ADVERTISEMENT

Exhibition season

“Their ability to get to the rim, against a D3 school with zero inside presence” man that’s ****ing impressive. 2019 UK Basketball “2 top 5 squads on the same team”—BBN Laughing

Didn't someone say their tallest player was 6'-6"? How can he possibly say the first line knowing that.....lol

Reactions: UL_1986
I think it’s funny that the west coast barista moniker is always placed on people that live in California. I don’t care how much money anyone makes but to peg me as that is hilarious. Generally poor people throw that type of shade, I was just responding.

The left coast thing is funny to me too, this southerner/midwestener likes California. In and Out is overrated though.

At least you ****s don't have the same argument in every thread....b/c it def hasn't ran its course.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
Right but he’s been there long enough to have time to make up for bad luck injury years. Good coach for sure, but zero Sweet 16 wins in 13? 14? years is not the best look.
I'm pretty sure there are plenty of examples of coaches doing the same thing to later break through. Or so I've been told, lol.

little barista boy.
giphy.gif

Reactions: JC for 3
Kansas v Washburn tonight. The ichabods are in for a dickin tonight. Anyone else have an exhibition tonight?

IU getting ready to tip-off vs D2 Southern Indiana. Missing 3 guys tonight: Green, Thompson and Hunter. USI is normally among D2's better teams. I attended college there, so its neat to see this game.

Kansas v Washburn tonight. The ichabods are in for a dickin tonight. Anyone else have an exhibition tonight?

I tried to watch it but it was on that + deal. Seeing as I already pay almost 200 for DTV I'm just not paying anymore to watch some exhibitions.

So how did the IU and Kansas games go?
IU won 96-62 vs D2 Southern Indiana. Three of top four scorers were freshman; Anderson 14, Phinisee and Langford with 13. First half, we were really good defensively. Awful offensively. Second half, just the opposite. Had a few guys out, but nothing of real significance; Green, Hunter and Thompson. Green is a projected started. Hunter a Top 50, 4*. Phinisee, frosh PG, played 28 minutes with no turnovers. That is such an upgrade. But hey, its one thing to do so vs a D2 opponent. A whole other vs better competition. But still...really good to see. Langford had his moments. Had two early steals, one leading to a dunk. He was very active defensively; 5 steals. Rebounded well, which is no surprise. He was also his HS all-time leading rebounder. SHot selection is something he'll need to improve on. Also, has a tendency to throw some lazy, soft passes. Twice they were picked off,. Can't do that at this level. Anderson, another 4*, was 4-5 from three.

A lot of good. A lot bad, too. But for an exhibition , it went well.

UNC plays MT Olive tonight. Our freshman, and sophs need all the reps they can get...cause we got Wofford coming up on Tuesday.

Yeah, UNC actually opens the season with two true road games, which is kind of rare.

Went to the game Kansas putted around in the first half. Self played a ton of guys. Started a different rotation. Only had 35 at half. Played more aggressively in the 2nd. Can’t remember the final score. 30-40 pt win. Didn’t look like #1. No alpha. Lots of “ meadurables talent. KJ Lawson shouldn’t play. Looks the part but sooo slow footed and looks like the prototypical me first perimeter hoverer that’s out their to shoot and do zero of the things that make you an asset.

Reactions: Montana81
Yeah, UNC actually opens the season with two true road games, which is kind of rare.
Has Roy ever said why he prefers to schedule road games against low majors? Is it just to get them some road experience?

Went to the game Kansas putted around in the first half. Self played a ton of guys. Started a different rotation. Only had 35 at half. Played more aggressively in the 2nd. Can’t remember the final score. 30-40 pt win. Didn’t look like #1. No alpha. Lots of “ meadurables talent. KJ Lawson shouldn’t play. Looks the part but sooo slow footed and looks like the prototypical me first perimeter hoverer that’s out their to shoot and do zero of the things that make you an asset.
Without KJ there's no Dedric though. Take the good with the bad, I guess.

Reactions: toonces11
Has Roy ever said why he prefers to schedule road games against low majors? Is it just to get them some road experience?

He has connections to many of them. The Elon coach asked if they would come help open their new building and he knows the Wofford coach so wants to help him out. Hopefully not help him out as much s last year though, lol.

Also, he likes to get his upperclassmen a game close to their home so sometimes it is for that reason.

He has connections to many of them. The Elon coach asked if they would come help open their new building and he knows the Wofford coach so wants to help him out. Hopefully not help him out as much s last year though, lol.

Also, he likes to get his upperclassmen a game close to their home so sometimes it is for that reason.
Ahhhh, all good reasons! That is pretty cool. Yes, getting upperclassmen games near their hometowns when possible so their fam and friends can see them play is awesome! You're right, Roy was a little too generous to Wofford last year. I am surprised they are still friends. Laughing

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Yeah, that sucked, lol. Roy has those games now and then at UNC though.

Being so close to Nashville I still remember grilling and watching Belmont take us down with like 12 straight points in the last minute.

Roy also likes his players battle tested, so he'll play anyone... anywhere.

I think it's cool watching the Heels play in a smaller venue on the road.

Reactions: AWilli6995

Being so close to Nashville I still remember grilling and watching Belmont take us down with like 12 straight points in the last minute.

That northern Iowa game was ballsy too. Northern Iowa has been pretty good, like one of the best mid majors in the country, for the last decade now.

Allen Edwards is coaching Wyoming. Would be cool to give them a home and home.

Reactions: j-doolsheels
Roy also likes his players battle tested, so he'll play anyone... anywhere.

I think it's cool watching the Heels play in a smaller venue on the road.

Despite the fact we lost, I enjoyed the Robert Morris game. How often do you get to see a program like Kentucky play a true road game in a 3000 seat gym against a team like Robert Morris. That was one of the best road atmospheres we’ve played in since I’ve been watching.

Despite the fact we lost, I enjoyed the Robert Morris game. How often do you get to see a program like Kentucky play a true road game in a 3000 seat gym against a team like Robert Morris. That was one of the best road atmospheres we’ve played in since I’ve been watching.

It's fun, and once in a while you lose a game like that. It's almost worth a loss to experience that atmosphere...well

I believe we lost @ St Mary's in 09, but cut down the nets in April, so no big deal

I had forgotten all about Belmont. Better to lose those games early in regular season though. They don't mean much in the grand scheme of things. It's not like losing to Mercer or Lehigh in the tourney or something crazy like that. ;)

Kentucky looks like a different team from the one in the Bahamas. Weird cuz anyone that’s seen them in practice has raved.

IUP is supposed to be a good D2 team. But I would think/hope a legit title contender wouldn’t be struggling like this. o_O

ADVERTISEMENT