ADVERTISEMENT

Full potato

Did you get the shot?

• Total voters
How bad of a candidate are you, to lose to a ****ing stroke victim?

You could certainly be right. But I don't know. I think the people who vote on the issue have always voted the same way. But like I said, how significant was it either way when you look at who won and where? There were non stop ads against Ted Budd and Michael Lee in North Carolina with all kinds of fear mongering regarding abortion, and in a state that traditionally swings parties, both of them easily won their races. Just one example, I know. But still.
It’s a very sensitive issue for a lot of people, especially on that side. I’m just putting myself in the same position. If the Dems put something into law I hated or really felt strongly about, I might be more inclined to vote as opposed to skipping it. But you’re probably right. If you voted that way before you probably went in similar numbers this time.

We can’t have Trump again, he’s turned off everyone that isn’t completely against liberals like we are. DeSantis all the way, my man.

It’s a very sensitive issue for a lot of people, especially on that side. I’m just putting myself in the same position. If the Dems put something into law I hated or really felt strongly about, I might be more inclined to vote as opposed to skipping it. But you’re probably right. If you voted that way before you probably went in similar numbers this time.

We can’t have Trump again, he’s turned off everyone that isn’t completely against liberals like we are. DeSantis all the way, my man.
Trump starting to cause A LOT of damage, man...

I think DeSantis walks to the WH, IMO....

I odn't understand how people can care so much about unborn babies that they are willing to continue to go through what this current administration is putting this country through..

See how that works?
If anything you just proved my point. If abortion stays legal no one who votes Republican is going to start voting democrat. But, if abortion is no longer legal then you have all sorts of democrats coming out of the wood work to vote AND you probably lost some fringe republicans as well who were pro choice.

With that in mind, why would the GOP pick a fight on this hill when everything in this country was leading us right to a GOP ass kicking of the democrats at the voting booth. All they had to do was leave well enough alone and they would've completely demolished the democrats yesterday.

Such a stupid short sighted move by the GOP.

Even if it had nothing to do with red turning out it had a ton to do with blue turning out. Do most republicans even want an abortion to be illegal? Pubs my age for the most part think it should be legal. Just like gay marriage. If the GOP could ever separate itself from those two things we would never lose again. Those are honestly two really stupid things to be against
Yep.

My analogy on all this:

Abortion is to the Republican party as Wokeness is to the Democrat party. Both are poison pills that do more to upset people on the other side than they do to make the people on your side happy.

I became a Republican because I was so disgusted by the wokeness PC crap.

I'm sure there are people today who are saying the same thing only its them becoming a democrat because of the abortion issue.

Such a stupid shortsighted move by Republicans. Just like woke ness overreach was such a stupid move by Democrats.

I mean.... look at our president. 😂
70s-show-crying.gif

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Who wears a hoodie on the campaign trail.

*jealous b/c I have a job that requires a presentable appearance, but they also require me to speak eloquently to all ages.
Ha, I thought the same thing. "Damn, this dude really just rolled out of bed in mom's basement, smoked a joint (and took all his stroke pills) threw his hoodie on, and went about his business." Just like I would expect from 15-year-old little Johnny before going out on his paper route.

And if Libs keep control of the Senate he'll be the reason why. Republicans keep that seat they win majority, period.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
If anything you just proved my point. If abortion stays legal no one who votes Republican is going to start voting democrat. But, if abortion is no longer legal then you have all sorts of democrats coming out of the wood work to vote AND you probably lost some fringe republicans as well who were pro choice.

With that in mind, why would the GOP pick a fight on this hill when everything in this country was leading us right to a GOP ass kicking of the democrats at the voting booth. All they had to do was leave well enough alone and they would've completely demolished the democrats yesterday.

Such a stupid short sighted move by the GOP.
I do not disagree. But to me, it is silly to "vote" the country into a fire, over a SINGLE issue. I agree the Pubs made a mistake overturning Roe v Wade; should have waited until after the midterms---But hindsight is 20/20. I do think women who's life is in danger, rape, or the fetus has issues, i.e. severely deformed, etc, etc....should have the ability to have an abortion. I DO NOT believe abortion should be available out of "not wanting to be a parent",or in other words, for convenience. How someone is OK with KILLING a fetus/baby just b/c, is ****ing beyond me. The "its my body" is such ****ing shit.

Anyways........If I had to choose between:

Highest inflation in what 40 ****ing years....
High as **** gas prices....
High as **** everything prices...
Highest crime rate in years...
Uncontrolled borders
Transportation policy have failed miserably...
Real average earnings have dropped 1.7%
President selling our reserves to China----****ing really? How does one do this?
Afghan extraction----JFC....
No longer being energy indep..

Or,

Abortion being legal?

Is it really that tough of a fuking decision?

I mean.... look at our president. 😂
Ya know, Kevin----its really not funny anymore----You know? Scary shit. Never been a political person. Didn't care who the ****ing President was, b/c it never impacted me.

But now? Holy fukin shit...I mean what in the "two ****ing stroke victims being in charge" is going on here....

Seriously----How do you watch Fetterman speak-----and go---"Yeah, I'm voting for that guy".

How?

Who wears a hoodie on the campaign trail.

*jealous b/c I have a job that requires a presentable appearance, but they also require me to speak eloquently to all ages.
I know, right.....

Dude reminded me of, well me-----when I was 15, and late for my summer job:
1. Grab hoodie
2. Jump on bike
3. Get to work ASAP

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Ya know, Kevin----its really not funny anymore----You know? Scary shit. Never been a political person. Didn't care who the ****ing President was, b/c it never impacted me.

But now? Holy fukin shit...I mean what in the "two ****ing stroke victims being in charge" is going on here....

Seriously----How do you watch Fetterman speak-----and go---"Yeah, I'm voting for that guy".

How?
They could both be brain-dead vegetables (some would argue they already are) laying unconscious in a hospital bed and being kept alive by machines and libs would still vote for them just because they are blue. Like the dead guy PA voted in with 85% of the vote, so now they have to hold a special election to fill his seat.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I'm curious about the abortion topic. What races were won because of this? So it wasn't the supposed red wave the republicans were predicting. They still will have the house back and at least have a shot at the senate. Not exactly a loss. But more importantly, in the states that have the most controversial abortion proposals, the republicans won I believe. And I don't think the republicans were the ones who focused on abortion.

I really think it was lack of messaging and the fact that the republicans don't even try with the 18-35 group who are more likely to be influenced to support democrats.

I wish we could just vote out all incumbents, every cycle.

IMO, elections are about one thing. Turnout. MOST people are always going to vote one way. The abortion issue is a very divisive one and anything like that motivates people. A lot of women came out all over and voted. It isn't that they voted blue, it is that they voted period. Rallying people who will vote your way to just get out and vote is the key.

But with this particular issue I also think it influences some people who don't care either way to vote simply because of this issue. That and the election stuff were pretty big factors IMO. No one likes a bunch of loser talk. It wears on you.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
But with this particular issue I also think it influences some people who don't care either way to vote simply because of this issue.
That's exactly it. People that don't normally vote or get involved in politics whatsoever will vote just because of a single issue like abortion rights.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Right should have completely ignored all social issues and gone in hard on the economy and basically the job the administration had done so far.
THIS....

But like Trump(who couldn't shut the **** up in 2020), got in their own damn way.

Right should have completely ignored all social issues and gone in hard on the economy and basically the job the administration had done so far.
You're acting like this was a single candidate going against the POTATUS. I don't disagree with your overall point, but it's not like it is as simple as we're making it out to be here. It's damned near impossible for the GOP to deliver a unified message when you have a combination of the media tying every GOP candidate to Trump and..... Trump himself. I saw plenty of campaigns run on actual issues, the democrats just did a good job reaching their base, which doesn't care about actual issues. That and the left hammering social issues, which play small roles in people's lives. Outside of this election showing that the republicans are sorry sacks of shit, it shows how little the democrat voters actually care about the things that have real affects on their lives.

Reactions: cdbearde
You're acting like this was a single candidate going against the POTATUS. I don't disagree with your overall point, but it's not like it is as simple as we're making it out to be here. It's damned near impossible for the GOP to deliver a unified message when you have a combination of the media tying every GOP candidate to Trump and..... Trump himself. I saw plenty of campaigns run on actual issues, the democrats just did a good job reaching their base, which doesn't care about actual issues. That and the left hammering social issues, which play small roles in people's lives. Outside of this election showing that the republicans are sorry sacks of shit, it shows how little the democrat voters actually care about the things that have real affects on their lives.
Clever move to seperate the Pubs from for Trump supporter and regular republicans.

Chase ended with a blown front tire, cop rammed him, almost hit gas pumps, almost ran over a cop, cops opened fire, but he is alive and seems fine.
Was he fine? I watched the whole thing but stopped after they pumped his car full of bullets and everyone was just sitting there for a while. Assumed he was dead.

I want to know why they arrested that one guy in the car that got run into right by the gas station. There were like 4 cops jumping a guy and beating his ass before cuffing him. No idea what that was about.

Was he fine? I watched the whole thing but stopped after they pumped his car full of bullets and everyone was just sitting there for a while. Assumed he was dead.

I want to know why they arrested that one guy in the car that got run into right by the gas station. There were like 4 cops jumping a guy and beating his ass before cuffing him. No idea what that was about.
Cowboy fans are like cockroaches. ...is that ok to say?

The dude seemed fine, but they took him off with EMS. He stood up and walked out and away from the car after they broke the window and cuffed him.

No idea about the guy in the car they arrested.

The dude seemed fine, but they took him off with EMS. He stood up and walked out and away from the car after they broke the window and cuffed him.

No idea about the guy in the car they arrested.
I thought dude in cuffs was someone who got hit and they just detained him,

I thought he would be dead also. But if you think about it, without going back and looking at again, the bullet holes in the truck was behind the driver's seat, the three shot gun holes in the driver window would be the concern. But regular shotgun shells are multiple small projectiles called buckshot, they lose velocity fast when hitting something, such as the window, so the police wasn't using a round like 00buck, which is fewer and a lot bigger projectiles. It was a light load "small brass" load is the only way I can see it. 🤷‍♀️

I thought he would be dead also. But if you think about it, without going back and looking at again, the bullet holes in the truck was behind the driver's seat, the three shot gun holes in the driver window would be the concern. But regular shotgun shells are multiple small projectiles called buckshot, they lose velocity fast when hitting something, such as the window, so the police wasn't using a round like 00buck, which is fewer and a lot bigger projectiles. It was a light load "small brass" load is the only way I can see it. 🤷‍♀️
If you want to see some bad ass shit, watch the channel called Police Activity on Youtube. It's all video from police body cams and car cams and most involve shootings where people get killed. Here's just one example. There are a lot of car chases too that end in a similar fashion. CAUTION: NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.

If you want to see some bad ass shit, watch the channel called Police Activity on Youtube. It's all video from police body cams and car cams and most involve shootings where people get killed. Here's just one example. There are a lot of car chases too that end in a similar fashion. CAUTION: NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.

Wow, how many times do you have to shoot someone? He must be using a puss 9mm, he needs Glock 45 cal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT