ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Anniversary

We don't need to defend anything, the verdict is in.
Yeah, the verdict is that UNC is now known as a fraud snd everyone knows they cheated and that 3 titles are forever tainted.
You guys might as well hang those 93, 05 and 09 banners next to your helms banners, they all hold the same value now.

Yup, it's been ruled on, but changes had to be made. AFAM no longer exists and people were fired. All that stuff didn't happen for no reason. UNC*** followed the instructions that SACS gave them and they saved their asses by doing so. But a scam was committed and they got caught.

Changes were made and SACS made sure UNC fell in line with their requirements. When all this stared I said from the beginning this wasn't a good look and I knew were going to get smacked but the more I read the info on our home board and premium site the more I was convinced this may not turn too bad.

Yeah, the verdict is that UNC is now known as a fraud snd everyone knows they cheated and that 3 titles are forever tainted.
You guys might as well hang those 93, 05 and 09 banners next to your helms banners, they all hold the same value now.

Nope, personally the Helms doesn't carry nearly the weight as a NCAA title. Now don't try to decorate our house and how we celebrate past teams.

Yup, it's been ruled on, but changes had to be made. AFAM no longer exists and people were fired. All that stuff didn't happen for no reason. UNC*** followed the instructions that SACS gave them and they saved their asses by doing so. But a scam was committed and they got caught.

Yeah, committed by the university and the academic side of things, which is what I told you guys way back. I tried to prepare you guys so you could get over it and let it go. You didn't listen because you don't like the basketball team. Now you suffer the consequences. I would like to say I hate it for you but I did my part to try and help you guys already. So I hope it keeps hurting.

Changes were made and SACS made sure UNC fell in line with their requirements. When all this stared I said from the beginning this wasn't a good look and I knew were going to get smacked but the more I read the info on our home board and premium site the more I was convinced this may not turn too bad.
This is all correct. The class was a fraud though, at least admit that. McCants making his way on the Dean's list was also a sham. If UNC didn't scrap AFAM and come up with a new course with a new curriculum, SACS would have pulled accreditation and then the NCAA would have vacated a whole bunch of seasons.
If the course wasn't fraudulentfraudulent, nobody would have lost their jobs, AFAM would still he going and nothing would have been changed.
These are all facts that can't be denied.

Reactions: kl40504
Yeah, committed by the university and the academic side of things, which is what I told you guys way back. I tried to prepare you guys so you could get over it and let it go. You didn't listen because you don't like the basketball team. Now you suffer the consequences. I would like to say I hate it for you but I did my part to try and help you guys already. So I hope it keeps hurting.
Ha ha, false. Yes it was on the academic side. Who's debating that?
Bottom line though Cornfly, if SACS pulled accreditation, the course would not have counted, all the way back to its inception. That means any person that took that course would have lost all of their credits for it and that includes the athletes that took it as well and it was proven that basketball players took AFAM each year all the way back to its inception.
True or false.

Nope, personally the Helms doesn't carry nearly the weight as a NCAA title. Now don't try to decorate our house and how we celebrate past teams.
You're not picking up what I'm laying down.
I'm saying that those 3 titles that were acquired during the AFAM scandal are now as worthless as those bread titles your university is proudly displaying.
There were players from each season that took that AFAM class, so in my mind and a lot of others minds, those three titles shoukd have been vacated along with 20+ full seasons.

You're not picking up what I'm laying down.
I'm saying that those 3 titles that were acquired during the AFAM scandal are now as worthless as those bread titles your university is proudly displaying.
There were players from each season that took that AFAM class, so in my mind and a lot of others minds, those three titles shoukd have been vacated along with 20+ full seasons.

Worthless? No they're not, still count, nothing taken, banners still up, that's your opinion

1Auof.gif
I laughed hard. So unlike you.

@UL_1986 & @jhmossy

Would you guys mind pointing out where you find some Jim jams getting rustled here? You two seem to be the kings. There used to be a guy that was an IU fan with a picture of John Belushi in a toga too. Whatever happened to him?

@UL_1986 & @jhmossy

Would you guys mind pointing out where you find some Jim jams getting rustled here? You two seem to be the kings. There used to be a guy that was an IU fan with a picture of John Belushi in a toga too. Whatever happened to him?
Why are UK fans obsessed with bring these 2 in to referee? Seems very odd

And prior to that when has the SEC been any good?
The SEC was really good in the 90's when Arkansas was a top 5 program.
It was also good in the 2000's when Florida was rolling along with UK.
UT and UK were solid in the 70's and 80's.
ACC has been a 2 horse league for most of its existence too.

The SEC was really good in the 90's when Arkansas was a top 5 program.
It was also good in the 2000's when Florida was rolling along with UK.
UT and UK were solid in the 70's and 80's.
ACC has been a 2 horse league for most of its existence too.

False, 3 schools have won titles: UNC (6), Duke (5), NC State(2) before expansion. In the early 70's NC State was really good and Duke was a tier below them and UNC.

False, 3 schools have won titles: UNC (6), Duke (5), NC State(2) before expansion. In the early 70's NC State was really good and Duke was a tier below them and UNC.
I didn't say there were only 2 schools that won titles out of the ACC, heck, you forgot Maryland and Syracuse (although Cuse won there's when they were in the Big East).
The SEC 3 programs with titles, not bad for a football league.

Why didn't UNC win them then? They had the same playing field as UK back then.
Is it because they hadn't figured out how to create Sham classes?

This is a very good question! I’m not seeing little willies or UNCheatinkys answer for it thought? Guys...are you there???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT