ADVERTISEMENT

Fantasy football ‘19 - ‘20

I get Mahomes when he has his first bad week, and Dak goes for 7 points. Unreal

I refused to draft a Bengal this year. They are awful.
I usually just take the best available player. I did have Mixon as my 3rd RB 2 years ago and he was pretty bad. I remember a lot of 1-2 YPC games out of him. Guess I haven’t learned my lesson yet.

I’ve noticed a lot of you guys in this league start 3 WR instead of 3 RB. Back when I was really into fantasy this was unheard of. You always started a RB at the flex position. The game has changed that much? I just don’t trust WR’s. Seems like it’s 50/50 with even the better guys to score less than 6-7 points. RB’s should always score atleast that much with how much the ball is thrown to them.

I usually just take the best available player. I did have Mixon as my 3rd RB 2 years ago and he was pretty bad. I remember a lot of 1-2 YPC games out of him. Guess I haven’t learned my lesson yet.

I’ve noticed a lot of you guys in this league start 3 WR instead of 3 RB. Back when I was really into fantasy this was unheard of. You always started a RB at the flex position. The game has changed that much? I just don’t trust WR’s. Seems like it’s 50/50 with even the better guys to score less than 6-7 points. RB’s should always score atleast that much with how much the ball is thrown to them.
Depends on the week for me honestly. I think the game had changed quite a bit as far as offenses go. Not even 10-12 years ago, teams ran the football much more than they do now it seems. But a lot of it has to do with rule changes letting WR do pretty much whatever they want without contact, as well as guys like Mahomes and Rodgers being able to throw the ball wherever they want.

Throw in that a lot of teams use two guys now instead of just one workhorse to run the ball, and yea, WR can be a viable flex depending on who you have and who they’re playing. It’s not weird for 2 or 3 receivers to be taken in the first round these days.

Depends on the week for me honestly. I think the game had changed quite a bit as far as offenses go. Not even 10-12 years ago, teams ran the football much more than they do now it seems. But a lot of it has to do with rule changes letting WR do pretty much whatever they want without contact, as well as guys like Mahomes and Rodgers being able to throw the ball wherever they want.

Throw in that a lot of teams use two guys now instead of just one workhorse to run the ball, and yea, WR can be a viable flex depending on who you have and who they’re playing. It’s not weird for 2 or 3 receivers to be taken in the first round these days.
I think next year we should consider having 5 carries = 1 point and having 1 point bonuses for WR and RB who go over 100 yards rushing/receiving. Same with QB’s going over 300 yards passing. That’s how I always liked the game. We actually may have some of those in place but I haven’t noticed it yet.

It does seem odd to me that our league rewards players for 1 reception but no bonus points for a RB who carries the ball 20+ times.

I think next year we should consider having 5 carries = 1 point and having 1 point bonuses for WR and RB who go over 100 yards rushing/receiving. Same with QB’s going over 300 yards passing. That’s how I always liked the game. We actually may have some of those in place but I haven’t noticed it yet.

It does seem odd to me that our league rewards players for 1 reception but no bonus points for a RB who carries the ball 20+ times.
We can always consider changing the scoring system. Although catching then all does actually require some skill and maneuvering, taking a handoff doesn’t.

We can always consider changing the scoring system. Although catching then all does actually require some skill and maneuvering, taking a handoff doesn’t.
Sure. But that’s why the bonus would only kick in every 5 carries. You have to be extremely skilled to receive 15 carries and I feel like a player should be rewarded for that.

I’m just a big fan of points being scored in fantasy. The more the better IMO.

Sure. But that’s why the bonus would only kick in every 5 carries. You have to be extremely skilled to receive 15 carries and I feel like a player should be rewarded for that.

I’m just a big fan of points being scored in fantasy. The more the better IMO.
Sure, not opposed at all. If everyone commits pretty quickly to another season after this one, we have plenty of time to discuss rules

Reactions: precise02
My team is done. $100 down the drain.

Basically, if I didn’t go to the damn Notre Dame vs Louisville game I’d be in first place. That’s what I’m rolling with. In for next year.

Basically, if I didn’t go to the damn Notre Dame vs Louisville game I’d be in first place. That’s what I’m rolling with. In for next year.

My season is on the brink. But it's fun.

Reactions: bkingUK

I bet you’re the kind of guy who looks at his friend and says “Game Over!” when his team goes down 25-16 in the first half.

Brooky and are playing an official elimination game this week

nah, I could lose this week and still like my chances. If Saquon comes back by week 7, I’ll be pretty stacked at RB in short order. WR is sketchy but Tate is back and could be good. I’m getting less and less hopeful AJ Green will come back at all this year, though, which hurts. I think he’s milking the injury/surgery to avoid wasting wear and tear playing in that shitty offense.

nah, I could lose this week and still like my chances. If Saquon comes back by week 7, I’ll be pretty stacked at RB in short order. WR is sketchy but Tate is back and could be good. I’m getting less and less hopeful AJ Green will come back at all this year, though, which hurts. I think he’s milking the injury/surgery to avoid wasting wear and tear playing in that shitty offense.

I like your confidence, but 1-4 and we aren't making the playoffs

If anybody needs some depth, I’m in the market for a solid WR2/3. Could do a 2-for-1

I like your confidence, but 1-4 and we aren't making the playoffs
Still in it. I once started off 0-5 and then won 5 in a row to put myself into a playoff spot. If any of us at 1-3 win next week while a 3-1 guy loses then we’ll only be 1 game out with more than half the season left.

Reactions: hawkit3113
Still in it. I once started off 0-5 and then won 5 in a row to put myself into a playoff spot. If any of us at 1-3 win next week while a 3-1 guy loses then we’ll only be 1 game out with more than half the season left.

You are giving me hope.

Thanks

Never would’ve thought my two best players were gonna be a white RB and white WR.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT