ADVERTISEMENT

Full potato

Did you get the shot?

• Total voters
Idk, I guess I just don’t really watch the news too much anymore. Hardly ever if I’m being honest. That may sound disingenuous, but I’m being serious. It might also seem like I’m uninformed.
We stopped watching the news as well. But I am part of our county townhall via email and it gets me digging into some things. I think there is a collective effort to give out false information in order to instill fear. Almost two years into this, I think we have used more fear than facts, and the fear over facts is at an all time high. Data doesn't lie, data shows that there is little difference between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated when it comes to illness. This is data from countries that aren't ate up in politics like we are. It's far past time to start living with the virus instead of hiding from it. It's not going anywhere.

Reactions: cdbearde
How? Where is the proof that a vaccinated person who contracted covid was better off than had they not been vaccinated? There is no proof. Most people don't have severe symptoms. I respect that you don't agree with mandates, but I am curious about how you believe that vaccinated people sick with covid are better off than non vaccinated people sick with covid.

Because of personal experiences I've had here and from people I know in the hospitals here who I've talked to. People I know who have died and been really sick versus the vaccinated people I know who have not. It seems there is no proof that would ever really satisfy you tbh. You can't prove that someone who gets the virus was better off because we can't create two realities and isolate the variables in that way. So I think you have created parameters so that it will always be impossible for you to be convinced it is worth it, which is fine. Just don't take it. The only thing we can do is look at who is having the most severe Covid illnesses and who was or wasn't vaccinated. If x number of people with severe cases are all unvaccinated it seems you would just make the argument that there is no way to know those 100 people wouldn't have been just as sick with the vaccine. Again, that is fine but basically means nothing is ever really able to be proven.

We stopped watching the news as well. But I am part of our county townhall via email and it gets me digging into some things. I think there is a collective effort to give out false information in order to instill fear. Almost two years into this, I think we have used more fear than facts, and the fear over facts is at an all time high. Data doesn't lie, data shows that there is little difference between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated when it comes to illness. This is data from countries that aren't ate up in politics like we are. It's far past time to start living with the virus instead of hiding from it. It's not going anywhere.

I completely agree there. Live with it. Think that is the only real choice we have.

Because of personal experiences I've had here and from people I know in the hospitals here who I've talked to. People I know who have died and been really sick versus the vaccinated people I know who have not. It seems there is no proof that would ever really satisfy you tbh. You can't prove that someone who gets the virus was better off because we can't create two realities and isolate the variables in that way. So I think you have created parameters so that it will always be impossible for you to be convinced it is worth it, which is fine. Just don't take it. The only thing we can do is look at who is having the most severe Covid illnesses and who was or wasn't vaccinated. If x number of people with severe cases are all unvaccinated it seems you would just make the argument that there is no way to know those 100 people wouldn't have been just as sick with the vaccine. Again, that is fine but basically means nothing is ever really able to be proven.
Yeah. It's 100% anecdotal. Over 80% of unvaccinated people are asymptomatic or minor symptoms. Over 80% of vaccinated are asymptomatic or minorsymptoms. There is literally no way of proving that, once sick with covid, you are better off vaccinated than not. Another factor that helps your argument could be that fat rednecks are less likely to be vaccinated. So they would have struggled either way.

Yeah. It's 100% anecdotal. Over 80% of unvaccinated people are asymptomatic or minor symptoms. Over 80% of vaccinated are asymptomatic or minorsymptoms. There is literally no way of proving that, once sick with covid, you are better off vaccinated than not. Another factor that helps your argument could be that fat rednecks are less likely to be vaccinated. So they would have struggled either way.

If those numbers are accurate they don't really matter to me. What matters are the ones who have severe symptoms. One of the reasons I have become a little more in the camp or really wishing people would get it is because of the healthy people I have seen get it. I get that is anecdotal but don't think it matters. The way you framed it makes it impossible to ever prove anyway.

