ADVERTISEMENT

Exhibition season

Kentucky 86 IUP 64. Kentucky pulled away late. Shot 50/40/90 as a team. Defense was a little suspect again.

PJ, Herro and Travis all looked really good. Everyone else was a little off.

Bring on Duke I guess.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Kentucky looks like a different team from the one in the Bahamas. Weird cuz anyone that’s seen them in practice has raved.

IUP is supposed to be a good D2 team. But I would think/hope a legit title contender wouldn’t be struggling like this. o_O
that's why I don't put too much into those summer games. Duke and UK will both be great but a good D2 team is probably going to beat those teams from the summer as well. Ku won 79-52 against Washburn. Washburn historically has been good but they are down this year. Like toonces said, we should dhave trounced them but Coach Self is running a bunch of people into the games and trying to get the feel for what he has. Dok was more of a factor, but KU still trying to figure out our back court. sucks we don't have a tune up game before Michigan State. If we come out flat we could lose that game.

Kentucky 86 IUP 64. Kentucky pulled away late. Shot 50/40/90 as a team. Defense was a little suspect again.

PJ, Herro and Travis all looked really good. Everyone else was a little off.

Bring on Duke I guess.
I have no idea what to expect from UK.

Reactions: Hank_
Heels are up 98-54 on Mt. Olive. They haven't scored in about 5 minutes though. They have looked ok. Good ball movement, very unselfish, and really deep. However, didn't shoot particularly well, bigs are still question marks, defense wasn't good, and they had over 20 turnovers.

Ended up 107-64.

Last edited:
Kentucky looks like a different team from the one in the Bahamas. Weird cuz anyone that’s seen them in practice has raved.

IUP is supposed to be a good D2 team. But I would think/hope a legit title contender wouldn’t be struggling like this. o_O
Thats b/c in games like these, opposed to summer games, you are playing teams who have structure. Played together for 2, 3 or 4 years. Have a system. Are well coaches. Indian(PA) is a solid, D2 team. Returned everyone off a 22-8 team. And have legit D1 kid in Diaz. UK learned more about themselves tonight then any game played in the Bahama's.

Reactions: Hank_ and Montana81
that's why I don't put too much into those summer games. Duke and UK will both be great but a good D2 team is probably going to beat those teams from the summer as well. Ku won 79-52 against Washburn. Washburn historically has been good but they are down this year. Like toonces said, we should dhave trounced them but Coach Self is running a bunch of people into the games and trying to get the feel for what he has. Dok was more of a factor, but KU still trying to figure out our back court. sucks we don't have a tune up game before Michigan State. If we come out flat we could lose that game.
The same Mega Bemax team UK crushed 100-64 beat Michigan by 8 less than 2 weeks later.

The same Mega Bemax team UK crushed 100-64 beat Michigan by 8 less than 2 weeks later.
Games in the Bahama's vs the college game, i.e. how IUP played, is totally different. The style in the bahama's fed right into the hands of a team like UK. Plus Herro made every shot he took. In other words, the play in the Bahama's wasn't conducive of how college game is played. Basically pick-up style games.

Games in the Bahama's vs the college game, i.e. how IUP played, is totally different. The style in the bahama's fed right into the hands of a team like UK. Plus Herro made every shot he took. In other words, the play in the Bahama's wasn't conducive of how college game is played. Basically pick-up style games.
What does that have to do with Michigan playing them in Spain?

What does that have to do with Michigan playing them in Spain?
Because Michigan and UK have different personnel. That type of style(open gym, up and down the floor, run and gun) fits a team like UK better than a team like Michigan. There was no structure. Just athletes running up and down the floor. Talent won out. Tonight though, you saw what a "structured" game can do. It can somewhat neutralize the discrepancy in talent. Yes, Michigan is talented. But they're not UK talented. It's why that type of play in the Bahama's greatly favored UK.

Its not a knock on UK. They are going to be really, scary good. Or could be. But what went on in the Bahama's isn't close to how college basketball is played.

