ADVERTISEMENT

FAU vs UT

This is an epic choke
I should’ve known better to bet on Regular season Rick and UT! Can’t believe I actually picked them bastards to make a final four.🤦🏼‍♂️
Season 3 Ugh GIF by Parks and Recreation

There’s no way in Hades Phillips goes pro. He’s nowhere near ready

Yeah, I agree. But you never know with these cats these days. I rag on Rick some for the tournament failures but he is excellent at player development. I think Phillips can be a big time player next year under him.

Oh well...
Its hard to get to the FF or win a title even with your best team ever.

I know you don't like history but UT coming up short with its best ever team should put UK's history in prospective.

We've won 8 titles in 17 FF's, thats HARD TO DO and puts UT and UK in different universes. I only mention it bc you talked smack all season.

I know you don't like history but UT coming up short with its best ever team should put UK's history in prospective.

We've won 8 titles in 17 FF's, thats HARD TO DO and puts UT and UK in different universes. I only mention it bc you talked smack all season.

giphy.gif

Good season, Tennessee
Tough team, tough out

.. cost me both my $5 parlays, tho
😭😭
Hoping
KSU -1.5 v FAU
makes it all better..

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Rick Barnes and March baby. Happy they at least knocked Duke out before the yearly choke.

• Haha
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

If you know I don't like history why do you insist on yapping it? E8's aren't hard. You have to win 3 games.

This shit is hard. Going into the tournament I thought KU was the best team, duke seemed to be peaking and Alabama was rolling. Winning 4/5 games just to get to the FF is daunting enough yet alone winning it all. I been lucky enough to see UNC win 5 titles but as a fan I had more heartbreaks than the average fan when you're expectations are high. KU, UK and duke fans know this all to well. A good year to many doesn't mean the same when you're a fan of a team that's in the conversation of winning it all year after year.

Last edited:
Making NY 6 ain’t easy in CFB, but it isn’t something to brag about.

Didn't you just say it wasn't hard to win three?

Your school hangs Elite 8 banners. Not mine. Most of us don't brag about Elite 8s.

What it boils down to is this: your opinion's your opinion (assuming it is even your true opinion), but you won't find many people who agree that a win over a rival or a conference title is more brag-worthy than a Final Four appearance.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
I think Tennessee's season and their fans is a hilarious case study in fans' delusion. They were ugly all year on offense with an elite defense and one PG along with no excellent individual scorer limited them. Limped down the stretch and the ZZ injury was brutal.

TN fans didn't expect them to win one, let alone 2 tourney games. Then they surprised the fans by winning 2 causing them to go from completely pessimistic on losing early to overly optimistic that a Final 4 was a lock. Now they are just as pissed, if not more because they lost to FAU instead of a bigger name school that might be a worse team, largely because their perception changed. That one unexpected win vs Duke is now completely negated in their minds.

I was upset the defense panicked and left guys open, didn't rebound well, and the offensive aggression was lacking but this team was very flawed. FAU is very good also and deservedly in the E8 with a chance at a F4. It's never easy to win in the tourney.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Not going to miss any of the seniors except Vescovi. And yes, that includes homeboy Triple J. The MVP for the Vols was Aidoo, and that is why they lost the game.
I would give it to Mashack. He brought it all game.

I think Tennessee's season and their fans is a hilarious case study in fans' delusion. They were ugly all year on offense with an elite defense and one PG along with no excellent individual scorer limited them. Limped down the stretch and the ZZ injury was brutal.

TN fans didn't expect them to win one, let alone 2 tourney games. Then they surprised the fans by winning 2 causing them to go from completely pessimistic on losing early to overly optimistic that a Final 4 was a lock. Now they are just as pissed, if not more because they lost to FAU instead of a bigger name school that might be a worse team, largely because their perception changed. That one unexpected win vs Duke is now completely negated in their minds.

I was upset the defense panicked and left guys open, didn't rebound well, and the offensive aggression was lacking but this team was very flawed. FAU is very good also and deservedly in the E8 with a chance at a F4. It's never easy to win in the tourney.
You’re wrong about UT fans talking about final fours because they don’t like final fours. They’ll let you know real fast that final fours don’t mean anything and they shouldn’t be celebrated!😂

Spot on on history and how hard it is to win in the tournament. I would say that this wasn't near their best team, although KenPom and others have them rated as the best. The record wasn't close and this is the 3rd or 4th best Vols team Barnes has had

ADVERTISEMENT