Again, I have read many things like what you posted, read the rebuttals to some of it, and read just as much pro vaccine stuff as well. I'm very fortunate to know actual real living people who I know and trust and who I know for a fact aren't biased or persuaded in any way who have shared their opinion with me.

I guess my question back would be does it concern you that people who are not vaccinated are so much more likely to have severe issues with Covid. Because here at least that is without any question the case and I don't have to find any manipulated data or articles to support or refute it. It comes straight from the people dealing with it directly. I also know absolutely no one who has had any side effects (outside of feeling poopy for a little bit) and you would think out of the hundreds of people I know who have had it at least someone would have had one of these very prevalent side effects. There is little doubt there are some rare side effects. Almost anything you take into your body has those.

I respect the right of people to be skeptical though. I was skeptical myself so understand it. Like most things, it is a risk/reward deal in some ways. However, I don't really buy into conspiracy stuff and big brither is out to get you type stuff and it has served me well over the years. I've seen and heard many 'theories' and stories the media has hid from us come and go and most of it ends up being nonsense. I respect the right of people to believe it though.

It’s pretty lazy to dismiss everything that challenges media-driven narratives as a kooky conspiracy theory. Have politicians or gov’t officials ever lied or omitted info? Have corporations ever suppressed info in favor of profits? When Pharma board members are determining the programming you watch on TV, do you really think you’re getting unbiased info?

Do you really trust your tiny anecdotal sample over the autopsies of a world-renowned pathologist?

It would be nice if anyone in the US would perform some autopsies, but it hasn’t happened. Which should raise major questions in itself.

Even if these shots had proven to be 100% safe in the short-term, we still know nothing about longterm dangers. Very strange that so few are concerned about participating in the largest clinical trial in world history.

Btw, even if I were deciding based on anecdotal evidence, I’d still steer clear.

Several of the vaccinated people I’ve asked (not that many total) have had troubling side effects and regret taking it, and my mom knows two people who died within a few days of their shots.

Btw, even if I were deciding based on anecdotal evidence, I’d still steer clear.

Several of the vaccinated people I’ve asked (not that many total) have had troubling side effects and regret taking it, and my mom knows two people who died within a few days of their shots.

By your own methods thousands of people could die within days of taking the shot and it would prove absolutely nothing so you really shouldn't consider that if you want to be consistent. Also, the side effects could be unrelated to the vaccine since that person can't go back and not take the vaccine. You see how this 'proof' burden you wish to use doesn't really work. It basically just leaves it up to a feeling. Again, that's fine but you just have to kind of treat both ways the same.

Last edited:
Idk, I guess I just don’t really watch the news too much anymore. Hardly ever if I’m being honest. That may sound disingenuous, but I’m being serious. It might also seem like I’m uninformed.
I don't pay much attention to the media on Covid anymore, to much of changing stories or so called facts. My wife works in the medical field and I listen to her everyday when she comes home from the hospital, that is where I get my info, straight from daily experience. 👍
Hell, Media is not worth a shit for anything anymore.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I think the KY numbers are interesting. An article came out saying Ky had 6 of the top 10 worst counties for covid. In the third overall spot was a place with one of the lowest vaccination rates in the state. However the worst overall was one of the most vaccinated counties with about 48% vaccinated.

By your own methods thousands of people could die within days of taking the shot and it would prove absolutely nothing so you really shouldn't consider that if you want to be consistent. Also, the side effects could be unrelated to the vaccine since that person can't go back and not take the vaccine. You see how this 'proof' burden you wish to use doesn't really work. It basically just leaves it up to a feeling. Again, that's fine but you just have to kind of treat both ways the same.
My opinions weren't formed based on anecdotes. I was using your logic. However, it makes a lot more sense to me to be hesitant based on anecdotal evidence than to use it to justify taking the plunge. That bell that can't be unrung.

Let's be honest...very, very few of the vaccinated are taking an objective approach toward the issue of safety. Most of you flat out ignore anything that you don't want to hear. The German pathologist's autopsies should be a huge concern to anyone. It's the closest thing we have to proof of causation or lack thereof, and it doesn't look good. The VAERS data above should be very concerning too. Yet most bury their heads and ignore info like this, while fully buying into claims of the vaccinated being far less likely to have severe symptoms.

My opinions weren't formed based on anecdotes. I was using your logic. However, it makes a lot more sense to me to be hesitant based on anecdotal evidence than to use it to justify taking the plunge. That bell that can't be unrung.

Let's be honest...very, very few of the vaccinated are taking an objective approach toward the issue of safety. Most of you flat out ignore anything that you don't want to hear. The German pathologist's autopsies should be a huge concern to anyone. It's the closest thing we have to proof of causation or lack thereof, and it doesn't look good. The VAERS data above should be very concerning too. Yet most bury their heads and ignore info like this, while fully buying into claims of the vaccinated being far less likely to have severe symptoms.

I don't really feel like I ignore what I don't want to hear any more than people that don't take it do the same. Most of you flat out ignore anything you don't want to hear and don't really take an objective approach. I have read a lot both ways, though I've stopped recently because everything seems to have an angle or slant to it. I would guess most people have not because most people are entrenched on one side or the other. Again, I haven't just taken a few anecdotal cases. I have talked to real people who run hospitals and work in them (aside from what I have tried to research). One thing I haven't really done is listen to what the news has said much (not saying you have either). I am extremely confident in the vaccinated being less likely to have severe symptoms. You seem to think anyone who disagrees with you buries their head in the sand. I think you made up your mind and look for things to reinforce your opinion.

Last edited:
I don't really feel like I ignore what I don't want to hear any more than people that don't take it do the same. Most of you flat out ignore anything you don't want to hear and don't really take an objective approach. I have read a lot both ways, though I've stopped recently because everything seems to have an angle or slant to it. I would guess most people have not because most people are entrenched on one side or the other. Again, I haven't just taken a few anecdotal cases. I have talked to real people who run hospitals and work in them (aside from what I have tried to research). One thing I haven't really done is listen to what the news has said much (not saying you have either). I am extremely confident in the vaccinated being less likely to have severe symptoms. You seem to think anyone who disagrees with you buries their head in the sand. I think you made up your mind and look for things to reinforce your opinion.

You say that you don't ignore what you don't want to hear, and yet...you're ignoring pretty strong evidence of danger in favor of a few medical people telling you what you want to hear. You see this, right?

We all have biases, but there's a difference. A lot of you are dug in because you're vaccinated. I'm unvaccinated because I'm dug in.

You say that you don't ignore what you don't want to hear, and yet...you're ignoring pretty strong evidence of danger in favor of a few medical people telling you what you want to hear. You see this, right?

We all have biases, but there's a difference. A lot of you are dug in because you're vaccinated. I'm unvaccinated because I'm dug in.

Or maybe you have it backwards. Regardless,it isn't a few medical people despite whatever you want to tell yourself.

I did all of my research before I took it. My wife did as well. After that I was confident in my decision and it has worked out great for me. I'm not doing research again now. That makes no sense. Years and years from now when I'm still ok I'm sure there will still be people telling me to just wait, it's coming for you. It isn't though.

Fun discussion though. Later.

So when a bunch of people get sick or die because they got vaxed, how exactly would that come off as having this under control? We could get into the media spin of it but that's an entirely different road to go down.
Oh im not saying i think the shot will cause ppl to get sick and die, im not that informed.

I just think NO ONE knows the long term effects of these shots bc of the way they were rushed and untested.

Ill answer a question with a question. Why would they try to mandate every business with 100 employees EXCEPT the highest branches of government, the cdc, the fda, and the companies that made the damn vaccines in the first place.

I meant the wanted to push the narrative of how effective the vaccines were to kepp the economy from tanking, when in reality the data from basically every other country in the world contradicts what our government has been telling americans.

Oh im not saying i think the shot will cause ppl to get sick and die, im not that informed.

I just think NO ONE knows the long term effects of these shots bc of the way they were rushed and untested.

Ill answer a question with a question. Why would they try to mandate every business with 100 employees EXCEPT the highest branches of government, the cdc, the fda, and the companies that made the damn vaccines in the first place.

I meant the wanted to push the narrative of how effective the vaccines were to kepp the economy from tanking, when in reality the data from basically every other country in the world contradicts what our government has been telling americans.
That is what I don't understand if it is fact, I have said in previous posts who I work for, and have not heard anything that we are except. Pick and choose as politics normally goes, and that's all parties. 🙄

Tbh @lurkeraspect84 might be putting a sheriff level troll job on me, idk i dont eff with the news either. The mandate exemption list makes less sense than just about anything ive heard regardijgn the virus/vax. (Well except the woman bitching about his mask then wanting a drink of dudes water, thats beyond stupid.)

It seems there are more people in intensive care units who are unvaxxed after getting Covid than those who are vaxxed. Friends and family that work in health care have confirmed so.

The only response I can see that differs here is that the unvaccinated are dying at a higher rate than the vaccinated. Not looking at numbers, just actual people in my part of the country. After having COVID and knowing people who were vaccinated and got it, they faired much better than me. Few days of mild symptoms and then done. Took me almost a month. Just m two cents. And I am sure some will disagree.

Last edited:

Sorry, but I disagree with you on this. Being vaccinated in the majority of cases saves you from going through a rough COVID experience and in most cases keeps you out of the hospital. That is my experience and with about 20 people I know who have had it. After having it, I would recommend the vaccination in a heart beat to family and friends. It comes down to logic in my case. A month of being sick and feeling like you are going to die, compared to 3-5 days of mild symptoms. Of course, there are outliers, but that has been my experience.

Everyones experience is different though, i had covid in jan 2020, and when they ask fauci (or anyone) why people who have already had covid should have to get the vaccine when they already have the antibodies from having covid before the vax was created, and he says he doesnt know and he cant really give a good answer to that question, it makes me personally feel as though i dont need the vaccine.

Plus i was luckily asymptomatic, besides loss of smell for a few weeks. So my exp has been diff than yours.

But im not telling people not to go get vaxxed either. Im more of a ima do what i want, you can do what you want kind of person.

Everyones experience is different though, i had covid in jan 2020, and when they ask fauci (or anyone) why people who have already had covid should have to get the vaccine when they already have the antibodies from having covid before the vax was created, and he says he doesnt know and he cant really give a good answer to that question, it makes me personally feel as though i dont need the vaccine.

Plus i was luckily asymptomatic, besides loss of smell for a few weeks. So my exp has been diff than yours.

But im not telling people not to go get vaxxed either. Im more of a ima do what i want, you can do what you want kind of person.
Cant agree more. I dont want to get the second vax as I have had the first, but I feel it will make life easier.

So I have one vax and have had COVID, so I am very immune.

I am impressed with the number of folks who still are not vaccinated. Good for them.

It seems there are more people in intensive care units who are unvaxxed after getting Covid than those who are vaxxed. Friends and family that work in health care have confirmed so.
Some of my best girl friends are nurses, and this is what I'm getting as well. Unvaccinated people are getting hit much harder than vaccinated. This is the best information I have to go by at this point for COVID. Since you can basically find any numbers you want to form an argument.

Nurse friends: We are overrun with covid patients, and almost all of them are unvaccinated.

Me: Good to know, I should probably get the shot

Your question is implying that the government is more interested in protecting themselves than its citizens. If you were correct, the government would never be taken seriously again and would be overrun. Do you think that is their goal?

There is no scenario where this vaccine isn't helping and people don't turn on the healthcare field or governments.

If the government wanted to lose control over its people, pushing out a shot that doesn't help anything is a good start.

Some of my best girl friends are nurses, and this is what I'm getting as well. Unvaccinated people are getting hit much harder than vaccinated. This is the best information I have to go by at this point for COVID. Since you can basically find any numbers you want to form an argument.

Nurse friends: We are overrun with covid patients, and almost all of them are unvaccinated.

Me: Good to know, I should probably get the shot
This exactly. Since everyone doesn’t trust media and research/data that they think is skewed or biased. I ask questions right at the source, where you have to. It’s the only sense of legitimacy I can gather right now.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Not sure where else to post, but since @coryfly has been in here recently. How's your golf game been lately? Haven't played a round in almost 2 months at this point in the year. I got to fvcked up last time I played and struggled to finish lol

There have also been multiple cases where hospitals are admitting to making up numbers of vax v not vax. My brother just recovered from covid, was in the ICU for 9 days. Fully vaxxed. 16 other deputies, all vaxxed were sick, one died. Not one story on the news about it. But what does make the news daily is the number of unvaxxed people in ICU. And we're supposed to just believe that number? Nah.

Everybody reacts different to the virus. There is no way of knowing that someone who is vaccinated faired better because they were vaccinated or if there would have been any difference. That's just guessing. Again, I am not against anyone getting the vaccine and there's at least a decent chance that it will protect you from contracting the virus. But there is no reall evidence that shows that once sick with the virus, you are better off with the vaccine. It's all anecdotal.

Reactions: toonces11
There have also been multiple cases where hospitals are admitting to making up numbers of vax v not vax. My brother just recovered from covid, was in the ICU for 9 days. Fully vaxxed. 16 other deputies, all vaxxed were sick, one died. Not one story on the news about it. But what does make the news daily is the number of unvaxxed people in ICU. And we're supposed to just believe that number? Nah.

Everybody reacts different to the virus. There is no way of knowing that someone who is vaccinated faired better because they were vaccinated or if there would have been any difference. That's just guessing. Again, I am not against anyone getting the vaccine and there's at least a decent chance that it will protect you from contracting the virus. But there is no reall evidence that shows that once sick with the virus, you are better off with the vaccine. It's all anecdotal.
Wow. Real world scenarios are how I try and form my opinion. Your story is crazy.

According to Pfizer's own 6-month randomized study, more people died in the vaccinated group than the unvaccinated. But their press releases framed it as a huge success because it allegedly showed great efficacy vs Covid.

Another very important detail about their study is that it involved the healthiest specimens on the planet, rather than a sample that represents the general population.

According to Pfizer's own 6-month randomized study, more people died in the vaccinated group than the unvaccinated. But their press releases framed it as a huge success because it allegedly showed great efficacy vs Covid.

Another very important detail about their study is that it involved the healthiest specimens on the planet, rather than a sample that represents the general population.
Can you show us that statement. Again, not questioning, but very curious.

I doubt my friends were making anything up. They work directly with COVID patients. Its a pretty easy conversation I would think.

"Have you been vaccinated?"

"No"

I doubt my friends were making anything up. They work directly with COVID patients. Its a pretty easy conversation I would think.

"No"
I'm not suggesting that your friends are making anything up. Every case is different, no two hospitals have the same types of cases. Technically, though, it's against the law for hospitals to disclose someone's medical records. They can give numbers without names, but that would be really easy to manipulate as well, in which case the nurses would also be going by word of mouth. Who knows, I've said my share.

Reactions: JimboBBN
I'm not suggesting that your friends are making anything up. Every case is different, no two hospitals have the same types of cases. Technically, though, it's against the law for hospitals to disclose someone's medical records. They can give numbers without names, but that would be really easy to manipulate as well, in which case the nurses would also be going by word of mouth. Who knows, I've said my share.
They are women, so you're right to be skeptical

"No"
I find this to be the most informative route. When you hear it from a trusted source you actually know, it gives it a lot more legitimacy. One thing the general population doesnt understand well is the context when they hear reports like "the hospital is overflowing with covid patients". For instance, I live in a town of roughly 50k people. We have a fantastic level 3 trauma hospital that has 1300 employees and 135 physicians. It serves a 14 county region with a population of 170,000. It has 393 licensed and certified hospital rooms. Of those rooms, the ICU has 18 beds. So a hospital serving 170,000 people could be considered overrun with 18 covid cases with severe breathing complications.

15 vaccinated people died, 14 in the placebo group died. Only 3 deaths were attributable to COVID; 2 in the placebo group and 1 in the vaccinated group. The other deaths were verified as deaths due to other causes.

15 vaccinated people died, 14 in the placebo group died. Only 3 deaths were attributable to COVID; 2 in the placebo group and 1 in the vaccinated group. The other deaths were verified as deaths due to other causes.

Was their method of "verification" similar to this method?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ccine-n1256880

A Virginia minister died shortly after she received a coronavirus vaccination, authorities said Friday, though there was no indication the vaccine was at fault.

Drene Keyes, 58, received her Pfizer vaccine at a clinic in Warsaw, which is about 80 miles north of Newport News, before falling ill, Warsaw police Chief Joan Kent told NBC News.

Officials said they did not know the cause of death, or any underlying conditions Keyes might have had that could have contributed to her death, and said there was no evidence it was tied to the vaccination.

Keyes remained at the clinic for 15 minutes after the shot, as recommended, before returning to the clinic later that day, Kent said. She was rushed to VCU Health Tappahannock Hospital, where she died Saturday.

While an official cause of death was not immediately determined, Keyes did not die from any allergic reaction connected to the vaccine, according to state Health Commissioner M. Norman Oliver.

Was their method of "verification" similar to this method?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ccine-n1256880

A Virginia minister died shortly after she received a coronavirus vaccination, authorities said Friday, though there was no indication the vaccine was at fault.

Drene Keyes, 58, received her Pfizer vaccine at a clinic in Warsaw, which is about 80 miles north of Newport News, before falling ill, Warsaw police Chief Joan Kent told NBC News.

Officials said they did not know the cause of death, or any underlying conditions Keyes might have had that could have contributed to her death, and said there was no evidence it was tied to the vaccination.

Keyes remained at the clinic for 15 minutes after the shot, as recommended, before returning to the clinic later that day, Kent said. She was rushed to VCU Health Tappahannock Hospital, where she died Saturday.

While an official cause of death was not immediately determined, Keyes did not die from any allergic reaction connected to the vaccine, according to state Health Commissioner M. Norman Oliver.

I don’t know their methods. I do know that correlation is not causation. For instance, when a well respected pathologist says 30-40% of people he autopsied might have died from the vaccine, he’s noting a correlation, but presenting it as causation.

I find this to be the most informative route. When you hear it from a trusted source you actually know, it gives it a lot more legitimacy. One thing the general population doesnt understand well is the context when they hear reports like "the hospital is overflowing with covid patients". For instance, I live in a town of roughly 50k people. We have a fantastic level 3 trauma hospital that has 1300 employees and 135 physicians. It serves a 14 county region with a population of 170,000. It has 393 licensed and certified hospital rooms. Of those rooms, the ICU has 18 beds. So a hospital serving 170,000 people could be considered overrun with 18 covid cases with severe breathing complications.
I am very close with a nurse who has shared a lot of details about our main hospital. There are +/- 120,000 people in our county and there are 38 normally operating ICU beds available at any given time according to her. When the summer surge began, they had to use the spill over beds for the first time since the pandemic. Sounded really terrible. Turns out it was 34 covid patients. Which is not a downplay at all, just that all it takes is 30 some sick people to fill the ICU. Crazy. She also mentioned that more than beds, the need staff. As of last week, two nurses for the entire covid floor. That's not just ICU, but regular covid admissions as well. The maternity ward is also desperate for nurses. Crazy times.

I don’t know their methods. I do know that correlation is not causation. For instance, when a well respected pathologist says 30-40% of people he autopsied might have died from the vaccine, he’s noting a correlation, but presenting it as causation.

You just stated as fact that the other deaths were verified to have no causation, without any details about how this conclusion was drawn. Just "Pfizer said so."

Now you're dismissing actual autopsies performed by a pro-vaxxer who happens to be one of the top pathologists in the world.

Got it.

I'm sure you see nothing to be concerned about in the VAERS data up there either.

ADVERTISEMENT