ADVERTISEMENT

Have we had enough time to get a feel for how the Conferences will shake out?

Arkansas just lost to an unranked team by 20 and UK hasn't beaten a P-5 team and lost to one with a losing record, but it's your top 3, so carry on.

UK lost to one of the best teams in the country and lost a tough road game. UT shot like 10% from three to an unranked team the other night so I feel good about carrying on.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
UK lost to one of the best teams in the country and lost a tough road game. UT shot like 10% from three to an unranked team the other night so I feel good about carrying on.
There is a difference between 20 pts to an unranked and OT loss. ND had a losing record and are not one of the best teams in the country. But, feel good as you like.

Bert, Scottie, Jarms, JC3,Crazy, CB3, and others. The season is almost 10 games old and we haven't had the pleasure of one "Blueblood thread". I feel cheated!
Jarms? That's a name I haven't heard in like 5 years. 😆

There is a difference between 20 pts to an unranked and OT loss. ND had a losing record and are not one of the best teams in the country. But, feel good as you like.

Do you really not know who I meant with 'best team in the country' or are you being obtuse? I think you start conversations just so you can be uber sensitive.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Do you really not know who I meant with 'best team in the country' or are you being obtuse? I think you start conversations just so you can be uber sensitive.
Of course I know, but I didn't use Duke against UK in the post you responded to. It is no great deed to get beat by a good team. It is a deed to beat a good team.

You're wrong, I start conversations to get dialog going and exchange ideas. I don't care if you really believe that UK is a top SEC team or not. I do like to discuss it and things like it though.

Of course I know, but I didn't use Duke against UK in the post you responded to. It is no great deed to get beat by a good team. It is a deed to beat a good team.

You're wrong, I start conversations to get dialog going and exchange ideas. I don't care if you really believe that UK is a top SEC team or not. I do like to discuss it and things like it though.

You can't really differentiate between Tennessee, Kentucky, and Arkansas if you are looking at what good teams they have beaten. Not yet at least. To be fair, Auburn either though. Alabama is the only team with really good wins.

You can't really differentiate between Tennessee, Kentucky, and Arkansas if you are looking at what good teams they have beaten. Not yet at least. To be fair, Auburn either though. Alabama is the only team with really good wins.
bama has clearly out shined almost everyone in the country as far as impressive wins go. I think you can see (at least I can) that UT and Auburn are pretty talented.

I don't see how you can put UK in that mix at this point, though. I suppose you could say they played Duke competitively.

bama has clearly out shined almost everyone in the country as far as impressive wins go. I think you can see (at least I can) that UT and Auburn are pretty talented.

Sure, but it is reasonable to think that Kentucky and Arkansas could be top three and as good or better than Tennessee or Auburn just as it is reasonable to think Tennessee and Auburn could be there instead.

Sure, but it is reasonable to think that Kentucky and Arkansas could be top three and as good or better than Tennessee or Auburn just as it is reasonable to think Tennessee and Auburn could be there instead.
Could is the operative word. Any of those teams could put it together and run the tables and they might, but to this point there is nothing pointing to that and that is what the thread is about. That's my opinion Cory, but I can respect yours.

Could is the operative word. Any of those teams could put it together and run the tables and they might, but to this point there is nothing pointing to that and that is what the thread is about. That's my opinion Cory, but I can respect yours.

Right, but it is just as reasonable to think they could as Tennessee could, which is my point. There is nothing pointing to Tennessee being better than those teams either. I hope they are. Heck, I hope they win the SEC for two reasons.

I can’t remember a title winner that lost all of its top players and was arguably the best team in the country again the following year. Drew has made his critics look moronic the last few years.

KU is arguably as good as anyone offensively. Need to tighten up a bit defensively in order to truly dominate.

Too early to say who the third best team is. Probably have to give the nod to Iowa St as of now. WV has an argument. Most would expect it to be Texas eventually but I’m a Beard skeptic. I think Adams had a lot to do with his success in Lubbock. It doesn’t surprise me that Texas Tech is arguably better than a far more hyped Texas team.

