ADVERTISEMENT

Fvck the state of New Jersey

ThdccrYZfIzUF9p1hKqif_215ikVC4yovonI020X_uykkKntf-G6ogqmOySUe3hklMkgmNfN9M_p5d8Jd9ohKURurnnoI6HSscxjn6LKGPmwT4qCValfY1xNZRIhPWYUAls8E3Va9fKfPNVV00uBZCNjC1aNzvMYNgU

I'm a bit of a mutt now. Lived in Jersey for 18 years, Lexington for 10, Lansing, MI for 15, now Nortgern KY for 4.
I'd put the Memphis dialect up against anyone's anywhere in any English spoken country on being the hardest to learn to decipher. Maybe northern England, but IDK.

I can't tell you how many times I had to have ppl repeat themselves over and over when I first moved here. "I'm sorry, do what...I still didn't get it, my bad. I caught this, are you trying to say..."

I'd put the Memphis dialect up against anyone's anywhere in any English spoken country on being the hardest to learn to decipher. Maybe northern England, but IDK.

I can't tell you how many times I had to have ppl repeat themselves over and over when I first moved here. "I'm sorry, do what...I still didn't get it, my bad. I caught this, are you trying to say..."

Eastern, KY is the toughest I've heard. Hard working people, but my goodness, I can't understand a damn thing they're saying.
"Oil" sounds like "all".

Eastern, KY is the toughest I've heard. Hard working people, but my goodness, I can't understand a damn thing they're saying.
"Oil" sounds like "all".
Haha. My mom and aunt is as country as it gets. We're central (Campbellsville,Columbia,Greensburg), but she puts an r in wash and I in pants, "worsh up and put on those paints". Along with too many others to list such as motor ohl.

I never picked it up. When I moved to Columbus in my early 20's, ppl had a hard time believing I was from Kentucky do to my enunciations.

Haha. My mom and aunt is as country as it gets. We're central (Campbellsville,Columbia,Greensburg), but she puts an r in wash and I in pants, "worsh up and put on those paints"
Yup, I know it well.
It really gets hard to understand when massive amounts of teeth are missing.
Those coal truckers out in the Eastern KY hollers don't seem to actually want teeth.

Yup, I know it well.
It really gets hard to understand when massive amounts of teeth are missing.
Those coal truckers out in the Eastern KY hollers don't seem to actually want teeth.
You lost me there, I don't know anything about that.

I think a heavy southern accent is a lot like a British accent. Real annoying with men, but sweet with a pretty girl. Still would take it over a heavy NJ accent, though.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Parts of Australia will give you a run for your money.

I grew up in Bergen County, have been in Florida for 32 years. I lived close enough to the city not to have a Joisey accent and far enough away not to have a New York accent. People always asked me why I didn't have an accent, I said I learned how to enunciate.

But to the OP...yes Jersey sucks. Taxes, weather, congestion. My public school education however was top notch. Most of my classmates went ivy/junior ivy or got accepted to just about anywhere they applied. My HS had a great rep. But full of entitled a holes.

Reactions: toonces11
How about should be a great game tomorrow. Hope Harper plays.

Ok, so it's our second biggest game of the year, and Rutgers matches up well with us.

Both teams will learn alot today

What's this nonsense in this here thread?

NJ has 16 of the 100 richest towns in America, we gave you film and the light bulb and the telegraph, we have some of the best education and health care and fiscal opportunity in the country, we are the Cradle of the American Revolution, we gave you Paul Rudd and Paul Simon and Shaq, we pay more into the federal tax coffers that the rest of you leech off of than nearly any other state, we have the third highest median household income in the country, and our people are among the most educated in the country. Toss in having the greatest city in the world about 30 minutes away, and yeah, NJ is pretty excellent.

Sure, we have our dumbasses... I've never seen that Jersey Shore show, but they look like douchebags... but everyone does. Trust me, you find the worst white trash in Kentucky or Texas or South Carolina, and it will put Jersey white trash to shame. And we obviously have shitty sections... anyone who has ever flown into or out of Newark International Airport has seen it.

But overall, NJ is a pretty good state.

ADVERTISEMENT