ADVERTISEMENT

Has there been a better coach than Roy Williams the last 10 years?

Sevro

Nov 18, 2018
Fyre Island
Given what he’s achieved with limited talent, I’d say no. UNC looked like dog shit early in the year and now they are playing the best basketball in the country.

Starting line up

Freshman PG
SG originally committed to VCU
SF transfer from Pitt
PF walk on who wears eye liner
C originally committed to Miss St

Roy is a good coach but the dramatics of this post make it sound like UNC grabs players from McDonald’s drive-thru window instead of the All-American game. I believe he’s had roughly 30 McD All-Americans in his 15 years wearing light blue. Including 2 in White / Little currently.

He had a national title exactly 10 years ago. It’s a harsh reality but if you don’t win, the season is lost and nobody cares. So I wouldn’t consider him the coach of the decade.

Roy is a good coach but the dramatics of this post make it sound like UNC grabs players from McDonald’s drive-thru window instead of the All-American game. I believe he’s had roughly 30 McD All-Americans in his 15 years wearing light blue. Including 2 in White / Little currently.

He had a national title exactly 10 years ago. It’s a harsh reality but if you don’t win, the season is lost and nobody cares. So I wouldn’t consider him the coach of the decade.
2017 was 10 years ago?

It’s amazing that his accomplishments show he’s arguably a top 5-8 coach of all time yet people still dismiss him being as elite today for various reasons. He has a national title and a runner up season in 2 of the last 3 tournaments. He’s still as good as anybody coaching today. He’s always been as good as anybody coaching for the last 30 years.

Ol Roy’s a good coach, but it’s foolish for Servo to suggest he’s doing it with limited talent. It’s not like he’s getting high school all conference players. They may not get the elite of the elite, but Coby set the North Carolina high school scoring record.
He is doing a real good job of having kids that are solid college players, yet not good enough to leave early for the nba.

Whether that’s by his design, or accident, it is proven to be successful.

Given what he’s achieved with limited talent, I’d say no. UNC looked like dog shit early in the year and now they are playing the best basketball in the country.

Starting line up

Freshman PG
SF transfer from Pitt
Limited talent. Bwaaaahhhaaaaaa

Bow, did Roy. Are about his players when he took the starters and himself nd left the court early at FSU a couple of years ago. Leaving the scrubs all alone on the court.

Yeah, Roy cares so much. Biggest phony in college hoops.

Roy knew.

Bow, did Roy. Are about his players when he took the starters and himself nd left the court early at FSU a couple of years ago. Leaving the scrubs all alone on the court.

Yeah, Roy cares so much. Biggest phony in college hoops.

Roy knew.
Hi Afamu...SMILE...want to wish you PEACE my bother. this is a beautiful life we live in, if you really take time to notice.

!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: RollTide7277
No, there hasn’t. Right there at the top with Cal only slightly behind.

Last edited:
2017 was 10 years ago?

Lmao. I meant to say “He has a national title and another exactly 10 years ago.” Honestly when I was typing I looked up and noticed my phone spelled McDonalds wrong like 5 times so I corrected that then obviously screwed that up.

Even though (as a Duke fan) i’d like to pretend I don’t know about ‘17

Has anybody else noticed that the espcnn ticker keeps saying that unc has won 10 of their last 11 games vs ranked opponents? At first, I was impressed. But then I didn't think it was true. So I looked. They arr 7-3 vs ranked opponents this year. Which is good, but doesn't support the claim of 10 out of 11.

Unrelated, but also shitty work by espcnn. In their recap of the Duke vs Syracuse game. They did a "tale of two halves" thing where they said that Duke had 22 points in the first half and 40 in the second. Well, that would mean that Duke scored 62 points when in fact, they scored 75. They had 29 points in the first half and 46 points in the second. They got neither half right. Who does their leg work?

Has anybody else noticed that the espcnn ticker keeps saying that unc has won 10 of their last 11 games vs ranked opponents? At first, I was impressed. But then I didn't think it was true. So I looked. They arr 7-3 vs ranked opponents this year. Which is good, but doesn't support the claim of 10 out of 11.

Think it said 10 of last 11 “at home.” Which is less impressive.

Has any coach ever won so many games with that many ineligible players? I think Roy would be first in that category...

giphy.gif

Some of these tears taste deeeeelicious in this thread. Well done, @Sevro

Unrelated, but also shitty work by espcnn. In their recap of the Duke vs Syracuse game. They did a "tale of two halves" thing where they said that Duke had 22 points in the first half and 40 in the second. Well, that would mean that Duke scored 62 points when in fact, they scored 75. They had 29 points in the first half and 46 points in the second. They got neither half right. Who does their leg work?

Yeah, they are terrible. They just throw stuff out there they see elsewhere I think. That way they don't have to pay people to do certain things anymore. That is what I'm guessing at least.

Heck, Little drove and dunked over a 7 footer yesterday, which apparently wasn't on the top 10 for some reason, and they Tweeted about it and spelled his name wrong. I mean, simple things like that are just sort of indicative of their current product.

Has any coach ever won so many games with that many ineligible players? I think Roy would be first in that category...

And you tried to cheat and you failed. We know it’s Swoffords fault, UNC’s or maybe it could be Luke Mayes fault. Go ahead and pick one and you’ll have a winner!!!

Starting line up

Freshman PG
SF transfer from Pitt
There has definitely not been a better cheater in the last 10 years.

Starting line up

Freshman PG
SF transfer from Pitt

Short answer- no

Looks like you're in that same boat. Your school has a rap sheet 10 miles long so I won't go there but I will leave you this.... No Sanctions.
The sanctions mean dick to me. We know your program is dirty, rationalize 3 decades of cheating however you please.

The sanctions mean dick to me. We know your program is dirty, rationalize 3 decades of cheating however you please.

1) you do realize that was never submitted by any UNC student ever, right? Fake news.

2) take it to the scandal thread

ADVERTISEMENT