ADVERTISEMENT

GITT if you are scared, KU fans.

HRTheCard

Sep 15, 2016
Team
Louisville
Auburn is getting MOLLY WHOPPED. I thought Clemson would win, but GOOD LORD. Clemson can very well be headed to the EE, especially if one of their better players didn't get injured.

They shouldn't be. Auburn is not who they used to be. Ever since that injury situation, they've been absolutely atrocious. Hurt them in a terrible way offensively and defensively ever since. Auburn is genuinely this bad now, and most SEC fans even picked them to be the first team upset from the conference.

I know Auburn lost Anfernee Mclemore but losing by 40 in the NCAA Tournament when you're the higher seed... Damn

To make it even worse Clemson is without Donte Grantham which should have evened it out

Bill self is like 9-3 in the S16. The only losses are to 2 hall of fame coaches and Beilein.

I can't see them losing to Clemson.

Reactions: KisteK
Yeah because KU is Auburn and Clemson will play just as good as they've played tonight. Will be a fun game.

Reactions: doogie503
Is there a particular reason we should be scared? Clemson's playing great today, not denying that. For every team left in the tourney, there are no easy games from here on out. The time for being scared of your opponent or you own shadow are over. If you are scared of the next opponent, you don't belong in the tournament.

Looking forward to playing Clemson Friday night. It's going to be a damn good game.

I’m watching and looking around for someone on this Clemson team that can bang with Dok and I’m not seeing it

Teams rarely play that far above their heads twice in a row. In the tournament, usually, the opposite happens.

Reactions: wesr
I’m watching and looking around for someone on this Clemson team that can bang with Dok and I’m not seeing it

Elijah Thomas definitely can. And he might injure him too. Just like he did to De’Andre Hunter

Senton Hall scared me a lot more than Clemson ever will. Clemson has no one that can match up with Doke and they don't shot the 3 very well. Should be a good game but KU will win by 10-15.

Elijah Thomas definitely can. And he might injure him too. Just like he did to De’Andre Hunter

Surely you aren’t referring to 6’9 237lb Elijah Thomas. You definitely can’t think that guy is going to injure 7’0 280lb Udoka.

If Dok can stay on the floor and KU tightens up their perimeter D some, KU should win this game. It will be another pseudo home game for the Jayhawks.

Clemson is a very physical team. They are not afraid to rough it up. Elijah Thomas was 3rd in voting for ACC Defensive Player of the Year - he can probably match up fairly well with Dok. Certainly I would favor Dok, but Thomas isn't going to be embarrassed. David Skara, Aamir Sims, and Marcquise Reed are pretty solid on defense, too. Should be a close game. I'll say Kansas by 7.

It will be a 50/50 game, just like all year. If we play our best we win. If we play our "B" game or worse, we could easily go down.

Kansas rolls.
I dont' know if they'll roll. But KU seriously schooled many of the teams in the Sweet 16 this year. KSU and WVU three times. Don't remember what they did against Texas Tech, but I know they also beat Kentucky. I don't want the bastards to win it all this year, but I'm starting to get a little afraid we're marching toward that.

I dont' know if they'll roll. But KU seriously schooled many of the teams in the Sweet 16 this year. KSU and WVU three times. Don't remember what they did against Texas Tech, but I know they also beat Kentucky. I don't want the bastards to win it all this year, but I'm starting to get a little afraid we're marching toward that.
1-1 against Tech but also 1-0 against A&M.

Lotta games to go before any of us fans feel like a title game is Kansas's to lose. Would likely have to beat Duke and Villanova just to get to the championship game and they'd be underdogs in both of those matchups.

But I hope you're right that those little Jayhawk bastards are marching towards a title. It wouldn't make any sense for this team to be the one to do it out of all of those other KU teams that lost early but that's what happens in March.

UVA is 6-0 against all 4 remaining ACC teams. None of that shit matters.

Reactions: GE Nole
What matters in March is having guards who can hit shots when the sphincters tighten in the second weekend. KU has that but then again they've gone miraculously cold in the past. It's just usually in the Elite Eight.

Normally I'd say Kansas beat Clemson because self has time to prepare and then they will promptly lose in the E8.

But this year it just all comes down to how well Kansas shoots the 3 in any given game. They're gonna take a lot.

Reactions: KisteK and npreston
It helps that De Sousa got some development time while Udoka was out.

Now we have two African bigs to beat up Elijah Thomas with.

Yep that's pretty much what does us in.
Actually, last year we shot fine in the first half against Oregon. The problem was they went through that stretch where they hit something like 15 out of 17 shots including several threes....many of which were banked in bullshit by that asshole that never stops smiling. Our shooting went downhill when they were up 17. Things got tight at that point knowing we’d be out of there with a loss. Coming back 17 down against a good team is tough in the regular season with no pressure, but doable. Coming back from 17 down against a good team when you’re going home with a loss....that is a different kind of pressure.

Actually, last year we shot fine in the first half against Oregon. The problem was they went through that stretch where they hit something like 15 out of 17 shots including several threes....many of which were banked in bullshit by that asshole that never stops smiling. Our shooting went downhill when they were up 17. Things got tight at that point knowing we’d be out of there with a loss. Coming back 17 down against a good team is tough in the regular season with no pressure, but doable. Coming back from 17 down against a good team when you’re going home with a loss....that is a different kind of pressure.

Our ball movement was stagnant as well and when the ball doesn't move from side to side, getting clean looks will be hard to come by even on the dribble drive. Down 17 in the elite eight is not the most ideal spot to make a run in and you're right, for KU it was definitely doable. At the same time KU spent so much energy finding ways to get defensive stops (which they started to get in the 2nd half) but damn our guys were running low on gas.

Only when his senior guard melts down while his counterpart has a career night.

That is tough to overcome.

His counter part was the NPOY so Burke outplaying selfs senior guard shouldn’t be shocking. Burke didn’t even play that good for the vast majority of the game.

Maybe self should have fouled up 3 with 7 seconds left instead of letting the NPOY get a game tying shot off.

The better floor coach won that night.

His counter part was the NPOY so Burke outplaying selfs senior guard shouldn’t be shocking. Burke didn’t even play that good for the vast majority of the game.

Maybe self should have fouled up 3 with 7 seconds left instead of letting the NPOY get a game tying shot off.

That Burke outplayed EJ wasn’t at all shocking. That one would have a career worst while the other a career best was...surprising.

Reactions: KisteK

So the better floor coach's strategy was to get badly outplayed for 39 out of 40 minutes?

That Burke outplayed EJ wasn’t at all shocking. That one would have a career worst while the other a career best was...surprising.

What was Burke that game? 9 of 23? He certainly has better games. It was his most memorable game because of that shot but it’s terms of efficiency it wasn’t his best game.

I think the case can be made he was better in multiple other games that year (West Virginia, Michigan State, CMU, Illinois).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT