grady, Mintz, Washington, and Allen. They could really use Fredrick's sharp shooting right now. Not having him available has hurt them a bit.

Yeah, they will get better (how much better remains to be seen) and the shots will start falling eventually. They have too many good shooters for them not to between Grady, Mintz, Washington, and Allen. They could really use Fredrick's sharp shooting right now. Not having him available has hurt them a bit.
You guys have incredible length. It doesnt make any sense (other than it being early in the year) that they look so bad right now. It won't be a year like last year. In a month they will be rolling imo.

You guys have incredible length. It doesnt make any sense (other than it being early in the year) that they look so bad right now. It won't be a year like last year. In a month they will be rolling imo.
They never really come out strong in the beginning. When they lost to Evansville in 2019 was one of the biggest shockers I've ever seen in college hoops. That crowd had worried all over them at the end. Not to say we haven't thrown in some clunkers either but that was surreal.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I hope so. Cal's strategy of playing 7 cupcakes in a row hasn't seemed to pay off. 😆

They never really come out strong in the beginning. When they lost to Evansville in 2019 was one of the biggest shockers I've ever seen in college hoops. That crowd had worried all over them at the end. Not to say we haven't thrown in some clunkers either but that was surreal.
That team that lost to Evansville finished 25-6 (15-3). I would happily take that this season. 😆

How do you see the SEC/Big12 Challenge? Of course you know Tennessee is kicking Texas ass, so y'all are already down one.

Tech beat Tenn, so we’re counting that one instead. UT hired the hype guy instead of the actual coach, so they don’t count….

Tech beat Tenn, so we’re counting that one instead. UT hired the hype guy instead of the actual coach, so they don’t count….
The Big 12 challenge is Tenn vs Texas. What are you talking about "hype guy"?

You should know UK fans, what have you done for me lately lol. Expectations are rarely tempered..

Big Ten

Purdue - talented but need to limit mistakes (turnovers have become an issue and D needs to improve)

Minnesota - not sure where they will finish but they've exceeded everybody's expectations.

Ohio St - talented squad, will most likely finish top 3

MSU, Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin - decent squads but how they will play out is hard to determine. There seems to be a decent amount of parody this year.

Indiana - could be much better than years past but need to learn how to not shit the bed.
It looks like a down year for the B1G. But it's still wide open. Purdue is the most talented team. The slip up vs Rutgers should tighten the race. Here is how I see it so far but teams are going to move around a lot. It's pretty unpredictable.

Contenders:
Purdue
MSU
OSU

Upper Half:
Illinois
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Northwestern

Next Group:
Indiana
UM
Iowa
Rutgers

Unlikely to compete for the Big Dance:
Maryland
Penn State
Nebraska

It looks like a down year for the B1G. But it's still wide open. Purdue is the most talented team. The slip up vs Rutgers should tighten the race. Here is how I see it so far but teams are going to move around a lot. It's pretty unpredictable.

Contenders:
Purdue
MSU
OSU

Upper Half:
Illinois
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Northwestern

Next Group:
Indiana
UM
Iowa
Rutgers

Unlikely to compete for the Big Dance:
Maryland
Penn State
Nebraska
I'd move Nebraska to

No Chance in Hell for the Big Dance

I'd move Nebraska to

No Chance in Hell for the Big Dance
Yeah. Auburn played nebraska this last Saturday. That may be the worst power conference basketball team I have ever seen and I have seen some terrible ones at auburn. Like Tony barber’s last team at auburn. We won by 31 but it could of easily been by 50 had we wanted it to be.

Last edited:
Yeah. Auburn played nebraska this last Saturday. That may be the worst power conference basketball team I have ever seen and I have seen some terrible ones at auburn. Like Tony barber’s last team at auburn. We won by 31 but it could of easily been by 50 had we wanted it to be.
I saw about 15 min of it. Mismatch of epic proportions. Verge Jr is the only guy that impressed for them.

Yeah. I was just trying to be respectful. But this isn't their year. I thought Fred would do a better job. He's struggling a little right now. Hopefully Nebraska gives him a few more years to get it going.
It ain't like they have a list of alternatives with the answers.

A massive job he could get last laugh. Just not this yr.

ADVERTISEMENT