ADVERTISEMENT

FAU vs UT

Beat Duke on IU’s floor! Great day to be a Cat even though I was about 1 years old.😂
You brag about FF's that end in defeat. So, I guess you're dumb as hell.

Just thought I'd repeat it cause we both know it's true.

Reactions: Deepelm
You brag about FF's that end in defeat. So, I guess you're dumb as hell.

Just thought I'd repeat it cause we both know it's true.

UT hangs banners for Elite 8s, tournament appearances and freakin' NIT appearances. You should probably go tell them how unbelievably stupid they are. 😆 Along with every coach, fan and analyst who uses final fours as a metric of success. Which is pretty much all of them.

I seriously can't believe you guys are still going back and forth on this. We could all probably recite every post word for word before either of you hits submit.

UT hangs banners for Elite 8s, tournament appearances and freakin' NIT appearances. You should probably go tell them how unbelievably stupid they are. 😆 Along with every coach, fan and analyst who uses final fours as a metric of success. Which is pretty much all of them.

I seriously can't believe you guys are still going back and forth on this. We could all probably recite every post word for word before either of you hits submit.
I don't quit and I don't celebrate losses.

It’s not the going back and fourth for me I just like the fact that she gets tore up. It’s easy to see in her post.

Well when dealing with an idiotic person like yourself LuLu you’re bound to say some idiotic things but let me try explaining this one last time to you. For the love of god try and read this slowly or have your husband read it to you so maybe you can understand. Here we go! You celebrate making it to the final four sweetness. That means after your team wins its elite 8 game to advance to the final four you celebrate. Team rushes the floor, fans go crazy and everybody is happy and excited. One more time, that’s after you win your elite 8 game to make the final four. Now, after your final four game, if you’re on the losing end you’ll find that yourself, other fans and your team and coaches are sad. I bet you money you can’t show me a video of a team from this past weekend that lost in the elite 8 rushing the floor because they lost can you? I didn’t think so. We all know why you make yourself look like a jackass when it comes to final fours and that’s because you don’t have any so you downplay them. Everyone knows it! They all laugh at you Sissy, even my straw friends!😘
Ownership.

Reactions: Scotty00
I don't quit and I don't celebrate losses.

Not attacking you. I just don't see what you think you're going to prove. Do you expect Scotty or anybody else to one day pull a 180? "Y'know, I slept on it and you're right--celebrating a final four is stupid!"

You claim to hate arrogance, but is there anything more arrogant than claiming that your opinion is smart and the opinion of the other 99.9% of the world is stupid?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Not attacking you. I just don't see what you think you're going to prove. Do you expect Scotty or anybody else to one day pull a 180? "Y'know, I slept on it and you're right--celebrating a final four is stupid!"

You claim to hate arrogance, but is there anything more arrogant than claiming that your opinion is smart and the opinion of the other 99.9% of the world is stupid?
I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. I just stated my opinion. I don't think it is arrogant. I can't brag about something that ended in a loss. I'm fine for you celebrating getting beat in the final four. I'm not celebrating getting our ass kicked in the 16. I only celebrate wins. It's as simple as that.

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. I just stated my opinion. I don't think it is arrogant. I can't brag about something that ended in a loss. I'm fine for you celebrating getting beat in the final four. I'm not celebrating getting our ass kicked in the 16. I only celebrate wins. It's as simple as that.
Celebrating regular season wins seems more your style.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Sweet 16 is completely different. All it means is that you won a couple games, one of which is usually vs a weak team. Going to the final four means you're the champion of your region. That's a fact, not opinion. If your opinion is that being champ of your region isn't something to be proud of, fine. But claiming that people celebrate losses is false. I know you understand this, because it's not complicated and it's been stated 6,000 times. So you're just being disingenuous.

Sweet 16 is completely different. All it means is that you won a couple games, one of which is usually vs a weak team. Going to the final four means you're the champion of your region. That's a fact, not opinion. If your opinion is that being champ of your region isn't something to be proud of, fine. But claiming that people celebrate losses is false. I know you understand this, because it's not complicated and it's been stated 6,000 times. So you're just being disingenuous.
First off there is nothing regional about a region in the fact that they mix up the teams. Secondly, you have to win 4 games to make a FF and they will vary in difficulty based on seeding and upsets. Finally, if you celebrate a FF that ended at FF, you are celebrating something that ended in a loss. These are the facts.

First off there is nothing regional about a region in the fact that they mix up the teams. Secondly, you have to win 4 games to make a FF and they will vary in difficulty based on seeding and upsets. Finally, if you celebrate a FF that ended at FF, you are celebrating something that ended in a loss. These are the facts.

Round and round we go. You weren't kidding about not quitting. 😆

You can keep repeating the same thing, but it doesn't make it true. No one celebrates a loss. They celebrate winning 4 games to get there. Just like people celebrate going to the Super Bowl. They don't celebrate when they lose. They celebrate the fact that they won their conference.

Tennessee is a good program and they've never won 4 games in the tourney. If/when Barnes gets them to a final four, you'll probably scream for a week. And then you'll be disappointed if they fail to win it all. Just. Like. Everyone. Else. You can keep saying it's nothing to brag about, but that's like Stevie Wonder saying that eyesight is nothing to brag about.

Reactions: Scotty00
I celebrate wins period. I usually celebrate what I think are big wins. This year I celebrate wins over Kansas, Texas, bama and Duke.
You celebrate wins so you’re saying if Hell froze over and UT won an elite 8 game to make the final four you would celebrate! Now was that so hard to admit LuLu?😂

• Haha
Reactions: Rod Dangerfield

You can keep repeating the same thing, but it doesn't make it true. No one celebrates a loss. They celebrate winning 4 games to get there. Just like people celebrate going to the Super Bowl. They don't celebrate when they lose. They celebrate the fact that they won their conference.

Tennessee is a good program and they've never won 4 games in the tourney. If/when Barnes gets them to a final four, you'll probably scream for a week. And then you'll be disappointed if they fail to win it all. Just. Like. Everyone. Else. You can keep saying it's nothing to brag about, but that's like Stevie Wonder saying that eyesight is nothing to brag about.
😂😂😂😂

You celebrate a milestone that ended in a loss. That's what this comes down to. So, admit it, it'll be good for your soul.

You celebrate wins so you’re saying if Hell froze over and UT won an elite 8 game to make the final four you would celebrate! Now was that so hard to admit LuLu?😂
Celebration would cease the moment we got our ass kicked. Your dumbass would be sad too losing, but miraculously in an undetermined period of time maybe a blue moon, you would all of a sudden jump into celebration. That is dumb.

Reactions: Deepelm
Celebration would cease the moment we got our ass kicked. Your dumbass would be sad too losing, but miraculously in an undetermined period of time maybe a blue moon, you would all of a sudden jump into celebration. That is dumb.
Oh so you’re saying you would do EXACTLY like I told your dumbass you would do!!!!!😂 You would celebrate making the final four and then be sad if you lost your final four game. Gee, who’s told you that over and over?????😂😂😂😂 What a dumbass😂😂😂😂

Oh so you’re saying you would do EXACTLY like I told your dumbass you would do!!!!!😂 You would celebrate making the final four and then be sad if you lost your final four game. Gee, who’s told you that over and over?????😂😂😂😂 What a dumbass😂😂😂😂
You're a complete idiot. I just described what you would do and you know it. You try to deflect with this BS.

You celebrate a milestone that ended in a loss. That's what this comes down to. So, admit it, it'll be good for your soul.

That’s true. I don’t have a crystal ball to tell me how it’s going to end.

I think they should abolish the NIT. I don't even understand why we have it.

Imagine hanging a banner just for making an appearance. That’s like celebrating getting sent down to the minor leagues.

No answer?

Imagine hanging a banner just for making an appearance. That’s like celebrating getting sent down to the minor leagues.

No answer?
I just told you I am not in favor of the NIT. Obviously, some people are or we wouldn't have it.

So you would be more proud of “getting your ass kicked” than winning? Weird. That completely contradicts everything you’ve ever said.
Don't make a presupposition. I am neither proud or depressed about the NIT. I am never happy after an ass kicking.

I don't mean to sound condescending but I can't imagine not celebrating the player's/coach's effort.

Reminds me of the old Jordan commercial where he talks about how many missed shots he missed.

Players try.

Your school is apparently proud to just make an appearance. Sad.
Tennessee looks like a giant compared to Kansas as Athletic depts go. Sad that you would make such a statement.

I think they should abolish the NIT. I don't even understand why we have it.
The Nit should not be abolished, There are teams year in and year out that are just below the NCAAT. The NIT gives them a goal for the season. Their ok with not making the NCAA realizing that there's only 68 slots and they simply aren't able to compete at that level. The teams at mid-lower range of every P5 conference are happy to have the NIT option available. The Vandy's Georgia's Tenn and Mississippi's of the SEC make the NCAAT on occasion but the NIT is doalbe every year. Same for the Pittsburgh's Wake Forest and Miami's of the ACC. Top teams from the non P5 conferences are also happy to play in this tourney. Teams like George Mason from the Atlantic 10 had a 20-13 season. Im sure they look forward to the NIT for exposure and a possible NIT banner to hang.

Hell, for most of UT's H-Word (History for everyone else) they should love the NIT for a postseason option.

BTW How many NIT championships does UT have? serious question, i would assume several.

Tennessee looks like a giant compared to Kansas as Athletic depts go. Sad that you would make such a statement.

Aside from women's basketball (which about .01% of people pay attention to), what have they done lately? Frankly, I don't even know what your WBB team has done lately, but I assume they've been pretty good. Your football program has ONE top 10 team in over 20 years. Even KU can say that. 😆

Personally, I'd rather excel at one thing than be mediocre at every major sport.

The Nit should not be abolished, There are teams year in and year out that are just below the NCAAT. The NIT gives them a goal for the season. Their ok with not making the NCAA realizing that there's only 68 slots and they simply aren't able to compete at that level. The teams at mid-lower range of every P5 conference are happy to have the NIT option available. The Vandy's Georgia's Tenn and Mississippi's of the SEC make the NCAAT on occasion but the NIT is doalbe every year. Same for the Pittsburgh's Wake Forest and Miami's of the ACC. Top teams from the non P5 conferences are also happy to play in this tourney. Teams like George Mason from the Atlantic 10 had a 20-13 season. Im sure they look forward to the NIT for exposure and a possible NIT banner to hang.

Hell, for most of UT's H-Word (History for everyone else) they should love the NIT for a postseason option.

BTW How many NIT championships does UT have? serious question, i would assume several.
You are welcome to the opinion that the NIT should exist, I just don't share it. I don't keep up with the NIT for stated reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT