ADVERTISEMENT

Full potato

Did you get the shot?

• Total voters
B62-C8-DB2-DD43-49-DB-AA99-24-CEB53778-D2.jpg

didn't duke lead the way on shutting down home attendance last year?
They've also told employees to get vaccinated or get fired. It was the same for students, proof of vaccination was required before they were allowed to enroll. That's why their vaccination rate is so high.

Dr. Michael Yeadon, Pfizer’s former Vice President and Chief Science Officer, in March 2021:

“I’m well aware of the global crimes against humanity being perpetrated against a large proportion of the world’s population….I have absolutely no doubt that we are in the presence of evil…and dangerous products [the gene-based vaccines].”

These damn self-promoting, unqualified quacks just keep crawling out of the woodwork...

Some signs that North Carolina has peaked with the current wave. Cases have leveled off over the past couple of weeks and hospitalizations have dropped for the first time since mid June.

Reactions: toonces11
Did I see a headline they are mandated companies of 100+ to vaccinate their employees? Maybe that's not correct or there's more to the story?

Now that would be putting some people to the screws if they go through with that.

Gotta believe they have some kind of option to show a negative test weekly or something?

Good luck y'all

Did I see a headline they are mandated companies of 100+ to vaccinate their employees? Maybe that's not correct or there's more to the story?

Now that would be putting some people to the screws if they go through with that.

Gotta believe they have some kind of option to show a negative test weekly or something?

Good luck y'all
"Emergency rule."

There will be lawsuits. I don't think anybody is really gonna go through the trouble to show a negative test weekly. Not sure a doctor's office could even schedule the needed appointments. Can't imagine any employer providing on-site testing.

Can't seem to find the Constitution I know I got it somewhere around here. I wonder what it says about emergencies.

Reactions: cdbearde
Even if you use VAERS data, which is grossly underreported, there have been more than 36 times as many deaths in vaccinated people than all vaccines combined last year. Let alone injuries and side effects.

And these MFers want to force it on us. Excellent.

They say they will quit, but how many new jobs are gonna be available for the unvaccinated? And if they quit wouldn't that put them on the govt. tit for unemployment? Everybody sitting on enough $ to get through it? I think they are stuck, if this is a thing. But will it really be a thing? Lawsuits probably stall it but yeah the sh!t show is on the way.

How you gonna enforce it? Gonna make all businesses hire extra security? He has to know all the red states gonna file lawsuits and a lot of business will too. And employees.

Good time to go to law school?

They say they will quit, but how many new jobs are gonna be available for the unvaccinated? And if they quit wouldn't that put them on the govt. tit for unemployment? Everybody sitting on enough $ to get through it? I think they are stuck, if this is a thing. But will it really be a thing? Lawsuits probably stall it but yeah the sh!t show is on the way.

How you gonna enforce it? Gonna make all businesses hire extra security? He has to know all the red states gonna file lawsuits and a lot of business will too. And employees.

Good time to go to law school?
Generally if someone willfully quits their job they aren't eligible for unemployment payments, but that is a huge gray area if the reason for quitting is based on not wanting to get the vaccine. If it wasn't mandatory when they started working there but was implemented after the fact then they would probably be eligible for unemployment in most circumstances.

Generally if someone willfully quits their job they aren't eligible for unemployment payments, but that is a huge gray area if the reason for quitting is based on not wanting to get the vaccine. If it wasn't mandatory when they started working there but was implemented after the fact then they would probably be eligible for unemployment in most circumstances.
Who knows in todays time. I am a Government employee, we will see how things shake out. 👍

I'm in Vegas, been here for 3.5 years. Going to FL for family reasons. Definitely not looking forward to humidity and mosquitoes again.
Good luck with the family bud. I hope you can hook up with a Federal job like US mail or something to keep building you Federal time, it counts on job retention in all Federal jobs, and in this day and time that means more than when I was young.
Good luck. 👍

I'm in Vegas, been here for 3.5 years. Going to FL for family reasons. Definitely not looking forward to humidity and mosquitoes again.
Also, I think you have Military, that's awesome. !!!!!!!
That adds to your time and gives you a plus on the USPS

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Good luck with the family bud. I hope you can hook up with a Federal job like US mail or something to keep building you Federal time, it counts on job retention in all Federal jobs, and in this day and time that means more than when I was young.
Good luck. 👍
Thanks! I am hoping to get on with one of the resource agencies like USFWS, Forest Service, etc. I'm less than a year away from 8 hours of annual per pay period.

Thanks! I am hoping to get on with one of the resource agencies like USFWS, Forest Service, etc. I'm less than a year away from 8 hours of annual per pay period.
So you are pushing 15 years, that is when I started getting 8 hours per pay check. USPS can roll over more annual time per year than me, and I don't understand that. I am happy for them, but all I can have is 240, or lose it.
Sick leave is 4 hours a pay period from start to retirement, never changes.

And anyone reading this, two week pay period.

So you are pushing 15 years, that is when I started getting 8 hours per pay check. USPS can roll over more annual time per year than me, and I don't understand that. I am happy for them, but all I can have is 240, or lose it.
Sick leave is 4 hours a pay period from start to retirement, never changes.

And anyone reading this, two week pay period.
Yep, pushing 15. I am actually close to 240 now, and I've never been close in my career. Used to be a serial earn and burner! I kind of wish I would have stayed in the military. I would've been retiring right about now. Would be nice to be double dipping! Are you close to retirement? I believe the govt pays you for unused sick leave now upon retirement, which is nice. Used to be you just lost it. I know people that retired with several thousand hours of sick leave and didn't get a dime for it.

Reactions: cdbearde
Yep, pushing 15. I am actually close to 240 now, and I've never been close in my career. Used to be a serial earn and burner! I kind of wish I would have stayed in the military. I would've been retiring right about now. Would be nice to be double dipping! Are you close to retirement? I believe the govt pays you for unused sick leave now upon retirement, which is nice. Used to be you just lost it. I know people that retired with several thousand hours of sick leave and didn't get a dime for it.
They don't pay you nothing for sick leave, if you were in the old program pre 96, then for every I think 1200 hours (don't hold me to that exact number) you would get an extra service year. But you and me will get nothing for sick leave, but our annual leave will be paid out as owed. So my last year, three years from now I will roll over my 240 and not take any all year to build it up to be paid, I will use my sick leave for any time I want off that year, if my health holds up. I have had two medical problems that burnt over 600 hours of sick leave, so you never know what the future has in store for you as you age. :confused:

They don't pay you nothing for sick leave, if you were in the old program pre 96, then for every I think 1200 hours (don't hold me to that exact number) you would get an extra service year. But you and me will get nothing for sick leave, but our annual leave will be paid out as owed. So my last year, three years from now I will roll over my 240 and not take any all year to build it up to be paid, I will use my sick leave for any time I want off that year, if my health holds up. I have had two medical problems that burnt over 600 hours of sick leave, so you never know what the future has in store for you as you age. :confused:
I am speaking for my job.

Kevin, I can't say all Federal jobs are the same, they should be, but like I said that I have been told USPS can roll over more time than I can, so who knows.
But I can guarantee you that if you continue your career Federal that your Federal service time will count for job retention, the only ones that would be a head of you would be the ones with Veteran preference, meaning, been in a theater of operations, or the top spot, a disabled Veteran, and that goes as percentage of disabled. Anyway bud that's the way it goes, I know because I am a Union rep, and I have to know that.
Good luck on getting a job to continue your service bud. 💪

And everything I said is what my branch of our government is. Who knows. If anyone knows anything different going on, I would love, and damn near beg to hear it. 👍 👍

Last edited:
Hoping you stay healthy from here on out! I guess with the sick leave they just add it to your service time now. This is what I dug up from a USGS page:

FERS employees are now given credit for sick leave due to a change in the law as of October 2009. Under FERS, if you retire prior to 2014, you will receive credit for half of your sick balance at retirement. If you retire 1-1-14 or later, you will receive credit for your full sick leave balance at retirement. For CSRS employees your full sick leave balance is converted to service credit. Sick leave service credit is used for annuity computation only - it cannot be used for eligibility purposes.

The days of unused sick leave that are added are used only in counting your number of years and months of service for annuity computation purposes. The sick leave cannot be used in computing your "high-3" average salary or for meeting the minimum length of service for retirement eligibility.

To compute the additional credit for sick leave at retirement, add the months and days of sick leave to the months and days of actual service.

For example:
Actual Service --------- 30 years, 4 months, 16 days
Sick leave at retirement ---------- 4 months, 24 days
Total Credit ------------- 30 years, 9 months, 10 days

Only years and full months of service are used in the annuity computation – the remaining days are dropped. In the example above, the 10 days would be dropped and you would receive no credit for them towards retirement. 10 days converts to 58 hours of sick leave.

Kevin, I can't say all Federal jobs are the same, they should be, but like I said that I have been told USPS can roll over more time than I can, so who knows.
But I can guarantee you that if you continue your career Federal that your Federal service time will count for job retention, the only ones that would be a head of you would be the ones with Veteran preference, meaning, been in a theater of operations, or the top spot, a disabled Veteran, and that goes as percentage of disabled. Anyway bud that's the way it goes, I know because I am a Union rep, and I have to know that.
Good luck on getting a job to continue your service bud. 💪
Oh yeah, I already get vets preference and have tenure but that only really helps up to about GS-11, which is my current position. Since I left the military I have worked for 3 different federal agencies over the past 11 years: IRS, Natural Resources Conservation Service, and Bureau of Land Management. Once I get to Florida that number will go to 4 unless I work for NRCS again because I am not going back to the IRS and BLM only exists mostly in western states and a few in the northeast. I am not in a rush though. I might take some time off and wait for something I really want while I do some fishing and relaxing before I jump back into the rat race. 😆 How do you like being a union rep? I considered doing that when I worked for the IRS.

Oh yeah, I already get vets preference and have tenure but that only really helps up to about GS-11, which is my current position. Since I left the military I have worked for 3 different federal agencies over the past 11 years: IRS, Natural Resources Conservation Service, and Bureau of Land Management. Once I get to Florida that number will go to 4 unless I work for NRCS again because I am not going back to the IRS and BLM only exists mostly in western states and a few in the northeast. I am not in a rush though. I might take some time off and wait for something I really want while I do some fishing and relaxing before I jump back into the rat race. 😆 How do you like being a union rep? I considered doing that when I worked for the IRS.
Bud I am really proud of you for your service, and you deserve the above bolded statement, that's awesome.
I work under a General Agreement, (Union) so some things may be different on the sick leave, we don't get anything for unused when we retire, but if other parts of the Government do, I am happy for them, that's awesome. It's like you are getting a payment for being an employee that came to work instead of burning it as you got it, and REDASS leave is very tempting at times. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Also, to add to my previous post.
Anal Glaucoma, (can't see my ass coming to work)

ADVERTISEMENT