ADVERTISEMENT

Game week - Official GOAT Series in all of Sports Thread

To substantiate my point farther, why don't you find a UCLA fan on this board.

Sorry you are going to fail. There ain't none that I can recall.

No one in Los Angeles gives a shit about college basketball unless UCLA is undefeated and ranked number 1. UCLA is a massive school and I think that the last sellout was for the Kentucky game played there on Dec. 3, 2015.

I don't disagree with you. My main contention, is that it's subjective. UCLA has the most titles. Kentucky has been the most consistent since the beginning. Duke has probably been the best program in the modern era (most titles/tournament wins since the inception of the 3-point line). UNC is certainly up there in the upper echelon and they've made the Final Four every decade. That's why it's fun to have these discussions. It's debatable. There's merit to multiple fanbases. If it was women's basketball, there would be absolutely nothing to argue about.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
To substantiate my point farther, why don't you find a UCLA fan on this board.

Sorry you are going to fail. There ain't none that I can recall.

No one in Los Angeles gives a shit about college basketball unless UCLA is undefeated and ranked number 1. UCLA is a massive school and I think that the last sellout was for the Kentucky game played there on Dec. 3, 2015.

Aren't you the English guy?

Yup, I think that's the recipe to beat Duke.

It's a solid recipe, but how do you replicate it? Outside of the Syracuse game, we've only attempted 30+ threes on two separate occasions (Army and Stetson). The Cuse game had two starters out of action, most notably our point guard - and the game went to overtime. We're #3 in the country in 2-pt shooting (58.7%) and 316th in 3-pt shooting (31.3%). Certainly the closer you get to a 1:1 ratio for 2-pt FGA and 3-pt FGA the better, but that's not especially easy to enforce.

In terms of fastest tempo, UNC is #5 in the country, while Duke is #18. This has the potential to be a VERY high scoring game. Wouldn't be surprising at all to see the winner reach 100+ points... I'll say Duke 89, UNC 77.

It's a solid recipe, but how do you replicate it? Outside of the Syracuse game, we've only attempted 30+ threes on two separate occasions (Army and Stetson). The Cuse game had two starters out of action, most notably our point guard - and the game went to overtime. We're #3 in the country in 2-pt shooting (58.7%) and 316th in 3-pt shooting (31.3%). Certainly the closer you get to a 1:1 ratio for 2-pt FGA and 3-pt FGA the better, but that's not especially easy to enforce.

It it was easy to replicate or enforce then Duke would have a bunch of losses. It isn't easy but it is possible. UNC may not really have the recipe for it though as they don't have a ton of defenders with excellent foot speed to stay in front of guys. Personally, I wish they would change up their defenses constantly.

Pretty much. There was a huge discrepancy in the early days. I mean, UNC did do a little better in the 80's and 90's, I'll grant them that. But even still, if I go back the past 4 decades, Duke is 48-40.
You love cherry-picking stats, eh? How about this one, since Roy has come to the Hill UNC has three titles to K's two. Roy owns K where it matters to Carolina fans, and it's fvcking wonderful.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Aren't you the English guy?
Chemistry and after I failed to get a job in chemistry, it was business administration.

Plus, I love ain't. Many other words are recognized as correct that are an abuse of English, but no one accepts ain’t but me.

After I won a Pulitzer prize in journalism I chose to major in Chemistry. I needed a challenge.Eyeroll

You love cherry-picking stats, eh? How about this one, since Roy has come to the Hill UNC has three titles to K's two. Roy owns K where it matters to Carolina fans, and it's fvcking wonderful.

Everybody loves cherry-picking. That's kind of our job, as fans. See below:

Dean + Roy = K

Reactions: tw3301 and 829305
Chemistry and after I failed to get a job in chemistry, it was business administration.

Plus, I love ain't. Many other words are recognized as correct that are an abuse of English, but no one accepts ain’t but me.

After I won a Pulitzer prize in journalism I chose to major in Chemistry. I needed a challenge.Eyeroll

Aint is fine. None becomes the issue.

Line opened at Coach K -10 but is dropping as people tend to bet against pure evil.

I’m gonna say UNC shocks the world and wins! UNC 78
Duke 71

Just from what I have seen, you guys struggle against pressure defense and teams that rebound at or above your level. When unc rebounds and hits the three, they look like world beaters. Duke relies on creating turnovers and offensive rebounds. We'll see who plays to their strengths.

Hagans had 8 steals against UNC, and Jones is almost or as good on D as Hagans.

I’ve always heard how expensive tickets to Duke/UNC at Cameron were but it’s crazy how high ticket prices for tomorrow night’s game are. I’ve seen prices ranging from around $2500 up to as much as $10,652. My dad knows a guy that has Duke season tickets and he sells his Duke/UNC tickets for $750 a piece and I used to think that was a lot. lol

Last edited:
I’ve always heard how expensive tickets to Duke/UNC at Cameron were but it’s crazy how high ticket prices for tomorrow night’s game are. I’ve sewn prices ranging from around $2500 up to as much as $10,652. My dad knows a guy that has Duke season tickets and he sells his Duke/UNC tickets for $750 a piece and I used to think that was a lot. lol
Zion came with a hefty price tag. Got to get it back somehow.

Hagans had 8 steals against UNC, and Jones is almost or as good on D as Hagans.

He's better than Hagans. Hagans is very good at tipping passes and getting into the passing lanes but isn't anything special otherwise.

Reactions: sgrooms
I’ve always heard how expensive tickets to Duke/UNC at Cameron were but it’s crazy how high ticket prices for tomorrow night’s game are. I’ve sewn prices ranging from around $2500 up to as much as $10,652. My dad knows a guy that has Duke season tickets and he sells his Duke/UNC tickets for $750 a piece and I used to think that was a lot. lol
No one give a crap.

For $2,500 you can buy an 85 inch 4k TV and actually see the game.

Duke plays worse at home than they do on the road. I think UNC's best chance for a win this year is tomorrow night.
I agree, sadly. Not sure what that's about but they seem to have that killer mentality on the road (outside of the first 30+ minutes at Louisville).
Another reason why Roy is better than K

Only 3? K is getting ready to break in a new hand for his rings SmokinSmile
Crazy Hagans was on the Naismith mid season defensive award list, and Jones wasn't.
That's not crazy, it's criminal.

Anybody else been up all night watching ESPNU? Showing old Duke/UNC games all night and all day for those of you that care.

ADVERTISEMENT