ADVERTISEMENT

Game week - Official GOAT Series in all of Sports Thread

Just saw an article say the cheapest tickets for tonight’s game are $2500 online. I’ve always wanted to go see them play but I’m not sure if I’ll ever pony up that kind of money for 2 + airfare/hotel/entertainment. You could go to most places in the world and stay somewhere nice for a full week for that kind of money. I doubt I’d ever be able to convince my wife we should go to North Carolina for 2 days instead of a week in Bali for the same amount of money. Lol
they were $1,400 about a month or 2 ago but they always go up right before the game. I came very close to pulling the trigger this year but didn't go through with it. you can get decent tickets @ UNC for like $115.

Reactions: schoonerwest
Just saw an article say the cheapest tickets for tonight’s game are $2500 online. I’ve always wanted to go see them play but I’m not sure if I’ll ever pony up that kind of money for 2 + airfare/hotel/entertainment. You could go to most places in the world and stay somewhere nice for a full week for that kind of money. I doubt I’d ever be able to convince my wife we should go to North Carolina for 2 days instead of a week in Bali for the same amount of money. Lol
We stayed 5 nights at an all inclusive resort and two nights in shitty hotels in Belize. Not counting the money we spent on random stuff, we spent around $3,400 for two of us. Hella perspective there. But I am sure it is nothing to the people who are forking that kind of coin to watch a two hour basketball game sweating their asses off. Would be an amazing experience, but not worth it for middle class folk like me.

Reactions: schoonerwest
We stayed 5 nights at an all inclusive resort and two nights in shitty hotels in Belize. Not counting the money we spent on random stuff, we spent around $3,400 for two of us. Hella perspective there. But I am sure it is nothing to the people who are forking that kind of coin to watch a two hour basketball game sweating their asses off. Would be an amazing experience, but not worth it for middle class folk like me.

Yeah, that's me. I don't mind dropping a couple of grand for a week at the beach or even a thousand for a weekend trip for me and the wife but for one game?? Not unless I get a different job.

If they manage to win the title, they would be the worst 3 point shooting team ever to do it. Since it has been a thing, of course.
"Hembekides’ research for ESPN’s Get Up talk show: Duke is shooting 31 percent from outside this season and no team has ever won the title while shooting three-pointers that poorly."

If they manage to win the title, they would be the worst 3 point shooting team ever to do it. Since it has been a thing, of course.

I bet they hit them tonight. They have made them in big games so far. Seems that way at least.

Someone should shop Hansbrough’s face on Bachman and K’s on that little shit.

Or put Hansbrough's face on that little shit and Henderson's face on the good samaritan.

Ui1AEeG.gif

This is how smack talking works. You don’t have JC and KL/LKC spitting the same narrative in every thread which ends up destroying all threads. Just two teams fans goin at it by presenting factual arguments. Nice.

This is how smack talking works. You don’t have JC and KL/LKC spitting the same narrative in every thread which ends up destroying all threads. Just two teams fans goin at it by presenting factual arguments. Nice.
talking about posters is just as bad. tifwiw

actually nevermind. my bad.

they were $1,400 about a month or 2 ago but they always go up right before the game. I came very close to pulling the trigger this year but didn't go through with it. you can get decent tickets @ UNC for like $115.

Yup, I went a few years ago and got tickets for $1,250 about a month before the game. They were over $2,000 the day of the game.

Not saying it's a lie, but I went in '06 and the cheapest online were like $600, granted this is the Dean Dome (which changes things dramatically), but we paid $300 each outside the Dome, and we were in the lower bowl. Online is going to rape you.

Yeah but you probably still want to see if Duke covers the spread or not.

Maybe. Or I could just check the score on my phone tomorrow. Probably will do that- no reason to watch Carolina get beat by the greatest team in the history of college basketball. What's the point?

Not saying it's a lie, but I went in '06 and the cheapest online were like $600, granted this is the Dean Dome (which changes things dramatically), but we paid $300 each outside the Dome, and we were in the lower bowl. Online is going to rape you.
I know it can be done outside of the stadium before the game for a lot cheaper but I like the peace of mind knowing I have tickets beforehand. Especially if I’m traveling overnight.

Still though, I’m always afraid the tickets I buy for anything online and use to scan to get in aren’t going to work.

Reactions: 829305
I know it can be done outside of the stadium before the game for a lot cheaper but I like the peace of mind knowing I have tickets beforehand. Especially if I’m traveling overnight.

Still though, I’m always afraid the tickets I buy for anything online and use to scan to get in aren’t going to work.

Boy do I have a story for you. In 1997 a buddy and I went to Indy to see my beloved Heels in the Final Four. Long story short, we bought counterfeit tickets from a large African-American in a fur coat. Who would've thunk it, seemed like a real straight shooter. Brutal. Not to be outfoxed, we sold em between the Carolina/Arizona and Kentucky game to some UK fans. While it wasn't the nicest move, I was 20 (with less of a conscience) and wasn't gonna get fvcked over. We lost money in the deal, but we were dead broke after buying the counterfeits, and we needed drinking money for that night. We ended up losing on the deal, but we got drunk.

Boy do I have a story for you. In 1997 a buddy and I went to Indy to see my beloved Heels in the Final Four. Long story short, we bought counterfeit tickets from a large African-American in a fur coat. Who would've thunk it, seemed like a real straight shooter. Brutal. Not to be outfoxed, we sold em between the Carolina/Arizona and Kentucky game to some UK fans. While it wasn't the nicest move, I was 20 (with less of a conscience) and wasn't gonna get fvcked over. We lost money in the deal, but we were dead broke after buying the counterfeits, and we needed drinking money for that night. We ended up losing on the deal, but we got drunk.
racist.

You appear to have as much football knowledge as every other Dukie.
I couldn't tell what year it was from the gif, I know UNC hasn't beaten Duke in 3 years so I just assumed it was a loss.

I'm just painting pictures, bro. ;) The best part was when I realized they were fake I went on a rampant search for this asshole. He had to be 6'5 300, and I was ready for a fight at 6'2 175 (soaking wet). I wish I would've found him just to see what I would've done. I was livid. Ha.

Reactions: tw3301
I'm just painting pictures, bro. ;) The best part was when I realized they were fake I went on a rampant search for this asshole. He had to be 6'5 300, and I was ready for a fight at 6'2 175 (soaking wet). I wish I would've found him just to see what I would've done. I was livid. Ha.
It is poetic justice, counterfeit tickets for counterfeit classes. Winking

Reactions: 829305
ADVERTISEMENT