ADVERTISEMENT

Has there been a better coach than Roy Williams the last 10 years?

I mean, I was there. I remember you posting and the way you carried yourself. You can fool those here who weren't, though I don't think anyone cares anyway.

Nobody cares but yet you talk about it all the time! If you was there and remember how I carried myself then you would kno I was respectful until I saw how big of a circle jerk that place was. Like I’ve said many times, on that board if you don’t say how great UNc is and how above every other team they are then you’re a troll! I told my buddy about it (who is a huge UNc fan) and he told me to make a fake account so he could read it. After he read it he told me to post on there making fun of UNc fans so I just started with the whole “we do things the right way” and all that other good stuff that y’all like to holler! It was pretty funny to be honest.

Reactions: kl40504
Nobody cares but yet you talk about it all the time! If you was there and remember how I carried myself then you would kno I was respectful until I saw how big of a circle jerk that place was. Like I’ve said many times, on that board if you don’t say how great UNc is and how above every other team they are then you’re a troll! I told my buddy about it (who is a huge UNc fan) and he told me to make a fake account so he could read it. After he read it he told me to post on there making fun of UNc fans so I just started with the whole “we do things the right way” and all that other good stuff that y’all like to holler! It was pretty funny to be honest.

Umm, yeah, sure man.

So back to the topic at hand...
giphy.gif

Lookie there lol, there's that Luke Maye shot again! You UNc guys really kno how to bring itLaughing

You hit it right on the head. But UNC fans are so blind, they cant see it. And they have become way worse since the scandal.

Lookie there lol, there's that Luke Maye shot again! You UNc guys really kno how to bring itLaughing
I had you on Ignore for awhile, and I think it's time for you to go back. Having Phil and you blocked is going to make it a little tougher to navigate Heel threads though, since you two are so clearly hanging from their nut sack. Hope you get another shot at Luke in the tournament, would make for a hell of a narrative, win or lose.

I had you on Ignore for awhile, and I think it's time for you to go back. Having Phil and you blocked is going to make it a little tougher to navigate Heel threads though, since you two are so clearly hanging from their nut sack. Hope you get another shot at Luke in the tournament, would make for a hell of a narrative, win or lose.

Lol so you had me on ignore, took me off and now you’re putting me back on ignore???Laughing You sound like another tar hole on this board. What will I ever do knowing 8675309 put me on ignore? So when the Luke Maye GIF doesn’t work is this what heel fans do? Turn tail and ignore?Laughing Pathetic!

Lol so you had me on ignore, took me off and now you’re putting me back on ignore???Laughing You sound like another tar hole on this board. What will I ever do knowing 8675309 put me on ignore? So when the Luke Maye GIF doesn’t work is this what heel fans do? Turn tail and ignore?Laughing Pathetic!
Not sure what they think putting people on ignore does to that poster. Do they think it has a life changing effect on the poster. They still believe they didn't cheat for 20 years, which says way more about them.

Reactions: wrbchWolfPack81
Not sure what they think putting people on ignore does to that poster. Do they think it has a life changing effect on the poster. They still believe they didn't cheat for 20 years, which says way more about them.

Some people take these message boards way to serious! I just sit back and laugh at how easy it is to get under their skin and then watch them fumble around and try an act like they aren’t bothered. The best part is when they try and turn it on you and it doesn’t work! Tickles the shit outta me!Laughing

Some people take these message boards way to serious! I just sit back and laugh at how easy it is to get under their skin and then watch them fumble around and try an act like they aren’t bothered. The best part is when they try and turn it on you and it doesn’t work! Tickles the shit outta me!Laughing
I can smell it now.

As far as the OP goes, I'd say the answer is no. You could argue K and him are tied for the top spot, but Roy has been money since he's been at UNC.
Roy, K and Cal are better than all but 5 NBA coaches in my opinion.

The player development of guys like Luke Maye, Brice Johnson, PJ Washington, SGA, Luke Kennard, the Plumlees, etc. etc. is nothing short of extraordinary.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Brad Stevens went to the title game back-to-back years with a bunch of 3-star recruits...

Brad Stevens went to the title game back-to-back years with a bunch of 3-star recruits...
I feel like we really didn't get the sample size we desire as CBB fans for Stevens. Is he a good coach? I think you have to give him the nod at this point. He's done pretty well in Boston all things considered.

That being said, we've seen mid majors have runs before and a lot of us chalk it up to great coaching at the time. Only to see it was a special group of players that the coach had for a year or two. Look at Greg Marshall and Wichita State. He was the hottest name out there for a while, now no one is considering him.

I feel like we really didn't get the sample size we desire as CBB fans for Stevens. Is he a good coach? I think you have to give him the nod at this point. He's done pretty well in Boston all things considered.

That being said, we've seen mid majors have runs before and a lot of us chalk it up to great coaching at the time. Only to see it was a special group of players that the coach had for a year or two. Look at Greg Marshall and Wichita State. He was the hottest name out there for a while, now no one is considering him.

He always credits his players for the team's success, which I certainly like. But I gotta think he was doing something right to average close to 28 wins a year over a 6-year span (5 NCAA Tournaments). I agree the sample size is small, but he made it to the Round of 32 in 4 of his 6 years. His program wasn't a one-hit wonder.

Reactions: JimboBBN
If I could hand pick one guy to replace Cal when he retires at UK it would be Stevens!

Good call. Great call, actually.
Yes , yet 4 years ago nobody would say that about George Clooney. They would of said he was the best not to win a title yet. He had a really good 3 year run similar to how Roy sets his best teams up. Then this year they are good not great and having to recover from personnel loss.

ADVERTISEMENT