Illinois played their exhibition tonight. Looks like they were up by 20 most of the night. The juco transfer Im excited about(Andres Feliz) scored 20 points on 8/12 from the floor. He was an absolute steal for Illinois.

Their starting guards Ayo Dosunmu and Trent Frazier combined to go 12/19 from the field and 4/6 from 3 for a combined 32 points.

Because Michigan and UK have different personnel. That type of style(open gym, up and down the floor, run and gun) fits a team like UK better than a team like Michigan. There was no structure. Just athletes running up and down the floor. Talent won out. Tonight though, you saw what a "structured" game can do. It can somewhat neutralize the discrepancy in talent. Yes, Michigan is talented. But they're not UK talented. It's why that type of play in the Bahama's greatly favored UK.

Its not a knock on UK. They are going to be really, scary good. Or could be. But what went on in the Bahama's isn't close to how college basketball is played.
Cats need to lock down on D. I have a feeling the UK/Duke game is going to be a total failure on both ends as far as defense goes.

Cats need to lock down on D. I have a feeling the UK/Duke game is going to be a total failure on both ends as far as defense goes.
I look for a sloppy game. A ton of highlights, and WOW moments. But overall, sloppy. But make no mistake, both come March will be really good. I like UK in this due to having some experience. But even then, Duke is talented enough to win. No doubt there.

When do the lines come out? I think UK vs Duke will be a PK.......KU vs MSU be -3 KU

I look for a sloppy game. A ton of highlights, and WOW moments. But overall, sloppy. But make no mistake, both come March will be really good. I like UK in this due to having some experience. But even then, Duke is talented enough to win. No doubt there.
UK needs to lockup straight line drives. Duke will put on a show if we don't.

For the hoop heads... WVU vs Penn State on AT&T Sports Pittsburgh today at noon. 659 on directv.

Doogie CBS predicts WVU to miss the tourney in their 37 predictions- thoughts??

That definitely won't happen

Well be around a 4 or 5 seed again.

We might lose early to buffalo next week though. Some early injuries and a lot of new faces. This team will look way better in a month or 2.

WVU lost to Penn State? That's kinda shocking. Think Penn State will be around 10th in conference.

Impressive.Who are you all playing?

They aren't good, but still 12 points. Simmons College of Kentucky....

Offense started hitting open 3's late to take it from 31 to 40 in around 1 minute and a half or so.

Defensively we've been good our first exhibition games. Offense still needs work. We'll get better as the season goes forward...I'm gonna like watching this team. Shoot a lot of 3's, granted they are open because of driving and dishing it out, just need to hit them.

Williams starting to get a post presence which is good because that gives another option down low other than Enoch.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Exhibition without multiple key players... lol

Beilein misses the tourney 40% of the time. Is this another one of those years?

Now you’re making excuses for losing to a bad team.

Not sure what Beilein has to do with this, dummy.

Now you’re making excuses for losing to a bad team.

Not sure what Beilein has to do with this, dummy.

Its an exhibition. No excuses needed.

But Dont play dumb. Your feelings got hurt in the other thread because multiple people said huggs was a better coach than beilein. And those opinions were backed up by hard facts.

But Dont play dumb. Your feelings got hurt in the other thread because multiple people said huggs was a better coach than beilein. And those opinions were backed up by hard facts.
Michigan got beat by a shit team (Bemax) in exhibition too.

Reactions: doogie503

You made excusss and then say no excuses needed? Odd.

No one takes anyone saying Huggins > Beilein serious.

@jace46555 There ya go. You can add Huggins to the list of coaches better than Beilein.

No one takes anyone saying Huggins > Beilein serious.
Why? Both have two Final Fours. Huggins has 800+ wins....JB 700+. Hugs has won 66% of his games at WVU...JB 63% at Michigan. I mean, where's the huge difference?

To be honest, I don’t even care about Huggins. The Beilein trashing coming from the WVU fan comes off a bit cringey, thoigh

ADVERTISEMENT