Oklahoma is surprisingly solid. Hard to say what Oklahoma St or TCU are at this point.

Good league. Even the bottom is fairly competitive.

Right, but it is just as reasonable to think they could as Tennessee could, which is my point. There is nothing pointing to Tennessee being better than those teams either. I hope they are. Heck, I hope they win the SEC for two reasons.
UT did look good against UNC and I think UNC is a good team. UK has had no such win resembling that.

Don't keep us in suspense about the two reasons.

UT did look good against UNC and I think UNC is a good team. UK has had no such win resembling that.

Don't keep us in suspense about the two reasons.

UNC isn't very good IMO. Auburn and Arkansas have comparable wins.

It isn't a riddle. Everyone here knows I pull for Tennessee after UNC (I watch almost every Vols game) and them winning obviously helps UNC as well since they have played them. Those would be the two reasons. I'm hard on teams I like and I like UT.

Reactions: della
and your our mod?
Yeah. So? I don't need to be Rainman to moderate a college basketball board on the interwebs. In fact, it probably helps to have a shitty memory. Nobody is going to die because I forgot about a poster or something that was said on a message board 3 years ago.

Reactions: toonces11
Um...no conference games have been played yet.....every team is even Steven
True so conference standings go by overall record until then and LSU has the best record which is why they are at the top. Now after LSU gets to 12-0 which is very likely they get 7 straight SEC ranked teams in a row starting with AU and UK.

slap on the wrist for Pearl, Wade will get hammered
No he won't. The NCAA doesn't want to spend the money out of their own pocket to get whats needed to do that. That's why I said they are a joke and they are even though you really want him hammered. Fact is he's not anything different that your coach is doing.

Shake out means, how things end up. LSU has not played the level of competition to be considered top three.
They have the #3 RPI in the nation and are in top 12 in power ranking. You should do some research della before you post stupid shit lol.

I don't know much about the ACC other than what UK fans tell us and they are eerily silent and scarce these days. So, why does the ACC suck?
We’re they’re all too busy being on Rupp Rafters finalizing Cal’s employment status.

Reactions: della
Yeah. So? I don't need to be Rainman to moderate a college basketball board on the interwebs. In fact, it probably helps to have a shitty memory. Nobody is going to die because I forgot about a poster or something that was said on a message board 3 years ago.
REPORTED!

• Wow
They have the #3 RPI in the nation and are in top 12 in power ranking. You should do some research della before you post stupid shit lol.
Do you know what rpi measures? Maybe, you should look it up before you use it? The fact of the matter is LSU has not beaten anyone considered good. Ga tech gonna win the ACC? Penn st gonna win the B1G? How about Wake forest? Chances these teams won't even make the NCAA tourney.

I have nothing against LSU aside from the fact it looks bad for the coach on cheating. Y'all just haven't won against anyone considered good.

Auburn is also getting a projected first round pick back next week.I love where this auburn team is at right now

Reactions: Tigerocker
I don't know much about the ACC other than what UK fans tell us and they are eerily silent and scarce these days. So, why does the ACC suck?
Long story short, talent ain't there. I think style of play shifted to SEC, PAC and Big12. SEC has younger coaches playing a more fun style. ACC has lost a few HOF coaches and a few others aging out. The overall shift of top coaches impacts where the top players want to play. The ACC just kind of aged out quickly, without much notice. Poof, Roy and Rick gone. Boeheim and Ham old. Bennett good, but system impacts his ability to bring in that 5 star player consistently maybe. Rest of the programs just avg to worse.

So overall, the "upper tier" programs in flux, lower tier teams making no relevant HC hires to take advantage = Complete shit show.

I'm the lone wolf here now. LST has been gone for like a year and a half and Denn for almost a year.
You are a good MOD. You let posters play. I might zing UK occasionally and you might even get irritated with it, but you fire back as a fan and don't draw on your MOD powers. That is probably the highest compliment I can give a MOD and you deserve it. 🙂

Do you know what rpi measures? Maybe, you should look it up before you use it? The fact of the matter is LSU has not beaten anyone considered good. Ga tech gonna win the ACC? Penn st gonna win the B1G? How about Wake forest? Chances these teams won't even make the NCAA tourney.

I have nothing against LSU aside from the fact it looks bad for the coach on cheating. Y'all just haven't won against anyone considered good.
Nobody in the SEC has won against good teams della and their schedules are very similar to LSU. They beat two teams that were in the NCAA Tourney in Belmont and Ohio and beat Belmont by 30 !

Until SEC play starts it's really a moot point and be thankful Miller is out for the season or they would be lethal.

I just gotta LMAO on the cheating quotes because all the other cheats including UT jr are doing the same thing but lets just pretend they aren't because they weren't caught on tape saying damn strong offer which was recorded by the FBI not the NCAA. If they want that recording they will have to pay for it and they won't come out of pocket to do it. The FBI has no intentions of helping the NCAA which is why they are a joke.

Long story short, talent ain't there. I think style of play shifted to SEC, PAC and Big12. SEC has younger coaches playing a more fun style. ACC has lost a few HOF coaches and a few others aging out. The overall shift of top coaches impacts where the top players want to play. The ACC just kind of aged out quickly, without much notice. Poof, Roy and Rick gone. Boeheim and Ham old. Bennett good, but system impacts his ability to bring in that 5 star player consistently maybe. Rest of the programs just avg to worse.

So overall, the "upper tier" programs in flux, lower tier teams making no relevant HC hires to take advantage = Complete shit show.
Thanks, that was concise and informative.

Its too early to project anything about the SEC. We have the overall number 1 recruit for 2022 enrolling at UK next semester, Shaedon Sharpe. Now whether he plays is yet to be seen. I'll wait to finish the Dec games. UT only name win was against UNC and they were not very good then. Other than that they've failed against Villanova and Texas Tech. Auburn hasn't beaten anyone of note. Bama is kind of eratic. LSU hasn't played anyone with a pulse. Arkansas got a ways to go also.

So beating you chest or boobs (@della), about the sec is just too early.

Reactions: Tigerocker
Nobody in the SEC has won against good teams della and their schedules are very similar to LSU. They beat two teams that were in the NCAA Tourney in Belmont and Ohio and beat Belmont by 30 !

Until SEC play starts it's really a moot point and be thankfull Miller is out for the season or they will be lethal.

I just gotta LMAO on the cheating quotes because all the other cheats including UT jr are doing the same thing but lets just pretend they aren't because they weren't caught on tape saying damn strong offer which was recorded by the FBI not the NCAA. If they want that recording they will have to pay for it and they won't come out of pocket to do it. The FBI has no intentions of helping the NCAA which is why they are a joke.
bama has beaten Houston and Gonzaga
UT has beaten UNC
Auburn doesn't have a super win, but the wins have been more impressive than LSU's.

Cheating is on tape, kinda hard to sweep it under the rug. UT jr? UTK is older than than the state of Texas.

Big 12 looks strong this year. It was very good last year the NCAA T cut them up a little but they did slam dunk the title.

I think conference affiliation a little over valued once the NCAA T starts the teams that advance seem to be from all parts. A couple conferences end up taking massive Ls but they are gonna be susceptible to that when NCAA chooses 8-10 teams from a single league.

Its too early to project anything about the SEC. We have the overall number 1 recruit for 2022 enrolling at UK next semester, Shaedon Sharpe. Now whether he plays is yet to be seen. I'll wait to finish the Dec games. UT only name win was against UNC and they were not very good then. Other than that they've failed against Villanova and Texas Tech. Auburn hasn't beaten anyone of note. Bama is kind of eratic. LSU hasn't played anyone with a pulse. Arkansas got a ways to go also.

So beating you chest or boobs (@della), about the sec is just too early.
Haha, beat'em if you got'em. 😜

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
You are a good MOD. You let posters play. I might zing UK occasionally and you might even get irritated with it, but you fire back as a fan and don't draw on your MOD powers. That is probably the highest compliment I can give a MOD and you deserve it. 🙂
Are you hitting on me, Della? 😘

Just kidding. Thanks, I like to banter back and forth with the best of 'em.

ADVERTISEMENT